hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    [QUOTE=Harpandcastle;4157797]
    Quote Originally Posted by WestStandMoaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She was clear that she thinks she has the plan to take Hibs forward but wanted to hear supporters views before saying what it was.
    "I ken the answer, i just want to check if you ken it."

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    So Hibs is more valuable because you could sell ER for housing development?

Er, no you can't, because that would finish the club for good. Fans really would walk away and not come back.

As for EM, yes possibly the land around it might get designated as suitable for housing sometime in the future, but I don't think this is imminent is it? And therefore the value of the land now is not that high. Supermarkets used to speculate on this kind of land and then sit on it, but not anymore.
    East Lothian has earmarked a large area between Longniddry, Port Seton and Tranent for a massive housing development. I don't know how that impacts on EM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    So Hibs is more valuable because you could sell ER for housing development?

Er, no you can't, because that would finish the club for good. Fans really would walk away and not come back.

As for EM, yes possibly the land around it might get designated as suitable for housing sometime in the future, but I don't think this is imminent is it? And therefore the value of the land now is not that high. Supermarkets used to speculate on this kind of land and then sit on it, but not anymore.
    Who is to say that wouldn't happen in the future. Fans have been asked in the past about Straiton, if we had said yeas ER would have been sold. Offers to sell ER and Tynie with ground sharing elsewhere has been mooted and thus far have been thwarted. That's not to say that it will never happen. If you owned ER and EM, how much would you sell it for, if someone offered to buy the football club too.

@hibs.net private member JoeT_WasTheBest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    There are differences though between them and us such as what assets do they have compared with us (in particular stripped assets). The council wouldn't allow their stadium to be sold from under them and that is all they have (not that's worth much). On the other hand with the flats being put up beside ER, ER would be worth a few bob as will EM when ELC give planning permission and parts are sold to builders. That's why STF and RP won't sell up for a poultry sum. Anyone who can buy them out would then need cash to get the club going upwards, in other words they'd need money to throw away. Maybe if we get ahibby who wins the Euro Lottery 100 million plus and don't mind throwing it away on Hibs seeing it disappear in a few years then we'll be in with a shout.
    I think they are chicken

Blog Entries
    Bull***. Take a bus to Newcraighall and you will see the surrounding what was green belt is now being developed for housing. You talk as though situations stand still, well they don't Hibs are looking to a long term not short term future. You haven't responded to my comparisons between Hibs and Hearts assets which was what my original post was about. Why is that? I take it you believe that Hearts have more assets than Hibs then, that's a joke. Don't compare them because when it comes to assets Hibs are way ahead and that is what my original post was about. Greenbelts are only greenbelts until they are not. Newcraighall being the most recent example of how a council can change that when they decide to.
    You don't understand what the green belt is do you? East Mains is outsude the Green Belt. That's why I'm not responding to any of your points, you aren't a credible witness. I'm questioning your ability to speak on the subject, and it seems to be lacking.

You are probably right about Hibs assets, but you then went on to make claims you can't back up with facts. When challenged on that you turn around and use words like bull****, and tosh. If that's the best you can do, then you should stop posting before you really make yourself sound silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Servant View Post
    East Lothian has earmarked a large area between Longniddry, Port Seton and Tranent for a massive housing development. I don't know how that impacts on EM.
    It's not a matter of if it's a matter of when. How would we stop a new buyer from asset stripping when the assets for building purposes could well be worth over £20million. I wouldn't even consider £3.5 million if I was either STF or RP unless the property can be separated from the club to safeguard the club's interest, and my own. I am sure that STF and RP will look after the club when we can sell spare land around EM for development, I don't know when that will be but it will be. I also wonder whether in the future when artificial surfaces become the normal whether a club would need a training centre. In theory they could use the artificial surface and the maintainance of that would be much cheaper than the maintainance of something like EM. There's lot's of things to consider, but Hibs potential assets are worth a lot more than £3.5 millions, no matter how we look at it.

I like her, am fully behind what she's trying to do and I wish her every success.

I must admit I really don't fancy what she's taken on though, talk about a poisoned chalice. Look at what we've done to managers over the years, players who have excelled elsewhere then been hopeless with us or hopeless with us then gone on to do better elsewhere.

We are a hard bunch to please (the fans) and the lower we drop the more demanding we get - and it's not entirely unreasonable.

