hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Anyone heading through this weekend?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Stevie Worrall out because of a broken wrist whilst riding in a national league match, a tad annoying to say the least!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Lost by 12 tonight, an achievable amount to make up tomorrow.

12 pts down with 13 out of 15 last place finishes is decent, will be surprised if theres more than 6 pts in it over the two legs whoever wins.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Just back.... what a night.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Just back what a night! What an ending! Superb win, it didn't look like they were going to do it after heat 12.

saw a couple of Hibs jackets as well!

Just amazing with three heats to go we were 7 points down on aggregate and deservedly got the required 5 - 1 in the last heat to end Play-Off Champions by 1 point.

This match had everything going from ecstasy to agony, finally ending in super ecstasy.

Some thrilling, uncompromising action played out in front of a big crowd which generated an electric atmosphere.

Well done to Mighty Monarchs who won all three major club trophies this season

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevenl049 PSN ID: stevenl049
    Great to see a thread on the Monarchs on here.

Just a wee fact for you here, Max Fricke lives with me and went to see us down at Kilmarnock towards the end of last season. We'll call him a Hibs fan for that fact alone. Ha ha

Sam Masters on the other hand has been to a few hearts games.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great to see a thread on the Monarchs on here.

Just a wee fact for you here, Max Fricke lives with me and went to see us down at Kilmarnock towards the end of last season. We'll call him a Hibs fan for that fact alone. Ha ha

Sam Masters on the other hand has been to a few hearts games.
    Totally don't care - Sammy's been magnificent for Monarchs all season. As have all the others.

Monarchs have won everything they've competed for this season and done so in style. They haven't relied on guest riders in the crucial meetings as have one or two of their rivals, and they've got the record unbeaten run in modern speedway as well. They won't equal this one for a long time to come.

And I wouldn't be at all surprised if your mate Max isn't a Grand Prix rider in three years time - up with Hancock and Kasprzak and the rest.

(If Hancock's still riding, that is. )

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

What did you all think of the controversial? moments from the weekend? Fighting, crashing, diving... Great fun to watch but frustrating for the racers no doubt. Was the ref right to award heat 15 or should he have restarted with 3 riders?

Gamer IDs

Fights and arguments are all part of the night for us to be honest. I think when the boys adrenalin is pumping the way it does, things like this are bound to happen.

Yeah, he was. Pontus laid it down knowing fine and well what he was doing. When the second lap was finished with Nick nowhere near either Sam or Cookie he was right to award it.

I did a write up on the view from the pits on our Edinburgh Monarchs facebook page of heats 13, 14 and 15. You should take a look at that as not everyone gets to see just how passionate we all are too.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fights and arguments are all part of the night for us to be honest. I think when the boys adrenalin is pumping the way it does, things like this are bound to happen.

Yeah, he was. Pontus laid it down knowing fine and well what he was doing. When the second lap was finished with Nick nowhere near either Sam or Cookie he was right to award it.

I did a write up on the view from the pits on our Edinburgh Monarchs facebook page of heats 13, 14 and 15. You should take a look at that as not everyone gets to see just how passionate we all are too.
    Just read it. Great stuff :)

I haven't had a sporting experience like that in a long time.

Gamer IDs

Tell me about it.

When we won the knock out cup and the league cup in those two back to back weeks earlier in the month we didn't really celebrate them as much as this. We always had this in the back of our minds.

The way we won it was fairly similar to the way Man United won the champions league in 1999. I don't want to over dramatise it or that but that's as close as you'll get to comparing it.

Well this has been a perfect sporting weekend for me, ending at Easter Road today.

The Mighty Monarchs started their defence of the League Cup with a convincing home win against Workington on Friday and yesterday scored an excellent 50 - 40 victory at Berwick with Craig Cook scoring as impressive a 15 point maximum as I've ever seen at Shielfield.

Happy Days

If you're looking for some raw meat entertainment, get yourself along to Armadale today (7.30 pm) where the Scottish Speedway derby between the Mighty Monarchs and the re-vitalised Glasgow Tigers takes place.

The new Tigers owners are reputed to have spent £1.5m on purchasing and upgrading Ashfield stadium and have also splashed the cash on revamping their team and are desperate to put one over on the Monarchs.

Expect a closer, no holds barred contest this time round.

What a great start to The British GP for Craig Cook winning his opening race beating current Champion Hancock in the process.

Cook misses out on a place in the semi finals by one point, sair yin!