hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we were paying the figure I was told about last night to Farmers company then it would go some way to explaining why we haven't produced anything since East Mains opened.
    What figure ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    What figure ?
    I got told £600,000 a year.

Not putting my opinion over, because I think my opinion of East Mains is well known.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    The old adage was follow the money but with Hibs that is near impossible thanks to dummy companies, holding companies and the like. Even a Philademphia lawyer would struggle. We need clarity. And we need Petrie gone.
    98% of the club's shares is owned by HFC Holdings Ltd, the other 2% is owned by fans in general.

10% of HFC Holdings Ltd is owned by Rod Petrie, the rest is under the control of Sir Tom Farmer. The structure that makes up that 90% is irrelevant to the club.

Not that difficult and I've never even been to Philademphia.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    If we were paying the figure I was told about last night to Farmers company then it would go some way to explaining why we haven't produced anything since East Mains opened.
    Where is this "figure" coming from? It can't be the football club or it would show in the accounts. It can't be disguised as something else (eg. wages) as it wouldn't get past the auditors.

There seems to be people claiming to be "in the know" who in reality know the square root of sod all.

Not putting my opinion over, because I think my opinion of East Mains is well known.
    Who told you that?

They were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Herriot View Post
    Just got handed a card alleging that Rod Petrie is, in fact, a lizard.

Well, that's proof enough for me.

:)
    It's certainly more believable than some of the pish that's appearing on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Who told you that?

They were wrong.
    A close friend. And he said that group in question had "proof" that will come out in the next 2 weeks. Guess we will wait and see

A close friend. And he said that group in question had "proof" that will come out in the next 2 weeks. Guess we will wait and see
    Why 2 weeks? Why not now?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    98% of the club's shares is owned by HFC Holdings Ltd, the other 2% is owned by fans in general.

10% of HFC Holdings Ltd is owned by Rod Petrie, the rest is under the control of Sir Tom Farmer. The structure that makes up that 90% is irrelevant to the club.

If this lot had ANY evidence they'd be singing from the nearest rooftop.

I predict that if they have any proof at all it does not come from the 21st century.

But the accounts posted on this thread are the truth so what is there to "come out" in two weeks ?...

**** ..this is better than Eastenders !!!

Let me give you a choice:

£24,000 in the KPMG audited financial statements (rent/leases have to be legally disclosed....as do transactions to related parties)
    £600,000 is a figure you got told last night by someone???

With no disrespect to your informant.....I know which figure I believe.
    And if anyone has any proof to the contrary they can report it somewhere better than on this forum or on a laminated card.

Not got the effort to quote you all...

But I am just saying what I have heard. He maybe heard it as hearsay - but maybe he didn't.

I have gone over the accounts of 2012-13 and it doesnt say we own East Mains, also doesnt say we rent them either mind you.

We will see if anything happens.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    For the hard of thinking like me can you explain the rationale behind that ?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    After reading the details , I think Brad and his buddies have been duped on this one ...someone has fed them duff info ...

#hibileaks

Even I could spell Philadelphia correctly. I think the people behind this should put all these facts in an open letter and personally sign it.

Why wait for 2 weeks? If they have the proof, publish and be dammed or sued!

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    For the hard of thinking like me can you explain the rationale behind that ?
    That we are giving £600k out every year, and instead of spending that on producing our talent that we were we are spending it on East Mains?

To produce ZERO in 7 years worth any note is ridiculous when we have the best training academy in Scotland.

Argue that if you wish.

But I am just saying what I have heard. He maybe heard it as hearsay - but maybe he didn't.

I have gone over the accounts of 2012-13 and it doesnt say we own East Mains, also doesnt say we rent them either mind you.

Have another look.

Note 9 on page 14 tells us that the training centre is included in Tangible Fixed Assets at a valuation of £5,450,000. If the club didn't own it that valuation would not be there.

Note 9: Fixed Assets
    The Hibernian Training Centre is independently valued at £5.45 million and included as an asset in the financial statements of "The Hibernian Football Club Limited".

1. East Mains is an owned asset of THFCL
    2. There are no significant rents or other leases

@hibs.net private member
    That we are giving £600k out every year, and instead of spending that on producing our talent that we were we are spending it on East Mains?

To produce ZERO in 7 years worth any note is ridiculous when we have the best training academy in Scotland.

Argue that if you wish.
    So what's your point ? Close the academy ? Because if that's your improvement plan - count me out !

Left by mutual consent!

And they are such a good job. We were only 12 minutes from being bottom of the championship for God's sake. I don't care what the structure is we need them gone. I care about MY club they do not.

Have another look.

Note 9 on page 14 tells us that the training centre is included in Tangible Fixed Assets at a valuation of £5,450,000. If the club didn't own it that valuation would not be there.
    Hold my hands up to that.

As I say previously, I am not on anyones side. IF it is NOT true the club will no doubt release a statement on Monday you would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    And they are such a good job. We were only 12 minutes from being bottom of the championship for God's sake. I don't care what the structure is we need them gone. I care about MY club they do not.
    Which is a completely different argument.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    So what's your point ? Close the academy ? Because if that's your improvement plan - count me out !
    Did I say that??? I am saying that could be a reason if the £600k figure was right.

Maybe the finance gurus could confirm if I am wrong...but if you owned a business and paying a mortgage on premises would this be shown on the balance sheet as an asset still?

And who knows...maybe the link up with Spartans is to get away from East Mains?? Under 20s games are already being moved and I believe the younger age groups are training or meeting up at Spartans now - as are the first team.

As I say previously, I am not on anyones side. IF it is NOT true the club will no doubt release a statement on Monday you would imagine.
    Why it is clear in the annual report?

Why the capital letters? Do you print stuff?

They really shouldn't have to release any statements about this nonsense, the annual financial statements speak for themselves.

They really shouldn't have to release any statements about this nonsense, the annual financial statements speak for themselves.
    But if the leaflets or cards are lies or wrong then I am certain the club will want to ridicule this. Not everybody has access to the financial reports. It is slander on the club/STF

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Why should they? This is just the latest addition to the long list of unfounded accusations to be slung at STF, RP et al.

I'm not defending them, but make stuff up and you lose credibility.

@hibs.net private member therealgavmac's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's the coffee on the keyboard..... thanks for the laugh CG

But if the leaflets or cards are lies or wrong then I am certain the club will want to ridicule this. Not everybody has access to the financial reports. It is slander on the club/STF
    Has Simon Pia got anything to do with this? I'm sure he mentioned it on twitter when the 3.5m bid went in a few weeks back