The relationship that exists between the fans and the clubs owners is poisonous, rightly or wrongly, and she's stuck in the middle trying to make progress in the face of all sorts of distractions.

As a result of this it will always be difficult to assess exactly how well she's doing as there are so many mitigating factors that could explain poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT_WasTheBest View Post
    I think they are chicken
    Oops paultry.

You don't understand what the green belt is do you? East Mains is outsude the Green Belt. That's why I'm not responding to any of your points, you aren't a credible witness. I'm questioning your ability to speak on the subject, and it seems to be lacking.

You are probably right about Hibs assets, but you then went on to make claims you can't back up with facts. When challenged on that you turn around and use words like bull****, and tosh. If that's the best you can do, then you should stop posting before you really make yourself sound silly.
    Please explain to me what greenbelts are and why they can never not be designated green belts.

Quote Originally Posted by puff the dragon View Post
    I'm not convinced she is anything more than Petrie's puppet. Transfer window 'activity' only strengthened that feeling.

Petrie said the right things alot as well while his actions told a different story.
    She 100 percent is not petries puppet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole point was a comparison of assets and you disregarded that initially, to suit your purposes.

Please explain to me what greenbelts are and why they can never not be designated green belts.
    I think the point he is trying to make is that East Mains does not fall withing designated green belt land.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo Fring View Post
    i feel sorry for LD , she's working for the biggest a$$hole in football

rod 'il ruin yer career' petrie , his track record of leaving careers in tatters is unrivaled and its beginning to look like LD is about to join his list of casualtys

she came from motherwell with a great track record , she will leave hibs with a 1st division catastrophe on her CV and could possibly be in charge of hibs 1st ever relegation to the 2nd division
    Behave yourself!

Blog Entries
    The Edinburgh green belt is a strip of land outside the city aimed at making a buffer between town and country. East Mains is outside the green belt, please tell me why that is relevant, and how it makes you sound like you have any idea what you are talking about?

Blog Entries
    My whole point was a comparison of assets and you disregarded that initially, to suit your purposes.
    My purpose is to prove that you are not a credible source on this subject.

edit: if you can be wrong about one bit of what you are saying, can you blame people for questioning if the rest is wrong as well?
    Last edited by Phil D. Rolls; 04-09-2014 at 12:26 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    One of my mates sent me a text after my summary of Tues appeared here to ask what I thought of LD. My reply sounded like a dating ad he said when he read it (I think because there isn't a current Mrs Mo not that I mean in any way to infer Leeann could be a candidate as she's taken enough abuse & has one too many basket cases to deal with at the moment). I've spent many years professionally judging people & trying not to be judgemental which is even more difficult when angry & dealing with Hibs. Here's my text: "tough; good sense of humour (you internet dating people might summarise that as GSOH but I've not joined that club yet); committed; intelligent; personable; listens & thinks before answering; political; discrete; will fight her corner & don't think she's anyone's fool. In terms of Hibs I hope I'm right in that summary. "
    Leeann if you are reading this no offence is meant! Jus my initial thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Mo View Post
    One of my mates sent me a text after my summary of Tues appeared here to ask what I thought of LD. My reply sounded like a dating ad he said when he read it (I think because there isn't a current Mrs Mo not that I mean in any way to infer Leeann could be a candidate as she's taken enough abuse & has one too many basket cases to deal with at the moment). I've spent many years professionally judging people & trying not to be judgemental which is even more difficult when angry & dealing with Hibs. Here's my text: "tough; good sense of humour (you internet dating people might summarise that as GSOH but I've not joined that club yet); committed; intelligent; personable; listens & thinks before answering; political; discrete; will fight her corner & don't think she's anyone's fool. In terms of Hibs I hope I'm right in that summary. "

I think she's quite attractive as well, if that helps

p.s. I'm happily married, so she's all yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I like her, am fully behind what she's trying to do and I wish her every success.

I must admit I really don't fancy what she's taken on though, talk about a poisoned chalice. Look at what we've done to managers over the years, players who have excelled elsewhere then been hopeless with us or hopeless with us then gone on to do better elsewhere.

We are a hard bunch to please (the fans) and the lower we drop the more demanding we get - and it's not entirely unreasonable.

The relationship that exists between the fans and the clubs owners is poisonous, rightly or wrongly, and she's stuck in the middle trying to make progress in the face of all sorts of distractions.

