hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petrie Must Go

Left by mutual consent!

Petrie Must Go

I have today written to our Chairman informing him that is my intention to move a motion of no confidence with him and his board and asking him to step down forthwidth. Have given him my full name and address and that of my seconder. As the small fan shareholders have a tiny percentage of the shares so i have no chance of the motion being carried. However, a massive show of hands against Petrie at the AGM will show him what we think of his disasterous chairmanship of our club. If you agree, please attend the AGM and back the motion.When i receive a reply i shall post it on here. Keith

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have today written to our Chairman informing him that is my intention to move a motion of no confidence with him and his board and asking him to step down forthwidth. Have given him my full name and address and that of my seconder. As the small fan shareholders have a tiny percentage of the shares so i have no chance of the motion being carried. However, a massive show of hands against Petrie at the AGM will show him what we think of his disasterous chairmanship of our club. If you agree, please attend the AGM and back the motion.When i receive a reply i shall post it on here. Keith

Good Luck from a fellow Southsider !!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Good luck matey, this protest against him should carry on until *removed* eventually leaves the club for good.

Today we witness another one of his disastrous appointments leave with a pay off presumably, taking more money out whatever budget we have.

That man has cost us untold amount of money, OUR money and still he hovers in the background dividing the whole club with his presence.

Just go Petrie, and give us our club back.
    Last edited by matty_f; 08-09-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    still he hovers
    Wow, hes' invisible and he can hover. He's a rotten football chairman but that induction into The X-Men must be on the cards sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Wow, hes' invisible and he can hover. He's a rotten football chairman but that induction into The X-Men must be on the cards sometime soon.

Somehow i don't think the teflon man will e quaking in his shoes.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    There's no question of RP losing a vote of no confidence, of course. But it's still worth doing in order to maintain the pressure on the club for change.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Perhaps not but it is better than doing nothing and watching him ruin our club.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Perhaps not but it is better than doing nothing and watching him ruin our club.
    Won't make a bit of difference re RP, but intrested who you would want to put money in the club

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Won't make a bit of difference re RP, but intrested who you would want to put money in the club
    Wasn't aware the conduit put money in the club, I am aware he's cost us 100's of thousands with his bad appointments though.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Today we witness another one of his disastrous appointments leave with a pay off presumably, taking more money out whatever budget we have.
    The thing is, if he hadn't recruited Marsella as well as Butcher and Malpas, he would have been criticised for penny pinching.

I remember one poster saying that it had to be all 3 of them or we might as well give up, or words to that effect.

That was a particularly stupid remark, but vitally every Hibs supporter and football commentator, thought we'd played a blinder getting the "dream team".

Marsella's work ethic, driving all night, sleeping in his car etc was held up as examples of how brilliant we'd done in getting him.

If we all agreed with those appointments at the time, it's a bit hypocritical to slag Petrie off now.

The rest of your post I agree with although the motion of no confidence will achieve nothing.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    The only people who really care about the club..... the fans. Once Petrie goes i would gladly put in £200 per month. There must be a few thousand fans who would invest in the club. How about you ?

The only people who really care about the club..... the fans. Once Petrie goes i would gladly put in £200 per month. There must be a few thousand fans who would invest in the club. How about you ?
    This....

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    The thing is, if he hadn't recruited Marsella as well as Butcher and Malpas, he would have been criticised for penny pinching.

I remember one poster saying that it had to be all 3 of them or we might as well give up, or words to that effect.

That was a particularly stupid remark, but vitally every Hibs supporter and football commentator, thought we'd played a blinder getting the "dream team".

Marsella's work ethic, driving all night, sleeping in his car etc was held up as examples of how brilliant we'd done in getting him.

If we all agreed with those appointments at the time, it's a bit hypocritical to slag Petrie off now.

The rest of your post I agree with although the motion of no confidence will achieve nothing.
    Go back if you want Dave, and look at my posts and a few others when Butcher was mooted to be our target. I stated then that his managerial career was shocking, and he'd had about 18 months of very good times with Inverness, and the rest had been sacking after sacking.

I can't speak for anyone else, but i don't get paid to make these types of decisions, Petrie did. He was once again hoodwinked by someone who had achieved very very little in his managerial career, and his appointment was him and his boards appointment.

