hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She certainly did not say it was a players budget, but I took it to be an overall budget that would include everything.
    Calling it a budget is probably wrong as we are not trying to balance the books this year so I presume she was asking the board to agree on an amount that they were happy to exceed our income by.
    Either way it would have been difficult for her to offer contracts should she not know how much she can spend.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Drama queen is it!!
    You don't think it's ridiculous that our manager
    Gets to know his player budget 4 days before the
    transfer window closes?
    How can he identify targets if he doesn't know if he can afford them?
    Only a Yam wouldn't find it ridiculous!!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    If the board members were to leave, would Dempster have to go?

Regardless, I think she's capable of doing a very good job.
    Me too!!

Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    I notice that poll at the end asks "Are you happy with your club's transfer deadline day signings?" and that one of the answers is "Good, but we could of done better". That's amateur stuff
    That should HAVE at least proofread before putting to print

I'm not entirely convince by Jamie's interpretation of this. If it had been said as clearly as is being suggested then someone else who attended the meeting would have raised it on here on Monday night, but no-one did.

It's FACT now though

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Jamie does post here so I'll be interested to see if he replies here to defend his blog.

From what I understand, he hasn't actually attended a game this season however. He's in the "I'm no goin back til Petrie's gone" camp.

Not sure the budget point is that startling personally.
    So in other words...not really helping the club to improve said budget in other words?? Also kind of ridicules his girlfriend and hibs comment as he has already dumped Hibs by sounds of it...

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    That should HAVE at least proofread before putting to print
    6% actually thought we did well in the transfer window!
    Lots of fingers slipping on screens me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by jax67 View Post
    Drama queen is it!!
    transfer window closes?
    Well another way to interpret the comment is that Stubbs was advised at the outset of a £1.5m budget, for example.

We manage to move some players on, get some additional revenue from sponsorship or something and Dempster proposes the budget increases to £1.75m. Board signs off late in August. Whats the problem?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Drama queen is it!!
    transfer window closes?

6% actually thought we did well in the transfer window!
    Lots of fingers slipping on screens me thinks.
    Whoosh!

@hibs.net private member
    Well another way to interpret the comment is that Stubbs was advised at the outset of a £1.5m budget, for example.

We manage to move some players on, get some additional revenue from sponsorship or something and Dempster proposes the budget increases to £1.75m. Board signs off late in August. Whats the problem?
    The problems is, it's not clear, open to interpretation. When the board are trying to get fans onside they don't want things like this where fans are again questioning them. This could all be quickly cleared up by the club, they just need to make a statement as to what the comments actually meant.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Drama queen is it!!
    transfer window closes?
    Drama queen it is, even more so now. :-). First of all, the only person saying it was the player budget is the guy in the Daily ******. That covers all your points apart from the last. That does not even deserve a reply, unless of course you are one?

@hibs.net private member
    Did she actually say that the club had knocked back her proposals several times? If so did anyone ask why?

Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    The problems is, it's not clear, open to interpretation. When the board are trying to get fans onside they don't want things like this where fans are again questioning them. This could all be quickly cleared up by the club, they just need to make a statement as to what the comments actually meant.
    I was under the impression the meetings were being recorded and a summary will be communicated.

I wouldn't agree if you're suggesting Hibs respond to claims made by a blogger in the Record though. Where does it end?

If you can interpret what she said in 2 different ways by 2 different groups, each group with no hard evidence as to which is correct then it does create a concern that maybe they didn't explain things fully as they should and make it clear. This is where, IMO, the club should come out and explain things regarding the article. Silence will only lead to more questions and concerns.

You mention the vast majority came out feeling more positive than they went it. Given that the people tha attended were a very small % of the actual hibs support, if they could convince them it filters through the whole support as the knew it would be shared on these forums.

This is where a transcript or video of the Q&A would have helped and let the support decide themselves.
    People will often interpret statements in the way that suits their preconceived views, or the way that suits the article they want to write - you only have to look at the way the simplest of statements is analysed to death on here. However, when you talk about groups, as far as I can see one of those groups that attended the meetings consists of one Daily Record writer and no-one else that posts on here apart from one strange person who barged in half way through and left a few minutes later.

I agree that some overview of the meetings on the club website together with follow up comments would be useful but I think responding to every article and event would not be a productive use of the CEO or anyone else's time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    People will often interpret statements in the way that suits their preconceived views, or the way that suits the article they want to write - you only have to look at the way the simplest of statements is analysed to death on here. However, when you talk about groups, as far as I can see one of those groups that attended the meetings consists of one Daily Record writer and no-one else that posts on here apart from one strange person who barged in half way through and left a few minutes later.

I agree that some overview of the meetings on the club website together with follow up comments would be useful but I think responding to every article and event would not be a productive use of the CEO or anyone else's time.

