hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    First Team Breakthrough Pat 0-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho08 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Baring in mind we're still paying Butcher & co's wages.
    And those wages could have been used on, what, 4 player wages? As no doubt they are getting a good whack........

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds green View Post
    Hibs summer transfer window

Oxley - looks a good addition done nothing wrong ✔️
    Gray - excellent start to hibs career captain material IMO will only get better also ✔️
    Kennedy - great exciting and looks to have quality ✔️
    Allen - needs fitness but has that bit class and guile will certainly turn out to be the best of the lot IMO ✔️
    Al agui - gutted for him was looking to be on his way to 25-30 goals this season ✔️

Fontaine, mcgeoch, Sinclair - all need to wait and see but if previous signings are anything to go by I'm excited about how they will perform

Also given the fact were reported to have tried all we could do to bring griffiths back bit for Celtic not playing ball I think the reaction on here is way over the top

Nobody could predict we would lose al agui a couple days before window ended!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We have a very threadbare squad even for this league. A couple more injuries and we will sink even further. We didn't try all we could to get Griffiths. Laurel and Hardy should have got the cheque book out but they seem quite happy wallowing in another fine mess.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBill View Post
    And those wages could have been used on, what, 4 player wages? As no doubt they are getting a good whack........

Those wages still legally have to be paid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    We have a very threadbare squad even for this league. A couple more injuries and we will sink even further. We didn't try all we could to get Griffiths. Laurel and Hardy should have got the cheque book out but they seem quite happy wallowing in another fine mess.
    CELTIC said NO ffs

Maybe Stubbs has been a bit naive thinking the budget was enough to see us challenge. also i still think guys like Craig, Heffernan, Robertson have let him down when they should have been stepping up and making amends. Stubbs should have been given some extra funds to make a push for promotion. Instead the board are penny pinching as always and we are threadbare. I think Stubbs will get fed up and we will lose a good manager

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Those wages still legally have to be paid though.
    Do they legally need to have a car and petrol card paid by hibs also?

Absolutely gutted by Saturdays game but I fail to see what Hibs could have done differently irrespective of owner. I think Stubbs is the right man for our club, I think he's right to wait and bring in quality which he has done in his signings. The timing of his arrival was wrong but I'm glad we do not have Butcher. January window coming and I expect more signings then. Bought my season on the last day after seeing the friendlies and was expecting us to compete better than we have. It's hard work being a Hibs supporter!

Quote Originally Posted by carnoustiehibee View Post
    Do they legally need to have a car and petrol card paid by hibs also?
    If it was the terms of the contract - yes. Hibs did not SACK Terry. Other option is you pay it all off upfront.. and then we would have cash flow problem.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Hearts are winning EVERY week, we are losing EVERY week. Hearts had their team in early, they get their main man sent off and bring in his replacement who scores a hattrick. They are not losing many goals, they are beating teams like falkirk by 3 goals, a team we lost too.

They also beat us.

I have no idea just why you'd think there will be such a swing in form.

If we can't turn teams like Alloa over we are in trouble, and once again when you look through the team you see a team thats very soft in virtually every department. We will not bully any team in this league when our silky soccer is not working.
    Hearts have hit the ground running, no doubt about that, but we were always likely to be playing catch up. That was an inevitable consequence of sacking Butcher without a replacement lined up. Other clubs had a month's head start on us, and Hearts have been planning for this Division since January.

However, the fact remains that we have released 18 players and signed 8. Stubbs has an eye for a player but some of them have played very little first team football. Apparently we are trying to get another striker in but the squad looks very light.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    Absolutely gutted by Saturdays game but I fail to see what Hibs could have done differently irrespective of owner. I think Stubbs is the right man for our club, I think he's right to wait and bring in quality which he has done in his signings. The timing of his arrival was wrong but I'm glad we do not have Butcher. January window coming and I expect more signings then. Bought my season on the last day after seeing the friendlies and was expecting us to compete better than we have. It's hard work being a Hibs supporter!
    As Butcher profetically pointed out, there's not much available in January and certainly few bargains.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ionahibby View Post
    Agree. Some people on here are getting their knickers in a twist over nothing. The squad we have is more than enough to get us into the play offs.
    With all due respect I Was told that we were aiming to win this league by LD. The squad should get us into play off position but why should I except mediocre after being promised we were chasing the league?

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds green View Post
    Think There is a huge over reaction here, our squad IS strong enough to finish top 3 people seriously don't believe it isn't? Yes results have been not good enough but these games could have easily gone in our favour we have made numerous chances in almost all the games, there is another transfer window in jan to come, remember we could finish 2nd but still end up losing to fourth in the league in a play-off!

who going to score the goals for us, also january window are we not losing our goalie and kennedy then so we bring in another goalie and winger in. feel really sorry for stubbs.

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    With all due respect I Was told that we were aiming to win this league by LD. The squad should get us into play off position but why should I except mediocre after being promised we were chasing the league?

GGTTH
    I hope you are correct and we make the playoff but with our current squad I don't think so. I'm not convinced with any of our defenders or goalie. And where are the goals coming from . I'm backing Stubbs just wish he had more time to get us 6 more players that's genuinely how short I think we are.