hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Petrie Must Go

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good luck, nae problem supporting this in person one the day, and if I can't get up I will arrange a suitable proxy - know a couple of other shareholders who will support on the day too, hope it gets that far.
    i hope he states at the start of the AGM that he will stand down straight away,and i hope you get enough support which im sure you will,i too was carried away by the dream team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Good luck, nae problem supporting this in person one the day, and if I can't get up I will arrange a suitable proxy - know a couple of other shareholders who will support on the day too, hope it gets that far.
    Have never been to an A G M but will make a point of going to this one as I do think Petrie needs to go ,and sitting on the fence for me is no longer an option .He has ridden out many a Storm and a show of hands will not intimidate him ,but by then surely S T F should be willing to enter the Fray and tell us his plans for taking the club forward and succession as if they both hoped The Winds of Change Campaign was going to divert attention from Petrie relegation put paid to that .
    I would never take a principled stand and say I will never go back to watch Hibs as long as he is there as I support my Club ,but I no longer feel his omnipent presence is needed ,and it certainly is not IMO for the benefit of the Club .
    But we can all have opinions and in the end the only one that really matters is Sir Tom Farmers so is he always there at these meetings or does he just attend when Petrie thinks he needs his backing or he is making a speach designed to try and rally the troops and steady the ship .

Over the past fifty years I've put thousands of pounds of my money into the club. Petrie has never put a farthing of his own money into the club. He's helped himself to somewhere around a couple of million in salary, and squandered hundreds of thousands more with his incompetence.

I love Hibs but I'm not married to them. I won't be back until all connections between the club and Petrie have been severed for good.

What role does RP play now, Chairman? Who would takeover from him? Ms Dempster would still report to a Chairman, no?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    What role does RP play now, Chairman? Who would takeover from him? Ms Dempster would still report to a Chairman, no?
    RP is non-executive Chair, ie a member of the Board. It would be up to that Board to elect a new chair.

LD currently reports to the Board, of which she is also a member. That wouldn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    RP is non-executive Chair, ie a member of the Board. It would be up to that Board to elect a new chair.

LD currently reports to the Board, of which she is also a member. That wouldn't change.
    but hopefully it'll be one who knows what he's doing and who will actually take more than a passing interest in OUR football club

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailrodders View Post
    Over the past fifty years I've put thousands of pounds of my money into the club. Petrie has never put a farthing of his own money into the club. He's helped himself to somewhere around a couple of million in salary, and squandered hundreds of thousands more with his incompetence.

I love Hibs but I'm not married to them. I won't be back until all connections between the club and Petrie have been severed for good.
    That's quite a narrow view. He got us East mains, completed the stadium rebuild and has kept us in the black for many years. However, consistent mistakes have been made and opportunities lost due to his MO. I do believe it is his time to go but lets be a little more balanced in our view.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    That's quite a narrow view. He got us East mains, completed the stadium rebuild and has kept us in the black for many years. However, consistent mistakes have been made and opportunities lost due to his MO. I do believe it is his time to go but lets be a little more balanced in our view.
    I think you have neglected to recall HE didn't "get us" anything. The sale of the so called "Golden Generation" got us that, along with our own regular weekly "investment" in our team, generally for an ever-decreasing return on OUR investment.

Let's be clear (IMHO) Petrie and his pals got us nothing and again (IMHO) what he/they choose to invest in was wrong. Wrong thing at the wrong time...

That is why we have the best "infrastructure" in the Championship, with one of the poorest teams in living memory. We bought **** that didn't further our cause. Source: history. Outcome: we got relegated.

Sorry mate, I'm not buying that Petrie and his pals done ANYTHING for us...yes, the stuff you mention was done....at the expense of the team on the field. Now income is down, sales are down and WE are down...wonder if that's part of his 5 year plan???

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    How much debt is the club in. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    I think you have neglected to recall HE didn't "get us" anything. The sale of the so called "Golden Generation" got us that, along with our own regular weekly "investment" in our team, generally for an ever-decreasing return on OUR investment.

Let's be clear (IMHO) Petrie and his pals got us nothing and again (IMHO) what he/they choose to invest in was wrong. Wrong thing at the wrong time...

That is why we have the best "infrastructure" in the Championship, with one of the poorest teams in living memory. We bought **** that didn't further our cause. Source: history. Outcome: we got relegated.

Sorry mate, I'm not buying that Petrie and his pals done ANYTHING for us...yes, the stuff you mention was done....at the expense of the team on the field. Now income is down, sales are down and WE are down...wonder if that's part of his 5 year plan???