As a result of this it will always be difficult to assess exactly how well she's doing as there are so many mitigating factors that could explain poor performance.

Sums it up for me. Very well put.

Oops paultry.
    Or even paltry

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Oops paultry.
    try again

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Much the same problem that our cavalcade of managers has had to face. Hopefully, people who are saying she has what it takes know what they are talking about.

If you went to any of the meetings you would know she has no plans, on Monday night she made it clear she wants the fans to come back with the ideas and the plans. I am not having a go t her and I do believe she is no ones full or puppet but a the end of the day the club is at an all time low, the owner says nothing about the situation and Petrie still signs the cheques. Hibs fans need to wake up, our club is on the edge. The present board is not fit for purpose ( Dempster excluded ) and changes must be made to how the club is managed

Alan Stubbs and his team will have a difficult ride but need the fans to get behind them, Farmer and Petrie need to go and for any one who spouts the normal bull about who will replace Famer. Just look at the other side of the City, it was only a couple of years ago we were talking about Romanov and how bad he had run hearts, all Hibs fans thought hearts would go bust which they duly did and we all thought they would be in the football wilderness for years, well it seems to me the only club in the city which is in danger of being in the lower leagues for a long time is hibs. Also remember Dempster was using the yam model of ownership as an option at her meetings and we take the pis$ out of them...

P.S I AM NO YAM BUT YOU WOULD THINK WITH THE MESS WE ARE IN ROMANOV HAD BEEN RNNNG OUR CLUB
    I was at the meeting last night and she made it very clear that she does have a plan but does not wish to unveil it until she has properly consulted supporters about what they want.

First Team Breakthrough
    Never mix business with pleasure! Keep your friends close and your enemies closer! (Not that I condone sleeping with the enemy but you can't underestimate the value of a good Hibee education in more ways than one). Keep your eyes on the prize (my close friends know about that one) so thanks but not right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Mo View Post

Hmmmmmmmmmm
    Sounds like a candidate for the next Mrs Weege

If you went to any of the meetings you would know she has no plans, on Monday night she made it clear she wants the fans to come back with the ideas and the plans. I am not having a go t her and I do believe she is no ones full or puppet but a the end of the day the club is at an all time low, the owner says nothing about the situation and Petrie still signs the cheques. Hibs fans need to wake up, our club is on the edge. The present board is not fit for purpose ( Dempster excluded ) and changes must be made to how the club is managed

Alan Stubbs and his team will have a difficult ride but need the fans to get behind them, Farmer and Petrie need to go and for any one who spouts the normal bull about who will replace Famer. Just look at the other side of the City, it was only a couple of years ago we were talking about Romanov and how bad he had run hearts, all Hibs fans thought hearts would go bust which they duly did and we all thought they would be in the football wilderness for years, well it seems to me the only club in the city which is in danger of being in the lower leagues for a long time is hibs. Also remember Dempster was using the yam model of ownership as an option at her meetings and we take the pis$ out of them...

P.S I AM NO YAM BUT YOU WOULD THINK WITH THE MESS WE ARE IN ROMANOV HAD BEEN RNNNG OUR CLUB
    I was there on Monday night M and she said on more than one occasion that she/the board has plans but want to fully consult with the fans to agree the way forward.
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I was there on Monday night M and she said on more than one occasion that she/the board has plans but want to fully consult with the fans to agree the way forward.
    Hi J, I will apologise if I misunderstood LD but I got the impression the onus was on the fans to come back with the plans. I really hope there is away forward as I have never felt so disillusioned with Hibs in all my life

Hi J, I will apologise if I misunderstood LD but I got the impression the onus was on the fans to come back with the plans. I really hope there is away forward as I have never felt so disillusioned with Hibs in all my life
    I'm certain she seeks a jointly agreed solution M. We're in a bad place, I agree but I see these meetings as a positive. Just need to get it right on the park now
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I think she's quite attractive as well, if that helps

p.s. I'm happily married, so she's all yours!
    She's everything else but not that

I agree with John as on Tuesday night she eluded to the same. However, what became obvious to me it was different to any of the examples shown I.e The Hibs way!

My mind sometimes flips and whether she is trusted with looking after Hibs interest but I have moments of wondering is she just looking after RP and STF !

There is no doubt she sees EM as a community project and not just football.

Quote Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
    She's doing as she's told. No change till petries gone
    You obviously were not at the meetings. !!