hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Leeann would do a great job under owners who actually cared for our club. A winning team makes fans easy to deal with.

She's still working for farmer and Rod whether folk like it or not. I hope if we do sell she keeps her job and is able to speak more freely.
    She has to ask for a budget and who, I wonder, approves it? Is it just the money side that she has to run past 'someone'?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    She has to ask for a budget and who, I wonder, approves it? Is it just the money side that she has to run past 'someone'?
    Petrie and Farmer approves everything. Petrie is still heavily involved in transfers as well.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Petrie and Farmer approves everything. Petrie is still heavily involved in transfers as well.
    How do you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    The budget will have to be voted on by the board, same as any other proposal I would think.

If the board is tied then Rod has the casting vote.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    If you take the Farid/Dom thing then its more than likely the budget was reassessed when it became clear how serious the injury was. In that respect I suppose the 'final' budget wasn't known till then.

I also suspect our bad start to the season has exposed holes in the squad which may be why we're seemingly still looking at players, again that wouldn't be clear till after the season started.
    If Hibs genuinely thought the squad was strong enough to win this Division then that just strengthens the case for the prosecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Servant View Post
    How do you know that?
    Don't worry you will soon know it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ooooh do we have a whistleblower?

Blog Entries

Are you ITK?

Are you ITK?
    He is. The Griffiths deal is done.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    Did she actually say that the club had knocked back her proposals several times? If so did anyone ask why?
    On Monday she said that she and Jamie (Marwick) worked in the budget and presented it to the board and were sent away to amend it. They did this and presented a second draft which was also rejected. They presented their 3rd effort 4 days before the meeting and it was signed off then.
    She said this in the middle of her opening statement and none of is interrupted her to ask about this. When she finished several hands went up but none of those chosen asked about the lateness if the budget sign off.
    Personally I left the meeting neither more or less confident about our future.
    Bruce Langham was also there. He has held high positions on the board of Fulham and Aston villa and any time I have met him I have found him to be knowledgeable and approachable.
    He is not paid and said he questioned his own position after relegation but decided he has things to offer. He got angry at the suggestion that the board don't care and said being a hibs director was not an enjoyable thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    He is. The Griffiths deal is done.
    It was until Celtic pulled the plug. Have sly digs all you like pal, doesn't bother me. Who broke the Liam Fontaine story on here??

Anyway I've never said I'm ITK, I pass info that I get.

Are you ITK?
    Can you define what makes someone ITK?

It was until Celtic pulled the plug. Have sly digs all you like pal, doesn't bother me. Who broke the Liam Fontaine story on here??

Anyway I've never said I'm ITK, I pass info that I get.

What's the newest info? Or too early to tell?

I don't know Jamie or what his username is on here but it doesn't take any great powers of detection to work out that his blog is written from his own perspective and that he is disenchanted with the way his club is run. I don't see many facts, just his interpretation of what was said. I'm guessing that if someone wrote a blog, highlighting the positives from the meetings, the DR wouldn't want to know because it wouldn't 'sell' papers
    This is how it feels

Blog Entries
    Can you define what makes someone ITK?

Id have thought it was somebody who has sources very close to the club. It's a good way of deciding whether to take what someone reports seriously, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    That should HAVE at least proofread before putting to print
    You should've followed your own advice. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Deary me.

That's just the way it is now though - there'll be folk reading your post that of no idea what you're on about.
    Fixed that for you!

@hibs.net private member
    Wonder when the press will ever write a positive story about Hibs.

I agree that the most important thing is the team on the park but there are many good things happening which never get reported. FFS Hearts paint stairs and it is presented as good news. The Scotman, that wnak Bathgate to be precise wrote a story this week celebrating 10 years since Vlad walked in the door and highlighted it as overall a success.

Once we start winning games things might change but even when Hearts are losing games they are brave young boys etc. Hate the press.

BTW parts of the bonus can be agreed with other bits sorted in the overall budget. Maybe the budget was altered to accommodate Leigh and then reduced back down once it was apparent he wasn't coming?

This guy should have had the decency to make himself known and maybe clarify the budget question with Leeann at the end of the meeting rather than make assumptions.