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    HE got us East Mains, how exactly did he pay for it? Would we still be training on the dog **** if Rod had not built the training centre, or could someone else have built it?

I despair at times that this man is given so much credit for building something that is just a bloody training ground? If he'd not wasted as much money as he has in other parts of the business, we'd have been able to knock down the bloody castle and build a new ground and training centre there, and still have change.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    HE got us East Mains, how exactly did he pay for it? Would we still be training on the dog **** if Rod had not built the training centre, or could someone else have built it?

I despair at times that this man is given so much credit for building something that is just a bloody training ground? If he'd not wasted as much money as he has in other parts of the business, we'd have been able to knock down the bloody castle and build a new ground and training centre there, and still have change.
    I don't disagree!

Rangers and Celtic at the time in cahoots with the DR, stole them from us however, think Collins and Petrie achieved best price? And again, I don't disagree.

How much debt is the club in?
    I don't know??

I don't disagree!

Rangers and Celtic at the time in cahoots with the DR, stole them from us however, think Collins and Petrie achieved best price? And again, I don't disagree.

I don't know??
    Last I heard it was 7 Million but I don't know whether that's net of any cash assets.

Last I heard it was 7 Million but I don't know whether that's net of any cash assets.
    The accounts are in the vault. They are a year old, your information may be more recent.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The accounts are in the vault. They are a year old, your information may be more recent.
    What was the highest amount of debt Hibs were in and how much has it been reduced by since then. Ta

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar

Good for you

With any luck you are boycotting this forum and not Easter Road.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    I have today written to our Chairman informing him that is my intention to move a motion of no confidence with him and his board and asking him to step down forthwidth. Have given him my full name and address and that of my seconder. As the small fan shareholders have a tiny percentage of the shares so i have no chance of the motion being carried. However, a massive show of hands against Petrie at the AGM will show him what we think of his disasterous chairmanship of our club. If you agree, please attend the AGM and back the motion.When i receive a reply i shall post it on here. Keith
    If he is stepping down forthwidth, you have my suppord.

Blog Entries

So you've spent thousands, and he's been paid millions. Who's the idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Good for you
    I agree, well done him. Just a shame the club and it appears you have taken his and many others loyalty for granted.

When is AGM?

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    I have today written to our Chairman informing him that is my intention to move a motion of no confidence with him and his board and asking him to step down forthwidth. Have given him my full name and address and that of my seconder. As the small fan shareholders have a tiny percentage of the shares so i have no chance of the motion being carried. However, a massive show of hands against Petrie at the AGM will show him what we think of his disasterous chairmanship of our club. If you agree, please attend the AGM and back the motion.When i receive a reply i shall post it on here. Keith
    Good luck. Petrie's resignation would open up a window of opportunity.He is so far removed from the fans that his position is untenable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Servant View Post
    So you've spent thousands, and he's been paid millions. Who's the idiot?
    You, apparently.

1. He didn't 'get us' East Mains or the stadium

2. East Mains has not produced a single player we have been able to sell on in the seven seasons since it opened, nor has it ever produced a winning team.

3. We are not now and never have been in the black.

I agree with your points about consistent mistakes and opportunities lost.

1. He didn't 'get us' East Mains or the stadium

2. East Mains has not produced a single player we have been able to sell on in the seven seasons since it opened, nor has it ever produced a winning team.

3. We are not now and never have been in the black.

I agree with your points about consistent mistakes and opportunities lost.
    Can you define that?

Blog Entries
    You, apparently.
    Yes, and no. Yes I'm an idiot. But not for the reason you think.

Try again. I'm not whingeing about how much I've spent on football, as if I had no choice in the matter. If you have had thousands to spend you are a lucky person.
    Last edited by Phil D. Rolls; 09-09-2014 at 04:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Right now I can't quite remember the name of the Hibs "official" whom was involved in the transfer fees for the golden generation. However I do remember that the same guy was revered by the Hibs support for his hard ball approach to the transfer negotiations. Indeed at the time, it's safe to say that this mystery guy achieved cult status.

Now, what was his name again?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Right now I can't quite remember the name of the Hibs "official" whom was involved in the transfer fees for the golden generation. However I do remember that the same guy was revered by the Hibs support for his hard ball approach to the transfer negotiations. Indeed at the time, it's safe to say that this mystery guy achieved cult status.

Now, what was his name again?

John Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    John Collins.
    Damn you, beat me too it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-O View Post
    Damn you, beat me too it.
    We were getting offers for all the players, that drove their prices up more than any man standing firm waiting for top dollar.