He actually said that the board knocked back her proposals several times. Did she actually say that or is he lying? If she did say that, surely a folow up question around what was knocked back and the outcome? Did the budget go up or down, if I am honest, if the budget went up I think she would have been shouting about it. 'The board knocked back my proposals and made more funds available' sounds a lot better than ' the board knocked back my proposals on several occasions' You have to consider the immediate situation as well, a shocking TDD had just occurred, if anything you need to be crystal clear on, it's player budgets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I'm not entirely convince by Jamie's interpretation of this. If it had been said as clearly as is being suggested then someone else who attended the meeting would have raised it on here on Monday night, but no-one did.

It's FACT now though
    Not just FACT but END HAVE too!
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member
    I was under the impression the meetings were being recorded and a summary will be communicated.

I wouldn't agree if you're suggesting Hibs respond to claims made by a blogger in the Record though. Where does it end?
    It won't end, that's the point. The fans will continue to question things and the papers will continue to sew seeds of doubt. The board need to earn the trust of the fans, in the short term at least when they are trying to do it they should be doing everything to stop fans concerns.

if I was LD and I read the paper and what he is saying is completely false I would be raging and would want to set the 'record' straight!

Redirecting money from other Budgets to Player Pool Budget

I remember one of her first comments when she took over was that she would be looking to see what Budgets could be cut so that that money could be redirected to Player Transfer Budget . This was in context of pushing for Promotion to get back up at first time of asking. I would imagine that talkes time and has to eventually be rubber stamped by Board .So maybe she ruffled a few feathers and met resistance along the way with some of her suggestions .
    Also the Backroom changes have taken time and we don't know what changes were in pipeline before she came and what further changes she may have pushed for and got but at a price .
    Season tickets seemed to be static for a period then we shifted more than us supporters thought we would .So would assume some suggestions did have to get discussed and agreed and others knocked back but she maybe persisted or had to compromise and go away and come back with new proposal .
    Who knows ,but I think we are seeing she is driven and won't be afraid to push for what she wants .so this date might have been final budget getting agreed ,but along the way there would have been indicative budgets that were being worked to .
    But I am sure she would off gone through the roof when she saw Rodders contracts and amounts we have been and are still paying out ( did she mention Gardening Leave ) Thats why I am confident she is now in charge of contract negotiation and this will in itself save us money in long term
    I just wish she had been brought in a year ago and I honestly don't think we would be in the mess we are in .
    But she is only one person trying to change things ,and she will know herself now how the Conduit works to S T F ,that's why it's important she confirmed she can go direct to S T F as if she wasn't able to do that I would be more concerned .
    I also think she will have been surprised at things she has found and I think she will be shaking up the Boardroom ,it's one big task she has taken on ,at probably the worst time .its really early days so think we need to back her .
    Whether she can influence S T F in terms of future sale of club and what direction that goes in is another issue altogether .
    Last edited by Ronniekirk; 06-09-2014 at 09:09 AM.

He actually said that the board knocked back her proposals several times. Did she actually say that or is he lying? If she did say that, surely a folow up question around what was knocked back and the outcome? Did the budget go up or down, if I am honest, if the budget went up I think she would have been shouting about it. 'The board knocked back my proposals and made more funds available' sounds a lot better than ' the board knocked back my proposals on several occasions' You have to consider the immediate situation as well, a shocking TDD had just occurred, if anything you need to be crystal clear on, it's player budgets.
    Other posts on this thread suggest that he's lying about it being the playing budget, while I don't think the matter is even mentioned in the other threads about the meetings, which in other respects contain fairly comprehensive and impartial details about what was said. That suggests to me that few attendees aside from Jamie were as alarmed about the matter as he claims to be.

Budget

Problem is still the same, 4 days before the transfer window closes is ridiculous. Most other clubs have almost finished doing their business and some of our targets could have gone elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Not just FACT but END HAVE too!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT_WasTheBest View Post
    I was there on Monday and she did not say it was playing budgets that were only agreed a few days before. She only said budgets. I didn't take this to mean playing budgets and I guess others didn't either, otherwise there was plenty time to question this further.

The blogger is trying to add colour to the comment to make it controversial, IMHO.
    Did anyone question the "budget" or was it clearly not playing budget?

I think Leeann would do a great job under owners who actually cared for our club. A winning team makes fans easy to deal with.

She's still working for farmer and Rod whether folk like it or not. I hope if we do sell she keeps her job and is able to speak more freely.

She never mentioned any of this at the Tuesday meeting, how was it the budget was agreed after we had signed players ?.

Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Drama queen it is, even more so now. :-). First of all, the only person saying it was the player budget is the guy in the Daily ******. That covers all your points apart from the last. That does not even deserve a reply, unless of course you are one?
    Ridiculous!!

Ridiculous!!
    Ooh you seem angry.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Ridiculous!!
    What is ridiculous??

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Are coaches, Physio's, kit man and the likes lumped in with the 'playing budget'?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Ridiculous!!
    Good point, well made.

I'm convinced.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

If more money did become available late in the window (increasing the budget) you'd think LD would have just said that. She's a smart operator and would not have left it open to interpretation. Sounds more like LD was exasperated by the process ?