Have sly digs all you like pal, doesn't bother me.
    If that really is the case TC, you should probably stop replying to digs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I don't know Jamie or what his username is on here but it doesn't take any great powers of detection to work out that his blog is written from his own perspective and that he is disenchanted with the way his club is run. I don't see many facts, just his interpretation of what was said. I'm guessing that if someone wrote a blog, highlighting the positives from the meetings, the DR wouldn't want to know because it wouldn't 'sell' papers

Or 'papers'

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Assuming there's only one that goes by that name then I know him.
    Does post on here but not going to say who it is as he's got the right to keep it private the same as everyone else.
    That's a fair comment. I didn't mean that he should be identified - I was just wondering.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    On Monday she said that she and Jamie (Marwick) worked in the budget and presented it to the board and were sent away to amend it. They did this and presented a second draft which was also rejected. They presented their 3rd effort 4 days before the meeting and it was signed off then.
    She said this in the middle of her opening statement and none of is interrupted her to ask about this. When she finished several hands went up but none of those chosen asked about the lateness if the budget sign off.
    Personally I left the meeting neither more or less confident about our future.
    Bruce Langham was also there. He has held high positions on the board of Fulham and Aston villa and any time I have met him I have found him to be knowledgeable and approachable.
    He is not paid and said he questioned his own position after relegation but decided he has things to offer. He got angry at the suggestion that the board don't care and said being a hibs director was not an enjoyable thing to do.
    Interesting that no one asked the question then. I see no problem with the record piece picking that point up, as IMO, in needs answered. It seems the question needed to be asked whether having to present 4 budgets to the board before signed office taking them days away from the window effected their efforts to sign players and if it didn't, how it didn't.

Perhaps he should have written a less negative piece but there are definately questions in there that should have been asked. Could it be, that people want to see the positives in everything and fail to see the negatives in the same way that the media see only the negatives?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    Bruce Langham ... said being a hibs director was not an enjoyable thing to do.
    Oh dear! That's not good to hear.

How do you know that?
    Its a Hibs.net fact don't ya know

Id have thought it was somebody who has sources very close to the club. It's a good way of deciding whether to take what someone reports seriously, or not.
    If it's to have contacts at the club I do. If it's to know agents who have couple of players on the books at Hibs then I do.

The info given to me by agent was Petrie oversaw everything before giving it the go ahead. As I said it's all going to come out soon enough. If people don't want to believe it then I've no problem with that.

When it does come out though I feel the people who have been taken in by this whole "wind of change" will be sadly disappointed. Management has changed been a slight reshuffle but when major decisions are made on players it's Farmer and Petrie who give the final day not Leeann.

@hibs.net private member
    As I said it's all going to come out soon enough. If people don't want to believe it then I've no problem with that.
    When it does come out though I feel the people who have been taken in by this whole "wind of change" will be sadly disappointed.
    That sounds as if more bad news is coming.

Is it not the case that every clubs owner, or backer has the final say? If they're putting up the funds, I'd think they would definitely want a say in matters. LD said on Tuesday that there was a footballing budget which incorporated the players budget. If this is the case, what budget was only sanctioned at a later date? Was the injury to Farid the cause of the budget being increased? He doesn't answer his own question, but leaves the negative content hanging like a bad smell. No proof, only supposition, typical Daily ******.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    That sounds as if more bad news is coming.
    It's nothing major, just that things haven't really changed mate. But hopefully will soon. :)

If it's to have contacts at the club I do. If it's to know agents who have couple of players on the books at Hibs then I do.

The info given to me by agent was Petrie oversaw everything before giving it the go ahead. As I said it's all going to come out soon enough. If people don't want to believe it then I've no problem with that.

When it does come out though I feel the people who have been taken in by this whole "wind of change" will be sadly disappointed. Management has changed been a slight reshuffle but when major decisions are made on players it's Farmer and Petrie who give the final day not Leeann.
    I for one appreciate your post. Before this I had actually got really sick of all this 'in the know' stuff that gets churned out regularly, I've never believed it and at least half the time the information is absolute nonsense which just builds up expectations and a few days later is shown up for what it is. Half the time I've often suspected Hearts fans with a twisted sense of humour creating an account on here and doing stuff like that. But you've been very straight about this, and I have no doubt whatsoever that you're correct. I quite believe that Petrie is still overseeing matters whatever people think. I would still ask though, when our top priority is meant to be promotion this season, why did Leeann Dempster bring in all these backroom staff at this stage, when we have a reduced budget as it is? Surely that was her​ choice, not anybody elses?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The budget will have to be voted on by the board, same as any other proposal I would think.

If the board is tied then Rod has the casting vote.
    Rod can't knock something back on his own.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net