hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

#hibileaks/Hands On Hibs/BuyHibs (Merged)

Anyone else get handed the card with the question about asking STF why we rent east mains from him?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else get handed the card with the question about asking STF why we rent east mains from him?
    So we (Hibs) don't own it ?

The football club owns East Mains and pays no rent to anyone for it.

I'm sure the accounts or club recently said it costs the club about 1/2 million per year for the running etc

One of the fans handing out the cards was one of the protesters who disrupted the meeting with L D. Not sure about the truth of what the card said.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    One of the fans handing out the cards was one of the protesters who disrupted the meeting with L D. Not sure about the truth of what the card said.

I am. It's absolute rubbish and I hope the ********s responsible for it get nowhere near ownership of our club.

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    I was handed a card outside the ground before the game.

One question on the card says as follows: I quote...

"HANDSONHIBS

Q) Can YOU also ask Tom Farmer, WHY OUR Hibernian Football Club is paying the Farmer family hundreds of thousands of pounds each year to rent the East Mains Hibernian Training Centre.....When in fact it was the multi-million pound sales of OUR young players plus Hibernian supporters own money that funded the build of the East Mains training centre?"

more information to follow...

#Hibileaks"

What's all that about? Who are #Hibileaks?

I was going to post on this but you beat me to it.

Never heard this before and there have been a number of accounts published since EM was built. Have to say I would need to see cast iron proof before I would believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I was handed a card outside the ground before the game.

One question on the card says as follows: I quote...

"HANDSONHIBS

Q) Can YOU also ask Tom Farmer, WHY OUR Hibernian Football Club is paying the Farmer family hundreds of thousands of pounds each year to rent the East Mains Hibernian Training Centre.....When in fact it was the multi-million pound sales of OUR young players plus Hibernian supporters own money that funded the build of the East Mains training centre?"

more information to follow...

#Hibileaks"

What's all that about? Who are #Hibileaks?

I was going to post on this but you beat me to it.
    Judging by the phrasing and not particularly effective use of CAPITAL LETTERS it seems to be that vaguely delusional boxing gym bloke that "stormed" one of the fan sessions...

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Never heard this before and there have been a number of accounts published since EM was built. Have to say I would need to see cast iron proof before I would believe it.
    There is no proof but those behind this ''campaign'' probably don't care. All they want to do is spread malicious rumours to further some as yet unknown agenda of their own. We all care deeply about our club and many of us want change but this does nothing to help.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    I am. It's absolute rubbish and I hope the ********s responsible for it get nowhere near ownership of our club.
    I also thought that Petrie etc always stated that players we had sold For large fees we used this money to pay for the purchase of EM and transforming it from farm to football facility. Never have i heard anything to the contrary till reading this thread.

Testimonial Due
    Capitalising IMPORTANT words makes you come across as more INTELLIGENT and only serves to strengthen YOUR argument. FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I have copies of all of the accounts since 2003 and they all show that no rent was paid to Sir Tom Farmer or any of his family. The only rent for land and buildings that was paid during that time was £24,000 per annum paid to HFC Holdings Ltd for the ticket office.

These leaflets are not only an attack on STF but also on the integrity of KPMG as auditors.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Judging by the phrasing and not particularly effective use of CAPITAL LETTERS it seems to be that vaguely delusional boxing gym bloke that "stormed" one of the fan sessions...
    I got handed one of those cards yesterday but until now I didn't read what it said. Maybe we should phone Danny Dyer and get him to ask the guy what it's all about. Oh wait a minute he wet himself the last time he met this guy so have to think of someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    I have copies of ALL of the accounts since 2003 and they ALL show that NO RENT was paid to Sir Tom Farmer or ANY of his family. The only rent for land and buildings that was paid during that time was £24,000 per annum paid to HFC Holdings Ltd for the ticket office.

These leaflets are not only AN ATTACK on STF but also on the INTEGRITY of KPMG as auditors.
    Fixed that for you CG, now I believe ya...
    Last edited by Iain G; 14-09-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    I got handed one of those cards yesterday but until now I didn't read what it said. Maybe we should phone Danny Dyer and get him to ask the guy what it's all about. Oh wait a minute he wet himself the last time he met this guy so have to think of someone else.
    No idea who this boxing gym guy is, actually no real idea who Danny Dyer is either! Joys of not living in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    There is no proof but those behind this ''campaign'' probably don't care. All they want to do is spread malicious rumours to further some as yet unknown agenda of their own. We all care deeply about our club and many of us want change but this does nothing to help.
    There has been a rumour kicking about for a while that Farmer has been fleecing the club. Time will tell if this is true. All the card is really saying is let's ask the question. It also seems for many on here Farmer can do know wrong I can assure you Farmer is a businessman first and foremost so don't just disregard these rumours ( no smoke without fire )

There's also no full stop after 70th birthday.

Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandMoaner View Post
    There has been a rumour kicking about for a while that Farmer has been fleecing the club. Time will tell if this is true. All the card is really saying is let's ask the question. It also seems for many on here Farmer can do know wrong I can assure you Farmer is a businessman first and foremost so don't just disregard these rumours ( no smoke without fire )
    Rumours huh, well that makes me believe this whole story!

You don't have to be paranoid to support Hibs but it helps...

And you can have smoke without fire btw

Testimonial Due
    By that logic.

I assert that Sir Tom Farmer personally owns Easter Road Stadium and has opened talks to sell it to Tesco.

No smoke without fire.

Dangerous things to say if no proof.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    By that logic.

I assert that Sir Tom Farmer personally owns Easter Road Stadium and has opened talks to sell it to Tesco.

No smoke without fire.
    I heard it was ASDA!

Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    Whats that phrase, empty vessels make the most noise?!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    By that logic.

No smoke without fire.

Sir Tom Farmer partakes in illicit trout worrying.

No smoke without fire.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

It isn't asking the question, it is making an allegation about STF.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

The question is asked by the auditors every year, but the truth is that the football club OWN the property, therefore they can't possibly RENT it as well.

And it's not a case of STF doing no wrong, it's a case of objecting to defamatory rubbish issued by halfwits.

I am not saying I agree with the card all I am saying is this rumour has been around for sometime and for it now to be put in writing to the fans someone must be sure of their facts because if not I agree it is a dangerous quote for a number of reasons including legal

It will be interesting to see if any response is given by the club or if they ignore. The comments re stadium sale and Straiton are the most concerning and somewhat surprising

First Team Breakthrough
    I am not saying I agree with the card all I am saying is this rumour has been around for sometime and for it now to be put in writing to the fans someone must be sure of their facts because if not I agree it is a dangerous quote for a number of reasons including legal
    I know this rumour has been around for a while but I can assure you that the accounts are very clear and Hibs own East Mains I feel people should be very careful in what they allege lets deal in facts.

@hibs.net private member
    It will be interesting to see if any response is given by the club or if they ignore. The comments re stadium sale and Straiton are the most concerning and somewhat surprising
    Has he sent it to the club?