hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hamilton haven't had much time to prepare for the top league but it hasn't stopped them starting well.

No more excuses and ifs and buts. We need to accept we are pish before we can do something about it. The Alloa players knew the only way they would beat us is through effort and determination. It is about time we realised we are nowhere near the best team/squad in the league and the only way we will get anything out of this season is if our players grit their teeth, work hard and realise their "quality" won't see us through.
    Hamilton have a core squad who got them promoted. Guys like canning and curier have been there for a few years now. And it's easy to carry on winning when you're on a high. It's much harder to get the winning mentality when you're so used to getting beat.
    Last edited by The_Horde; 02-09-2014 at 03:03 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough John_the_angus_hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    Things take time. Hearts and Rangers have been prepared for this for 1-2 seasons! We've fallen into it.
    Agree. It's a project. Also we did not have a stable management structure to allow us to use the whole summer, that was also deemed not fit for purpose. So a massive project. I do think we will finish top 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough John_the_angus_hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    Hamilton have a core squad who got them promoted. Guys like canning and curier have been there for a few years now. And it's easy to carry on winning when you're on a high. It's much harder to get the winning mentality when you're so used to getting beat.
    There is also **** all pressure on them. That goes a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    My original 'what if' post was to evidence that we aren't a million miles away from getting the results that we should be. As a club we've played it all wrong over the last 10 years+, but from what I can see now, the club has been completely overhauled in the last 3 months (since LD's and subsequently AS' arrival) and as I said in my original post we are only 6 games in to the season. What do Hibs fans want? Overnight success?

STF is also looking to sell and fan ownership is being looked into which is what most of the fans want from what I gather.

I think short to medium term (2-3 seasons) we will be back in the top half of the Premier League where we should be.

P.s. Apologies to all if I'm being too optimistic
    Thanks for your reply

Your if analogy could equally have painted the circumstances in their worst possible light and it would have been no more relevant

We are where are and that it the reality we need to deal with.

Certainly my issues aren't as short term as the last 6 results as they are often as you suggest a temporary blip in either direction

However IMO the playing squad is nowhere near big enough, experienced enough, fit enough, quick enough or talented enough to take us where we want / need to go this season.

The board have resorted to the same weasel words and sound bites to encourage the support to dig deep again and have in my and many other peoples views completely failed to adequately address the shortcomings in the squad.

I don't think there's a cats chance in hell we will be where you think within that time frame.

As things stand we cant keep a clean sheet and since Farid is goosed for a good long while we will struggle to score with our attacking options.

I think on the basis of the players presently at our disposal we will struggle to get anywhere near the play offs.

If we don't go up another batch of season ticket holders will bail out and having done so a few years ago, I couldn't blame them.

That would make our finances even more perilous than they are.

Quite how that would lead us to a top 6 appearance in the SPL I cant fathom

Our only hope would be that Stubbs is truly the messiah of all football managers and under his careful tutelage last years dross and the youngsters around and among them would be transformed into the new class of 92.

I just cant see it.

I think it far more likely that they will be eaten up by the ferocity of the challenges and attitudes in the Championship and at best have an outside chance of a play off place at the year end.

The squad, new signings apart, some of whom it is too early to judge, others of whom will be just fine, and the young lads ( anyone from Hanlon down) who have the potential to improve is absolutely woeful.

There isn't enough bandwith available to list their shortcomings and they are all without exception sliding quickly downhill towards the twighlight of their League careers, mostly without a whimper.

Its great to be optimistic, I am in most walks of life, but unless you are able to temper that optimism with a dose of reality, its nothing but cheerleading emptily.

I hope 8 months down the road you are proved right.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Thanks for your reply

Your if analogy could equally have painted the circumstances in their worst possible light and it would have been no more relevant

We are where are and that it the reality we need to deal with.

Certainly my issues aren't as short term as the last 6 results as they are often as you suggest a temporary blip in either direction

However IMO the playing squad is nowhere near big enough, experienced enough, fit enough, quick enough or talented enough to take us where we want / need to go this season.

