hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Karl Oyston

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Karl Oyston

He's hated by the Blackpool fans to a man, this will hardly help.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29126698

2. Log in to remove the advert

Top of the iceberg if they end up getting Coyle.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Poor Blackpool, oyston is a roaster. They need an experienced man to help steady the ship, now that he is no longer actively involved in the big decisions at Hibs I wonder if RP could be tempted by the bracing seaside air?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Top of the iceberg if they end up getting Coyle.
    He's been approached 4 times according to our mutual friend.

Coyle could be great for them.

Such a shame the way they have fallen from grace. Imagine if they had held onto the lead vs Man United twice in the year they were in the premiership... Scary to think.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Terry Butchers the man

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    Coyle could be great for them.

Such a shame the way they have fallen from grace. Imagine if they had held onto the lead vs Man United twice in the year they were in the premiership... Scary to think.
    I go to Wigan on a fairly regular basis and Coyle was a bit of a disaster. He seemed to have a reputation for playing decent football (probably from Burnley), but it was brutal to watch and I was surprised at how quickly he managed to ruin the team (which Rosler did fix when he came in). He fell out with Whelan in the end, which can happen, but thats no excuse for the way he had the team playing, particularly as he had a reasonable budget and signed some good players. He has a decent reputation so clubs will always be interested, but I dont think hes a good manager.

Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    I go to Wigan on a fairly regular basis and Coyle was a bit of a disaster. He seemed to have a reputation for playing decent football (probably from Burnley), but it was brutal to watch and I was surprised at how quickly he managed to ruin the team (which Rosler did fix when he came in). He fell out with Whelan in the end, which can happen, but thats no excuse for the way he had the team playing, particularly as he had a reasonable budget and signed some good players. He has a decent reputation so clubs will always be interested, but I dont think hes a good manager.
    Gone a wee bit off topic re Oyston but as far as Coyle goes, have a friend who watched Saints when he was up there and he thought he was brutal.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Terry Butchers the man

I think we can all agree that he's a fabulous manager who was just 'misunderstood' at Hibs. Big Scottish community in Blackpool will make Maurice Malpas feel at home, I'm sure Steve Marsella would enjoy the shorter traveling distances to scout English non-League clubs... could be a dream return for the dream team.

C'mon Tel, stick your hat in the ring. A talent like you is wasted in the garden.

Just been to the gym, and getting in my car afterwards i caught the end of a conversation they were having on talksport, i think i heard them saying Butcher had applied for the Leeds job?

Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    And Bolton have only just been able to get rid of the likes of Tyrone Mears, Zat Knight and Chris Eagles who were all put on particularly expensive lengthy contracts by Coyle. Wigan were just lucky to get shut of him before he could make too much of a mess of it.

Really think the misundertood genius of super Terry Butcher is the man for Blackpool.

His forward thinking philosophy on football, keen awareness of motivational techniques and exqusite man management skills surely make him the only candidate?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Really think the misundertood genius of super Terry Butcher is the man for Blackpool.

His forward thinking philosophy on football, keen awareness of motivational techniques and exqusite man management skills surely make him the only candidate?
    Plus i get to put a nail through his tyre every single day of his tenure.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Just been to the gym, and getting in my car afterwards i caught the end of a conversation they were having on talksport, i think i heard them saying Butcher had applied for the Leeds job?

Butcher is the future for either of any of these footballing giants, he is exactly what they need. Which he chooses is down to whether they want Maurice or not. If they want him its Leeds as they have a much shorter name and their fans appreciate a good grunt interspersed with swear words they can recognise.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    No other candidate will get the ball up the park to the strikers faster than Butcher. They would be fools to look anywhere else to be honest

First Team Breakthrough
    He's hated by the Blackpool fans to a man, this will hardly help.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29126698
    Could we do some kind of swap deal - oyston for the tache?

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macd123 View Post
    Could we do some kind of swap deal - oyston for the tache?
    You really really don't want that, Oyston is a clueless clown and is deliberately taking the money and running the club down from my understanding. If he were at Hibs there would have been a riot a long time ago. The Oyston family are an example of 'better the devil you know'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ck-Harris.html

Imagine the uproar if...............

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ck-Harris.html

Imagine the uproar if...............
    Puts things in perspective, does it not? Unless you want to make any allegations that the owner of our club is up to something similar?