hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fans Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On another related issue, I recently had a look across at the bounce, there was a thread about.net being locked down during transfer deadline evening, some of the comments about our forum were shall I say less than complimentary, is there bad blood between the two forums?
    I've always viewed .net and the bounce like 2 local pubs. Both are good at what they do, there's nothing wrong with one but you just prefer the other.

Any bad blood was long before I was around here.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

I would never read a Hearts Forum for fear of raising my BP to danger level.

I no longer read the comments at the end of Scotsman/E News football stories for the same reason.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Sorry mate. Dunno how to do it. It's on the "Worst jobs in football" thread. Poster named LeBron James.
    Hes not getting much stick from his own. To be fair he does apologise. Still a pretty ****ty thing to say about anything.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Having a bit of banter with my rangers pal as I have a £100 bet hearts finish above rangers. Just checked the odds for the Scottish cup.....the rangers 12/1,hearts 25/1 and Celtic favourites 11/10....simple question I asked my
    Pal......why are hearts double the odds of rangers when we are walking away with the league they are in

Wow

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    I really enjoy reading and contributing to this forum. I also like to have a wee look across the road now and again to see what they are talking about on kickback. I try to keep an open mind on this forum and actually find a lot of people's opinions interesting even if I don't agree with them. I enjoy a bit of banter with my hearts mates and others who support the rangers and Sellik... It takes a lot to anger me but this morning whilst having a wee read through kickback I was taken aback by one post in particular. There is no bad language used and it's very short. Obviously the poster is an ignorant so and so and in my opinion this kind of "banter" we can do without.... Anyway. Step forward LeBron James, as he calls himself. I quote.... "Hibs trying to beat us is like trying to battle Cancer."

Some may think nothing of this but it is the kind of ignorant, vile, disgusting post I detest. And I'm sure some of his own will think exactly the same. I would love to take this guy on a wee visit to a cancer ward to let him see the devestation this disease causes to patients and there families..... Sorry for the rant but this small post really wound me up. Off to walk the dog......
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    I've seen the phrase, referring to our current board, described as 'the cancer of the club'

personally, I don't appreciate that either..

there's always a better term of phrase that works - bawbags, for instance
    I'm not trying to piss on anyone's cornflakes but I personally think there is a difference between the two bolded statements above. The first statement is out of line, it's making a direct reference to a person fighting cancer. The second statement is a term that is still used widely today (at least I think it is?). The usage of "cancer" in this context is correct; it's describing a malignant presence which is causing harm...and I think cancer is actually a fitting term. It doesn't make light of people fighting cancer.

To digress slightly, did anyone hear about the Fox News guy(s) who when commenting on the Ray Rice story said...I'll let you listen for yourself...

Try this

FFW to about 2:10

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Hes not getting much stick from his own. To be fair he does apologise. Still a pretty ****ty thing to say about anything.

A pretty hollow apology..... He seems happier to gloat that he gets his own thread on here!?!? Holy ****.... And I thought he was a welt before?! Deary me.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marti1875 View Post
    It's a wee bit strange maybe but it doesn't really overly bother me.

I have terminal cancer and when i do see comments like that i have more like one of those facepalm, shake the head, big sigh type of reactions rather than anger or offence or anything like that.

I think most of the time people use that sort of term they have not really thought about it whatsoever, you know, not engaged brain out of neutral before posting type of scenarios.
    Maybe if it was brought to their attention they would see and understand how it's not exactly in the best taste......but yet again, maybe not...especially if it's from that lot over there as most have no brains to engage in the first place so it would go right in one ear and out the other

Really sorry to read that marti. For what it`s worth from an anonymous nobody on here, sending you my best wishes and positive thoughts. All the best.

GG

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    It's a wee bit strange maybe but it doesn't really overly bother me.

I have terminal cancer and when i do see comments like that i have more like one of those facepalm, shake the head, big sigh type of reactions rather than anger or offence or anything like that.

I think most of the time people use that sort of term they have not really thought about it whatsoever, you know, not engaged brain out of neutral before posting type of scenarios.
    Maybe if it was brought to their attention they would see and understand how it's not exactly in the best taste......but yet again, maybe not...especially if it's from that lot over there as most have no brains to engage in the first place so it would go right in one ear and out the other

very sad to hear that marti, agree with the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    "In advance" to anyone on Kickback who was offended by his post...

I wonder if he is just incredibly unintelligent or is he is about to say something else disgusting, which he feels he needs to apologise in advance for?

But it was worth it because he got his own thread on hibs.net.. YAS, Jim Jefferies face

What a bizarre young man.

If he is genuinely sorry for posting what he did - Perhaps when he's cleaned up his muck over getting a thread on hibs.net, he (or indeed their admins) could go to the length of deleting the post. Would be the easiest solution, no?

First Team Breakthrough marti1875's Avatar
    Cheers GG and Cabbageandribs,

I just thought i'd give my tuppence worth from someone who's actually suffering from it, as i say, it's more foot in mouth when people say those sort of things and never really stop to think about what they are saying.
    So, i don't get too annoyed about it all as i said in my earlier post. Maybe it's as my outlook on things have changed quite a bit recently and it's mellowed me ....but not mellowed me that much though as i still detest that lot.....in that extent i will NEVER mellow!

Cheers GG and Cabbageandribs,

I just thought i'd give my tuppence worth from someone who's actually suffering from it, as i say, it's more foot in mouth when people say those sort of things and never really stop to think about what they are saying.
    So, i don't get too annoyed about it all as i said in my earlier post. Maybe it's as my outlook on things have changed quite a bit recently and it's mellowed me ....but not mellowed me that much though as i still detest that lot.....in that extent i will NEVER mellow!
    Good luck to you and