hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sitting haveing my lunch and thinking there must be business ideas out there that could make Hibs money.

So why not own a business that would be 100% owned by the football club with profits generated going to a player fund.

The business would be something completely unrelated to Hibs/Football and given a name that was nothing connected to Hibs:

- Supermarket
    - Car garage, maybe build it up to a chain of Tyre & Exhaust centres
    - Accountancy
    - Marketing
    - IT
    - City Centre Bar/Club/Resteraunt/Hotel
    - IFA/Mortgage Broker

Maybe the initial outlays would be too much for the club to fund but that's where Mr Farmer or Dragons Den style investors could help or the bank with some business start up loan.

If Tom Farmer could build up Kwik Fit to the point he sold it for a Billion Pounds, then replicated the business model with Farmers Autocare, I'm sure he could share some of his business expertise.

Maybe a bit of a risk if it was to run at a loss but that's where you put Mr Petrie in charge of it to ensure it runs at a profit.

I'm sure there's plenty businessman in the Hibess family that could donate a wee bit of their expertise to get it off the ground.

Would obviously be a slow burner but could have the potential to grow and become an established business generating decent profit and a much needed income stream for the club.
    How about ...we ask a very wealthy gentleman called...Sir Tom Farmer (May have heard of him?).. To say offer a substantial amount of cash to be invested in the team ?...may sound crazy ..but other Club owners kind of do this sort of thing!..

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    http://local.amazon.co.uk/Edinburgh/...61_auto-vfe-md

I receive offers from Amazon daily and today this one came through as "Personalised Dressing Room Print." It appears to only offer English Clubs with the only Scottish Club mentioned being "Rangers" (as the company offering the service is clearly not up to speed with recent events surrounding the death of that Club and it's new format) as available.

Obviously I don't have any commercial details on the supplier nor the suitability of Hibs being associated with them or any other in this area, but this might be a possible additional item we could offer as a Club (indeed if we do not already do so?).

I emailed this to Leeann Dempster this morning as an idea - no reply yet but then again she is extremely busy with other things (although I still haven't received a reply to the email she asked me to send her after the Supporters Consultation meeting which I summarised on here - maybe she didn't like what I wrote though seemed to go down well on here?).

When I was a kid (many moons ago) the Catalogues used to do various things in Football Club Colours, such as Bedding, Curtains, Cushions, etc. Even Hibs and Hearts were included in them days. I wonder if the Club ever made much money out of that sort of thing?

On a similar note, I think it's about time we went back to the days when you could buy Hibs merchandise in ANY Sports Store. I'm convinced that it's the wrong decision to restrict sales to one shop at the Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    When I was a kid (many moons ago) the Catalogues used to do various things in Football Club Colours, such as Bedding, Curtains, Cushions, etc. Even Hibs and Hearts were included in them days. I wonder if the Club ever made much money out of that sort of thing?

On a similar note, I think it's about time we went back to the days when you could buy Hibs merchandise in ANY Sports Store. I'm convinced that it's the wrong decision to restrict sales to one shop at the Stadium.
    As much as I agree that maximum exposure would be gained from being in as many outlets as possible, if memory serves me right the club would make minimal money once the individual manufacturer and outlet has taken their cut.

That said, I've got all manner of rubbish at home that I've accumulated over the years with a Hibs badge on it, and the current selection in all sections of the current club shop is utterly abysmal.

On another note, I've given up any hope of the club ever deciding to engage with the goldmine that is Edinburgh tourism.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    When I was a kid I got the hibs mountain bike which was in the club shop. Around the same time as the massive green and white coke can shaped hifi system. Anyone admitting to owning that? And does it still work?

I wrote to Leanne with regards to the poor choice available in the Hibs shop, and got a really good (personnel) reply back.
    It seems the deal with Nike has very much to do with what we can sell in our shop! But being wise as Leanne is- she can see the financial benefit of having more Hibs branded goods in the store and wants to bring back all the stuff we used to have & increase the choice too.

Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibee View Post
    When I was a kid I got the hibs mountain bike which was in the club shop. Around the same time as the massive green and white coke can shaped hifi system. Anyone admitting to owning that? And does it still work?
    My neighbour had that and I saw it outside, waiting on a special uplift, a couple of weeks ago

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    It would look strange in someone's living room nowadays but remember bugging my old man to buy it for the house :)

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Sitting haveing my lunch and thinking there must be business ideas out there that could make Hibs money.

So why not own a business that would be 100% owned by the football club with profits generated going to a player fund.

The business would be something completely unrelated to Hibs/Football and given a name that was nothing connected to Hibs:

- Supermarket
    - Car garage, maybe build it up to a chain of Tyre & Exhaust centres
    - Accountancy
    - Marketing
    - IT
    - City Centre Bar/Club/Resteraunt/Hotel
    - IFA/Mortgage Broker

Maybe the initial outlays would be too much for the club to fund but that's where Mr Farmer or Dragons Den style investors could help or the bank with some business start up loan.