The board have resorted to the same weasel words and sound bites to encourage the support to dig deep again and have in my and many other peoples views completely failed to adequately address the shortcomings in the squad.

I don't think there's a cats chance in hell we will be where you think within that time frame.

As things stand we cant keep a clean sheet and since Farid is goosed for a good long while we will struggle to score with our attacking options.

I think on the basis of the players presently at our disposal we will struggle to get anywhere near the play offs.

If we don't go up another batch of season ticket holders will bail out and having done so a few years ago, I couldn't blame them.

That would make our finances even more perilous than they are.

Quite how that would lead us to a top 6 appearance in the SPL I cant fathom

Our only hope would be that Stubbs is truly the messiah of all football managers and under his careful tutelage last years dross and the youngsters around and among them would be transformed into the new class of 92.

I just cant see it.

I think it far more likely that they will be eaten up by the ferocity of the challenges and attitudes in the Championship and at best have an outside chance of a play off place at the year end.

The squad, new signings apart, some of whom it is too early to judge, others of whom will be just fine, and the young lads ( anyone from Hanlon down) who have the potential to improve is absolutely woeful.

There isn't enough bandwith available to list their shortcomings and they are all without exception sliding quickly downhill towards the twighlight of their League careers, mostly without a whimper.

Its great to be optimistic, I am in most walks of life, but unless you are able to temper that optimism with a dose of reality, its nothing but cheerleading emptily.

I hope 8 months down the road you are proved right.
    Here here and Hear Hear again, now get back to work

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Here here and Hear Hear again, now get back to work
    Hasn't been a good day workwise I am absolutely fuming at the lack of activity yesterday

Heaven knows how bad I would be if I still went

Have a great golf trip!

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    My original 'what if' post was to evidence that we aren't a million miles away from getting the results that we should be. As a club we've played it all wrong over the last 10 years+, but from what I can see now, the club has been completely overhauled in the last 3 months (since LD's and subsequently AS' arrival) and as I said in my original post we are only 6 games in to the season. What do Hibs fans want? Overnight success?

STF is also looking to sell and fan ownership is being looked into which is what most of the fans want from what I gather.

I think short to medium term (2-3 seasons) we will be back in the top half of the Premier League where we should be.

P.s. Apologies to all if I'm being too optimistic
    na i want hibs to go out and dominate teams like alloa, teams with a fraction of our budget.

Quote Originally Posted by #2 Double Tap View Post
    na i want hibs to go out and dominate teams like alloa, teams with a fraction of our budget.
    It's precisely this kind of typical overexpectation and impatience on the part of Hibs fans that has been putting the players under so much pressure for the last seven years that they've been consistently underperforming.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailrodders View Post
    It's precisely this kind of typical overexpectation and impatience on the part of Hibs fans that has been putting the players under so much pressure for the last seven years that they've been consistently underperforming.
    This has to be a wind up

If only we hadn't lost 19 matches last season, we would still be in the Premieship.

First Team Regular
    ltyf

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

giggle giggle

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Imagine if Kevin Thomson scored his penalty against Hamilton.

Imagine if Joe Baker used his head rather than his hand in the 1958 cup final.

Imagine if the livi keeper positioned himself better on the opening day of the season.

Imagine if Stade Reims never had Raymond Kopa in the inaugral European Cup.

Football is full of ifs and buts. It's what you actually do that matters.

There seems to be an element of the support that throws its hands up to sweating brows and goes for the "we've been unlucky, imagine if................." angle as a reflex action.

After - let's be generous - 5 years of more or less constant dirge, repeating the same mistakes from top to bottom and - especially Petrie - the club taking the fans for mugs (though accept this looks less like LD's modus operandi) hypothetical if's, but's and maybe's aren't good enough.

And the 2 games we have won are riddled with them that went in our favour, as PB mentions above. What if Dumbarton hadn't tired so dramatically etc etc etc