hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just a bit of speculation, but I have trying to think rationally about our situation.

One of the conclusions I have reached is that the board know something we don't.

I think there is every reason to believe that there is more than one club Scotland top two leagues that are not going to make it to the end of the season.

We have been set up to survive and Alan has been asked to make us competitive as possible.

I think there is a very real chance of Rangers plus one other disappearing, and we on survival footing for the time being.

In the intrim let the lads have a crack, no pressure!!

That is my theory in any case, shoot me down if you will!
    Not wishing to attack you at all directly but this kind of thinking reminds me the stories that circulated in Berlin in 1945 as the Russians were closing in that any day now the Furher would launch the secret weapon he had up his sleeve and the counterattack would begin. The US and GB would switch sides and join Germany in pushing back the Red Army etc. etc.

Petrie is a buffoon who has failed in everything he has done for years now (except persuade Farmer to keep him in his role at Hibs... failing...). I'm afraid the idea that this is all part of some master plan isn't credible.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Servant View Post
    Maybe there's a drift from the cities in society in general, and that's led to the demise of the big city clubs?
    According to recent projections the populations of Aberdeen and Edinburgh are due to rise quite a bit in the next 20 years and Dundee is also up and coming.

It is hard work typing loads of theories as to why and how we have arrived at this point. Who cares what Petrie does or doesn't know, the bottom line is that we have ended up where we are and not in a crash and burn in search of glory type of way, but rather in a slow decline death by a thousand cuts type of way.

My thoughts are why the hell would you trust the people who presided over our demise ignoring all the warning signs along the way to be the ones to turn it around. Leeann Dempster may well be brilliant at her job, but she still needs Farmer and Petrie to agree every decision she makes were a financial outlay is concerned ........................... because of that nothing will really change until they either find a way to fund the club better or bugger off.

Kano

Don't want to upset anyone but hasn't Kano went very quiet.

Just a bit of speculation, but I have trying to think rationally about our situation.

One of the conclusions I have reached is that the board know something we don't.

I think there is every reason to believe that there is more than one club Scotland top two leagues that are not going to make it to the end of the season.

We have been set up to survive and Alan has been asked to make us competitive as possible.

I think there is a very real chance of Rangers plus one other disappearing, and we on survival footing for the time being.

What do you base your theory on?

I've heard of clutching at straws, but if you think that The Rangers are going to "disappear" I think you are in for a disappointment mate (as much as I detest them).

Can you share with us who you think the "plus one other" club is. Cheers.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    According to recent projections the populations of Aberdeen and Edinburgh are due to rise quite a bit in the next 20 years and Dundee is also up and coming.

It is hard work typing loads of theories as to why and how we have arrived at this point. Who cares what Petrie does or doesn't know, the bottom line is that we have ended up where we are and not in a crash and burn in search of glory type of way, but rather in a slow decline death by a thousand cuts type of way.

My thoughts are why the hell would you trust the people who presided over our demise ignoring all the warning signs along the way to be the ones to turn it around. Leeann Dempster may well be brilliant at her job, but she still needs Farmer and Petrie to agree every decision she makes were a financial outlay is concerned ........................... because of that nothing will really change until they either find a way to fund the club better or bugger off.
    I agree, it's time for them to go, they want to go. Lets try and find a credible way of buying them out.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gjb1875 View Post
    Don't want to upset anyone but hasn't Kano went very quiet.
    Oh David, you tease......

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...ange-1-3529503

What's the chances of a post like yours appearing the same day as Paul Kane talks to the media?

Not being funny, Mr. Hardie, but it should be "gone very quiet". Dont they teach you anything at journalism school these days?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Nobody knows anything. Loads of speculation, but not even the people who are running Der Hun know what's going to happen to Der Hun.

If the current owners all decide to throw in the towel and sell to Dave King tomorrow, then the whole circus moves on.

Meanwhile, over at Hearts the Budgie seems to have her head screwed on and won't let anything get in the way of getting her money back.

Besides, Raith Rovers are better placed than us to capitalise on any stumble from those two at the moment!

First Team Breakthrough Mathias Jack's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GazA1875
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    This is just more of the misguided belief amongst many Hibs fans that the Rangers or Hearts will soon be gone and everything will then be fine. Both these clubs currently are on a better footing than our club, which despite the so-called imminent demise of the aforementioned, sees us in the same league as them yet inexplicably not able to compete with them ... if anyone is in serious trouble of "going" I'd say we were fine candidates - and I don't think Rod has the foggiest about any of the goings on at our club or indeed any of the clubs ... what you (erroneously IMO) consider to be a masterplan on his part I would suggest is actually just plain incompetence on his part - much to my dismay. As fans we really should stop pretending that we will be the "last club standing": seems to me that we are on our knees and we have been for some time now ...
    Maybe Hearts yeah, did you read Rangers financial report out a few months ago? Tried to look for it online but can't find it, i've got a copy in the house. Makes some interesting reading. It should've been re-titled 'How Not to Run A Football Club'. Not that we are perfect, obviously. Splashed just under £2million on LED advertising and upgrading their jumbotron, contracts were put together by admin staff not legal staff. From mishap to mishap, and from July 2012 to Dec 2013, they managed to rinse £30million.

