hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    @hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    This is tremendously tedious - any chance of moving most of the recent posts to a 'Nailrodders vents his spleen' thread?
    It would do what it says on the tin & we could get back to reading something more constructive.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you considered the possibility that if you stopped replying to people in a condescending manner as if they were idiots, you might find people stop treating you like one?
    CWG understands accounts, finance, and corporate structures. I know that he does.

He knew perfectly well that I was referring to Petrie's 10% share in HFC Holdings Ltd. That being the case, what on earth was the point of this post:
    He doesn't have any shareholding in Hibs AFAIK.
    He could just as easily have made the actual substantive point he wanted to make, which was that Petrie might struggle to sell his shareholding.

So instead of badgering me about my shortcomings, why don't you ask CWG what the point of his post was? I would be interested to see what his answer is.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailrodders View Post
    CWG understands accounts, finance, and corporate structures. I know that he does.

He knew perfectly well that I was referring to Petrie's 10% share in HFC Holdings Ltd. That being the case, what on earth was the point of this post:

He could just as easily have made the actual substantive point he wanted to make, which was that Petrie might struggle to sell his shareholding.

So instead of badgering me about my shortcomings, why don't you ask CWG what the point of his post was? I would be interested to see what his answer is.
    I think the answer is in the first point I made, which is basically if you start showing others some respect, you might just find that they afford you the same courtesy. In which case, CWG probably wouldn't have felt the need to correct you.

Of course, I can't speak for CWG, so as a result I should point out that the above is just speculation on my part, and further removes my ability to answer on CWG's behalf as to what the point of his post was (other than to correct your initial mistake, which I'm sure you'll be annoyed with yourself about given it was an assumption that others would know what you meant - something you criticised Hibs for with their choice of wording over Butcher being relieved of his duties.)
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Of course, I can't speak for CWG, so as a result I should point out that the above is just speculation on my part, and further removes my ability to answer on CWG's behalf as to what the point of his post was (other than to correct your initial mistake, which I'm sure you'll be annoyed with yourself about given it was an assumption that others would know what you meant - something you criticised Hibs for with their choice of wording over Butcher being relieved of his duties.)
    Kinda just what I was going to say, but better.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

The point of my post was to remind you (and others) of the truth about RP's shareholding.

"He knew perfectly well that I was referring to Petrie's 10% share in HFC Holdings Ltd" How would I? I'm an accountant, not a mindreader. I have no idea that, when you posted one thing, you actually meant another. I tend not to make assumptions about people I don't know, and tend to take them (and their statements) at face value, until proven otherwise. Which, to be fair, is part of the argument over the past few pages, is it not?

Why should I know or care? It's not my job to protect The Great Helmsman from the consequences of his own incompetence. If he couldn't find a buyer he could have returned the shares to STF, who gave them to him in the first place, to be gifted to his successor as Chairman. And he could have paid the whole of Butcher's severance out of his own pocket.
    Wasn't it you who said what RP should have done? I was merely pointing out the irrationality in your argument.

And the great Helmsman is Mr Sulu, oh my!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Out of interest, does anybody know just how much or even roughly we are paying for Butcher, Malpas and Marsella?

Not to be nosey and know their exact wage, a combined figure for all 3 is fine. Purely just want to know to see just how much it may have affected transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    Out of interest, does anybody know just how much or even roughly we are paying for Butcher, Malpas and Marsella?

Not to be nosey and know their exact wage, a combined figure for all 3 is fine. Purely just want to know to see just how much it may have affected transfers.
    I thought Marsella was still doing scouting for the club?

Oh wait he's gone: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4788

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    I thought Marsella was still doing scouting for the club?

Oh wait he's gone: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4788
    I actually thought the same but then somebody said he had actually left a while ago, then just saw this on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    This is tremendously tedious - any chance of moving most of the recent posts to a 'Nailrodders vents his spleen' thread?
    It would do what it says on the tin & we could get back to reading something more constructive.

Spoil sport... I wanted him to say "The Great Helmsman" one more time!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    Gie him a break. He was sacked from Cruiky's foundry in Denny. First person I have ever heard of managing this. 😋

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Gie him a break. He was sacked from Cruiky's foundry in Denny. First person I have ever heard of managing this. 
    Ultimately everybody was sacked from Cruiky's in Denny.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post

I recall one of the ITK guys suggesting he knew the figure, although he wouldn't give it. He said it would make our eyes water.

My guess is that if you add up compensation to ICT, golden handshakes, salaries already paid, possible comp to Marsella (presumably the lowest-paid of the three), and payments remaining due to Butcher and Malpas, we'd see no change out of half a million.

What a coup for The Great Helmsman, after all his other successes.

I recall one of the ITK guys suggesting he knew the figure, although he wouldn't give it. He said it would make our eyes water.

My guess is that if you add up compensation to ICT, golden handshakes, salaries already paid, possible comp to Marsella (presumably the lowest-paid of the three), and payments remaining due to Butcher and Malpas, we'd see no change out of half a million.

What a coup for The Great Helmsman, after all his other successes.
    I do think The Great Helmsman is a lovely term of endearment and you secretly have a penchant for fiscally prudent men with moustaches....only saying!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Ultimately everybody was sacked from Cruiky's in Denny.
    Wee bit difference in being sacked and the foundry closing down mate. Nice Sainsburys and Iceland there now.

@hibs.net private member
    Are we finished recruiting now or have we hit the bottom of the bargain basement?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Are we finished recruiting now or have we hit the bottom of the bargain basement?
    Papers still saying Stubbs is still weighing up whether to offer a contract to Toshney so clearly there is budget for one more .