If Tom Farmer could build up Kwik Fit to the point he sold it for a Billion Pounds, then replicated the business model with Farmers Autocare, I'm sure he could share some of his business expertise.

Maybe a bit of a risk if it was to run at a loss but that's where you put Mr Petrie in charge of it to ensure it runs at a profit.

I'm sure there's plenty businessman in the Hibess family that could donate a wee bit of their expertise to get it off the ground.

Would obviously be a slow burner but could have the potential to grow and become an established business generating decent profit and a much needed income stream for the club.
    Perhaps diversifying into a stream of wine bars and hotels in the south of England?

Kicking it in Wellington .

Ideas - overseas season tickets (feedback requested)

Great thread.

I emailed LD and got a great response, I really think our CEO gets hibs and what is needed.

I'm going to suggest two ideas to boost season tickets:

1. Buy ST and get free tour of ER incl. changing rooms and meet some of team
    2. Scheme for overseas fans like me to buy ST at reduced rate, it is then used by club to get kids and other worthy people to matches. The buyer gets rights to 1-2, games per season if they want them.

Interested in folks thoughts on these.

steve

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    As much as I agree that maximum exposure would be gained from being in as many outlets as possible, if memory serves me right the club would make minimal money once the individual manufacturer and outlet has taken their cut.

That said, I've got all manner of rubbish at home that I've accumulated over the years with a Hibs badge on it, and the current selection in all sections of the current club shop is utterly abysmal.

On another note, I've given up any hope of the club ever deciding to engage with the goldmine that is Edinburgh tourism.

Thanks for that, you may be right. I just wonder how much Hibs miss out on long term benefit by lack of exposure compared to short term gain having everything in one shop. There's also the issue of people that buy gifts, such as Christmas time, that cant be arsed going to to ER to buy something. Not everybody buys stuff online.

I agree on the choice, it really is poor. Ive bought some nice stuff from the Club Shop before but the last few times I've been in it all just seemed a bit cheap & nasty and lacking imagination.

What about cheap(£5?) for things like a stadium tour?A training ground tour?

what about like that david cameron hug a hoodie idea what if we get leann to hug a hibee?

what if we as hibs fan agree to pay the club £3 for a win £3 x say 5000 is like 15 grand a week.i know a lil mad but im trying to think of ideas here

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyhibs1983 View Post

what if we as hibs fan agree to pay the club £3 for a win £3 x say 5000 is like 15 grand a week.i know a lil mad but im trying to think of ideas here

Actually, you may have something there.

The Club could start charging us on the way in then (possibly) extra again on the way out, according to the result

So, we'd pay £15 Entry. Then when we leave, an extra £5 if it's a draw and £10 for a win.

Whaddaya all think

The Club could start charging us on the way in then (possibly) extra again on the way out, according to the result

So, we'd pay £15 Entry. Then when we leave, an extra £5 if it's a draw and £10 for a win.

Whaddaya all think

Honestly not as mad an idea as it might sound, certainly for a one off.

Whaddaya all think

now now keekaboo i only mentioned £3 for a win nowhere near a £10 win a game!!

as for a draw, nope, its either win or bust !

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I wish we had a booth at the Airport selling Hibs merchandise and game tickets..get some of the tourists/businessmen who arrive in Edinburgh to get along to ER. When I go to foreign cities on business I almost always buy a football momento from the local team. Got strips for my lad from Frankfurt in germany and Tampere in Finland and have bought scarves and other stuff from lots of other places. It would make us look more like the top club in edinburgh too.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    I wish we had a booth at the Airport selling Hibs merchandise and game tickets..get some of the tourists/businessmen who arrive in Edinburgh to get along to ER. When I go to foreign cities on business I almost always buy a football momento from the local team. Got strips for my lad from Frankfurt in germany and Tampere in Finland and have bought scarves and other stuff from lots of other places. It would make us look more like the top club in edinburgh too.
    Should also be a Hibs promotional leaflet in every hotel within 20 miles of Edinburgh.

Do Hibs have a stall at the freshers fair at Edinburgh Uni?

I know it has a bit of an elitist reputation but the uni has countless football teams. There must be a decent number of football fans amongst the student who fancy taking in a game every now and then.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Hibees View Post
    Great thread.

I emailed LD and got a great response, I really think our CEO gets hibs and what is needed.

I'm going to suggest two ideas to boost season tickets:

1. Buy ST and get free tour of ER incl. changing rooms and meet some of team
    2. Scheme for overseas fans like me to buy ST at reduced rate, it is then used by club to get kids and other worthy people to matches. The buyer gets rights to 1-2, games per season if they want them.

Interested in folks thoughts on these.

steve
    I like your thinking. FranckSuzy has beaten you to it though with Leith Links to help buy Kicks For Kids tickets
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I like your thinking. FranckSuzy has beaten you to it though with Leith Links to help buy Kicks For Kids tickets

Wow, that was organised quickly!