They couldn't get credit by a merchant acquirer, so could only sell season tickets by cash. Their recent share offer failed to attract any new investors and was therefore offered to current investors. Most have ignored it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...creditors.html

The article above is evidence that the Rangers are not in a better financial footing than us.
    Last edited by Mathias Jack; 03-09-2014 at 01:08 PM.

If our "stratagy" is to succeed by default then that in itself is gross mismanagement, we can't just exist as a club in the hope that our rivals will go bust even if we do hve some inside information on certain probabilities

I've been giving this some thought and I reckon given the fact we've signed very few players during the summer that Rod and the board have decided to write this season off with both the rangers and the yams being in the championship as well . Then next season put in the extra money to bring in the players so that we win the leauge at a canter ,
    Now I know that may mean crowds dropping a bit this season however if we get off to a flyer next season then fans will come back to Easter rd in large numbers .

Quote Originally Posted by the slope View Post
    I've been giving this some thought and I reckon given the fact we've signed very few players during the summer that Rod and the board have decided to write this season off with both the rangers and the yams being in the championship as well . Then next season put in the extra money to bring in the players so that we win the leauge at a canter ,
    Now I know that may mean crowds dropping a bit this season however if we get off to a flyer next season then fans will come back to Easter rd in large numbers .
    Thats exactlt whats happened and was predictable from the day we lost to Hamilton, the crowds may drop this season but will be back in numbers near rhe end of the Season if we're pushing for a Play-Off place

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias Jack View Post
    Maybe Hearts yeah, did you read Rangers financial report out a few months ago? Tried to look for it online but can't find it, i've got a copy in the house. Makes some interesting reading. It should've been re-titled 'How Not to Run A Football Club'. Not that we are perfect, obviously. Splashed just under £2million on LED advertising and upgrading their jumbotron, contracts were put together by admin staff not legal staff. From mishap to mishap, and from July 2012 to Dec 2013, they managed to rinse £30million.

They couldn't get credit by a merchant acquirer, so could only sell season tickets by cash. Their recent share offer failed to attract any new investors and was therefore offered to current investors. Most have ignored it.

The article above is evidence that the Rangers are not in a better financial footing than us.
    This is exactly right.Rangers are trying to get enough money together to get them through to their AGM when they will try to get authority for a new share issue.There is absolutely no guarantee that they will achieve this.King will not buy shares from the existing shareholders because he won't put money into their pockets.The exiting shareholders won't let their shares go for nothing but there is evidence that they are not prepared to put more money in.As Rangers have no credit facilities(they had to borrow cash from shareholders against security which is what the current attempt to raise money to pay the loans back is all about)they have every likliehood of going to the wall again and may be gambling on being able to cope with a points deduction.

Not yet convinced that ny theory is totally guff!!!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...e-spfl-4177789

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias Jack View Post

Fair point except I didn't say financial footing in my post, I just said footing, i.e. overall including on the field (where it ultimately matters in case Petrie is reading any of this) they're moving up, despite all their financial problems: we're moving down despite all our lack of financial problems ... still maybe they'll go bust and disappear, then again maybe not ... too big to fail is the phrase used elsewhere I believe.

Meanwhile we can't even beat part timers (not to mention the teams that are about to go or have gone bust) ...

Total Gregg's stuff but I was at a function with everyone's favourite Justice Minister Kenny MacAskill who told me that Rangers wouldn't make it through the season.

Its pretty worthless though, even if they do go under we look so poor that third place is a distant dream right now.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This is exactly right.Rangers are trying to get enough money together to get them through to their AGM when they will try to get authority for a new share issue.There is absolutely no guarantee that they will achieve this.King will not buy shares from the existing shareholders because he won't put money into their pockets.The exiting shareholders won't let their shares go for nothing but there is evidence that they are not prepared to put more money in.As Rangers have no credit facilities(they had to borrow cash from shareholders against security which is what the current attempt to raise money to pay the loans back is all about)they have every likliehood of going to the wall again and may be gambling on being able to cope with a points deduction.
    Dave King's main criticism of Rangers is not that they are burning too much cash, but that they are not thinking big enough. The guy certainly talks big but is yet to back it up. He did help decimate season ticket sales though, pushing Der Neuer Hun closer to the brink.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Total Gregg's stuff but I was at a function with everyone's favourite Justice Minister Kenny MacAskill who told me that Rangers wouldn't make it through the season.

Its pretty worthless though, even if they do go under we look so poor that third place is a distant dream right now.
    I met with the Justice minister who told me there was nothing he could do about people parking on pavements.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    Is that the same Uncle Rod who told people that questioned him 'behind the goals' towards the end of last season, when things were getting nervy, that Hibs wouldn't be relegated?
    An emphatic, "that's not going to happen" were his words I believe when relegation was suggested.

I'm afraid I wouldn't place much faith in his ability to think things through to a likely outcome anymore.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Not yet convinced that ny theory is totally guff!!!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...e-spfl-4177789
    Whilst I have absolutely no sympathy for Rangers obviously, it would be perfectly in keeping with the depressing Hearts narrative if they happened to be the main beneficiaries from Rangers breaking rules that were only brought in due to Hearts' own misdemeanours.