And once again another dud was appointed and again sacked, HE failed not the fans who may have wanted him.

Fair play to you, Keith as at least you are trying to make your feelings (and those of countless others, going by threads on here) known

Coaching Staff
    QUOTE=Hibbyradge;4161645]The thing is, if he hadn't recruited Marsella as well as Butcher and Malpas, he would have been criticised for penny pinching.

The rest of your post I agree with although the motion of no confidence will achieve nothing.[/QUOTE]

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar

Completely agree with your comments, there would have been an uproar if RP had failed to get all 3

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough John_the_angus_hibby's Avatar

Every word true as I still cringe at how I too generally held this belief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John_the_angus_hibby View Post
    Every word true as I still cringe at how I too generally held this belief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me too. I also cringe at the selective memories of many on here.

Coaching Staff

Lightbulb

I am coming to the opinion that at AGM time RP will announce that he is standing down forthwith.

I think even he has accepted that his position is untenable, given the division caused by his continuing involvement, and will use the AGM as the forum to announce it.

He can't' sack anyone else this AGM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    I am coming to the opinion that at AGM time RP will announce that he is standing down forthwith.

I think even he has accepted that his position is untenable, given the division caused by his continuing involvement, and will use the AGM as the forum to announce it.

Do you think he'll get a round of applause?

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

If he does, Fred (fingers crossed smiley) how many on here, who said they won't return until Petrie has gone, will actually come back I wonder. I suspect some will move on to say they want STF out first and some may say they won't come back until the team is worth watching.

I ask this because initially it was only until RP departed but I suspect some goalposts may be moved
    This is how it feels

First Team Breakthrough
    That was a particularly stupid remark, but vitally every Hibs supporter thought we'd played a blinder getting the "dream team".

/QUOTE]

I know you don't literally mean this. From my perspective I hope not as like many others I never ever wanted this clown at MY club.

First Team Breakthrough
    That was a particularly stupid remark, but vitally every Hibs supporter thought we'd played a blinder getting the "dream team".

/QUOTE]

I know you don't literally mean this. From my perspective I hope not as like many others I never ever wanted this clown at MY club.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearders View Post

/QUOTE]

I meant to say "virtually" every Hibs supporter. I'm not used to my new phone's predictive text yet.

I know not everyone wanted Butcher, but a huge majority welcomed him excitedly.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    If he does, Fred (fingers crossed smiley) how many on here, who said they won't return until Petrie has gone, will actually come back I wonder. I suspect some will move on to say they want STF out first and some may say they won't come back until the team is worth watching.

I ask this because initially it was only until RP departed but I suspect some goalposts may be moved
    JB, you're spot on. All we can do is turn up each and every week doing our bit for the greater good of our Club. Petrie,Farmer, the Cost, the Home strip..........the cost for some I do concede but the others".....?

Well done that man, I don't own shares but would gladly help recapitalise a Hibernian Football Club without him attached formally to the club.
    The owner, Sir Tom, is also inextricably linked with this nadir period of our history. ...if he was a true community minded person, he would pass the club off, "free" of charge for no premium into a special purpose Trust, from which new capital could be raised....the time for bluster is over. Look at the league table and lower your heads in shame Messers Farmer and Petrie. You should redeem your reputations by handing the club to the fans for free. It is the least you could do because of the emotional trauma in the community that has been caused on your watch!
    Last edited by Hibeesforever; 08-09-2014 at 08:17 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Have to say I was delighted when Butcher and Co were appointed, so I would not slag Petrie for making the appointments.
    Things were looking good for the fist seven or eight games then the rot set in and there was obviously a giant rift between management and players.

That's when a football club chairman should step in and knock heads together for the sake of the club.

I've no idea if Petrie tried and failed to bring the sides together or just kept out of it because of previous problems when he entered that territory, but that was a serious failure and he should have at least resigned as club chairman the morning after relegation.

@hibs.net private member
    As I have previously stated on another thread I'm totally in support of this move.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Good luck, nae problem supporting this in person one the day, and if I can't get up I will arrange a suitable proxy - know a couple of other shareholders who will support on the day too, hope it gets that far.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby