hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even when Kenny played I never knew if it was a friendly or not 😄

Under Potter I actually stopped watching them altogether. Seems Stranchan has them moving in the right direction though.

Caught the last 15 over here in a pub and some jake ball woman melted my ear about independence then left on full time. Didn't know if to laugh or cry! She was English btw!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wasnae being serious but, you left the chain there to be tugged!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I wasnae being serious but, you left the chain there to be tugged!
    I know! But thought I'd rant on and tell you about the strange woman in the bar 😄

It's the sun getting to me honest!! 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinnae let her tug your chain! :-)

A lot of positives tonight but unfortunately the 2 teams we're realistically up against for points are already 3 points in front. Nobody was expecting a result in Germany tonight but Ireland winning in Georgia has more of an impact on our group than the result in Dortmund IMO. We're playing catch up already, most people would have disregarded tonight's game against the world champions. My worry is as the group plays out Germany will already have qualified and lesser times will pick up a point there... I know it sounds harsh but same old same old for me.. Plucky Scotland but we didn't take our chances tonight

Someone has edited the ref's Wiki page:

"He officiated in the Euro 2016 qualifier Germany v Scotland on 7 September 2014. He sent off one Scotland player for a second yellow card but failed to take appropriate action when Muller grabbed an opponent around the neck and also judged a tackle on Naismith to be only worthy of a yellow card when he was through on goal. Needs to brush up on the laws of the game. Utter whalloper."

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Thought Scotland were excellent and very unlucky not to get anything out of that game. Ref had an absolute stinker! I think youse will be fine and are certainly in good hands under wGS.

First Team Breakthrough Green Cabbage 7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stax View Post
    A lot of positives tonight but unfortunately the 2 teams we're realistically up against for points are already 3 points in front. Nobody was expecting a result in Germany tonight but Ireland winning in Georgia has more of an impact on our group than the result in Dortmund IMO. We're playing catch up already, most people would have disregarded tonight's game against the world champions. My worry is as the group plays out Germany will already have qualified and lesser times will pick up a point there... I know it sounds harsh but same old same old for me.. Plucky Scotland but we didn't take our chances tonight
    There is one difference for me, we looked like we knew what we were doing, it wasn't just up and at them stuff, we played well and excuted the tactics well, finishing and poor refereeing cost us, the wrong team went a man down, I think Germany would have crumbled had that happened, they already were looking dodgy at the back!

Do you think he was wasting time?
    Nope I'm pretty certain it was frustration but it's still a very stupid loss of self control.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I think we could just be doing with something a bit better at centre half. Only area of the team I think we really lack now. Ref didn't do us any favours but a wee bit frustrating to lose to two crosses in to the box. Moved forward a hell of a lot under Strachan though.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I think we could just be doing with something a bit better at centre half. Only area of the team I think we really lack now. Ref didn't do us any favours but a wee bit frustrating to lose to two crosses in to the box. Moved forward a hell of a lot under Strachan though.
    Strachan's done a spectacular job considering what he had to deal with

Me too, yet he remains in the Champ, Get the cheque book out in Jan Big Sam!
    He isnt 6 foot 5 lump of useless *******. Fat Sam wouldn't go near him.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cabbage 7 View Post
    There is one difference for me, we looked like we knew what we were doing, it wasn't just up and at them stuff, we played well and excuted the tactics well, finishing and poor refereeing cost us, the wrong team went a man down, I think Germany would have crumbled had that happened, they already were looking dodgy at the back!
    You think the World Champions would have "crumbled" - seriously? Can't see it myself ...
    While Scotland certainly played a decent game, think you also forgot to mention the poor Scottish defending that allowed the two goals to be scored (albeit it the 2nd may well have been disallowed for Howedes' foul I suppose). It wasn't as if Germany didn't have any good chances, the finishing was also "slightly" off I would say.
    Germany's championship winning team wasn't all there yesterday evening either: in many ways this is a "newish" squad/team, still problems at the back as you mentioned.

Think the Scottish team gave a good account of itself, but the result was never really in doubt for me - good Scottish performance, gave the Germans a really tough game: but the 3 points stayed here - as usual.

The question - as ever - will be how well Scotland play against the "lesser "teams - losing to Germany is not the problem, most teams in the group will.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Ref had an absolute shocker. The Germans should already have been down to ten men before they even scored and finished the game with only 9. Gutted I wasn't there though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    Ref had an absolute shocker. The Germans should already have been down to ten men before they even scored and finished the game with only 9. Gutted I wasn't there though.
    And how did Müller stay on the park when he pulled back the Scotland player by putting two hands round his neck. I'm not sure that you'd get away with that in rugby !

Mulgrew is poor, we must have better than that.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Mulgrew is poor, we must have better than that.
    You're right, think he can play left back or centre half at international level, but not midfield. Think we also need to unearth 2 quality centre backs from somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You're right, think he can play left back or centre half at international level, but not midfield. Think we also need to unearth 2 quality centre backs from somewhere
    Paul hanlon and one other then...

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Paul hanlon and one other then...
    Maybe the dream team of Hanlon and Toshney?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    You think the World Champions would have "crumbled" - seriously? Can't see it myself ...
    While Scotland certainly played a decent game, think you also forgot to mention the poor Scottish defending that allowed the two goals to be scored (albeit it the 2nd may well have been disallowed for Howedes' foul I suppose). It wasn't as if Germany didn't have any good chances, the finishing was also "slightly" off I would say.
    Germany's championship winning team wasn't all there yesterday evening either: in many ways this is a "newish" squad/team, still problems at the back as you mentioned.

Think the Scottish team gave a good account of itself, but the result was never really in doubt for me - good Scottish performance, gave the Germans a really tough game: but the 3 points stayed here - as usual.

The question - as ever - will be how well Scotland play against the "lesser "teams - losing to Germany is not the problem, most teams in the group will.
    You lot really miss Phillip Lahm, out of all the players out or retired I think he is easily the biggest loss.

We're better than Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    You lot really miss Phillip Lahm, out of all the players out or retired I think he is easily the biggest loss.
    Fair point, there were a few missing last night, plus the retirees - no doubt about it though, people like Lahm are really not easy to replace ... as long as Germany has a Müller it doesn't really matter though ...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Fair point, there were a few missing last night, plus the retirees - no doubt about it though, people like Lahm are really not easy to replace ... as long as Germany has a Müller it doesn't really matter though ...
    He's ridiculous, unassuming, doesnt look like an athlete, doesn't look like a world class footballer, doesn't have any of the pizaz other players do but he is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Someone has edited the ref's Wiki page:

"He officiated in the Euro 2016 qualifier Germany v Scotland on 7 September 2014. He sent off one Scotland player for a second yellow card but failed to take appropriate action when Muller grabbed an opponent around the neck and also judged a tackle on Naismith to be only worthy of a yellow card when he was through on goal. Needs to brush up on the laws of the game. Utter whalloper."
    Can someone describe this incident in a bit more detail for me please? I can't recall it at all (wondering if I was having a pish or something at the time).. is this where Muller was booked? Or should this have been a second booking?

I know the foul on Naismith could well have been a Red but was confused when seen and heard Muller's name linked with another possible red card offence.. no mention on the poor BBC report either.

cheers

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Can someone describe this incident in a bit more detail for me please? I can't recall it at all (wondering if I was having a pish or something at the time).. is this where Muller was booked? Or should this have been a second booking?

I know the foul on Naismith could well have been a Red but was confused when seen and heard Muller's name linked with another possible red card offence.. no mention on the poor BBC report either.

cheers
    Good image here http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/07/1410128221832_wps_50_image001_png.jpg

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

cheers
    Scotland were on the break and muller just pulled Naismith down.

It was only a yellow but what was a joke is that Boateng horsed the ball away and wasn't booked, despite Mulgrew being booked for it a minute before.

8:25 into this... ( E…: http://youtu.be/PpAKuQ44Lh4

@hibs.net private member AndyB_70's Avatar
    Mountcastle (don't tell anyone I've left Leith)
    Sitting on the train heading to Schipol still gutted we didn't get at least a draw.
    Fantastic atmosphere and when we scored It was #$&€%》mental.
    Just need that level of performance against the other teams now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post

You had your chance but somebody else got your ticket. ;-)

First Chance to comment on the game:

I thoroughly enjoyed being there last night. Atmosphere was great and we (the Scots Fans in our corner) were appluaded out of the Stadium by German Fans.

The General feeling among the Germans I spoke to was of admiration for Scotland and embarassment about the Referee. I thought Scotland, once they got past their initial nervousness, were immense.

Well done Wee Gordon!!

Cheers for the replies guys

Bloody unbelievable.

If we'd won that it would have been one of the best.
    Thousands on the way to stadium signing Erasure- Respect.

I'm so in love with you
    I'll be forever blue
    That you give no reason
    Why u make me work so hard

That you give me no
    That you give me no
    That you give me no
    That you give me no soul!!!!!!!

Oh baby please give a little respect to meeeeeeeeeeeee

Most random and little bit gay chant ever haha.

We're gonna qualify this time, surely :)

Photo from the South West Corner of the stadium, about half an hour or so before the game.

ViewFromSouthWestCorner.jpg

Yes Poster in front of Dormund Hauptbahnhof (wisnae me..)

YesPosterInDormund.jpg
    Last edited by Keith_M; 10-09-2014 at 10:48 AM.