hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ask what's happened to the surplus generated by the SPL ST prices ?. As all 8 of our new signings (4 loanees ffs !!) didn't cost the club a penny it makes the decision to keep the prices to last season's levels redundant as the club hasn't had any outlay to make so - where's the money ?
    Someone asked her about this and she got angry pointing out that the players cost a lot if money on wages and accommodation costs.
    She insists that we will make a significant loss thus year spending money we don't have to try and get up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Still think we will sign a striker prior to our next game
    I must dig out "Golden Gordon" sometime, if any of you remember Ripping Yarns.

Can someone ask why when our season started on 5 August we are still not ready

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Luckily there is no game this weekend!
    Cheers, now amended.

You really think I would actually have remembered this myself, as I'm going to the International on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    I must dig out "Golden Gordon" sometime, if any of you remember Ripping Yarns.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sH7qzjUMDmA

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Cheers, now amended.

You really think I would actually have remembered this myself, as I'm going to the International on Saturday

you should go to the game on sunday instead :)

Left by mutual consent!
    This meeting and others like it have been rolled out by the current management a few times in recent times and nothing changes so don't expect anything to here. They are just paying lip service to the fans.

It's become apparent that the only change that has happened in the summer is that Petrie has appointed a new puppet. He's still pulling the strings and the 'transfer activity' over the summer proves it. Very unimpressed with the new CEO, I predict she'll be gone by the end of the season with Petrie back where he left off.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    Someone asked her about this and she got angry pointing out that the players cost a lot if money on wages and accommodation costs.
    She insists that we will make a significant loss thus year spending money we don't have to try and get up.
    So we signed 4 guys on loan and ok maybe we have to pay accommodation costs for them but say an average rent of £1000 a month then for the 4 that's £48K a year. Give them a generous salary of £2K month then that's £96K. So not quite £150K a year, not sure what the player budget is but how the club can claim the loans are anything other than a small percentage of the overall budget is beyond me. Someone needs to question or probe this further as does not add up.

Accommodation costs? I believe that the sale of the land behind the old terracing and the building of houses ( of which i'm no doubt sure STF & RP got their pockets line with no cash back to hibs) they have some houses in there. I would know as i rented their for a year and seen a few hibs players reside there, one being Sparky when he came back up the road from Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    But important as her history of fan involvement and budgets is not good
    I would say it's probably correct and very important. I have no idea what she has done that people enthuse over so much.
    At least we know what her history and experience is. If anyone else that wants to drive change at Hibs fancies telling us their (and those they're working with) history and experience, I'm sure we'd all listen.

I take it that it's too late to get an invite for tonight?

We've been trying to get up, have we?

Left by mutual consent!
    I would like someone to ask her if she would now consider herself to be out of her depth?

Giving the fact it is now 2nd September and we are no where near ready, is the job too big for her?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    I would like someone to ask her if she would now consider herself to be out of her depth?

Giving the fact it is now 2nd September and we are no where near ready, is the job too big for her?
    Yeah, she's had a whole 3 MONTHS, to restructure the club from top to bottom while dealing with relegation and the subsequent budget cuts that still looked unlikely when she accepted the job.

I would say it's probably correct and very important. I have no idea what she has done that people enthuse over so much.
    She has come into our club, a club that was treading water at best, and set about trying to change things. The first priority was the coaching staff, and putting our facilities to their intended use. We will not see the benefits of this on the pitch for a few years, but it should be worth waiting for. She said she would have meetings with the fans to discover what is best for the club, to take it into the future. That is what she is doing now. I can't imagine anyone could turn Hibs round in a month or two. If she does it in two years I'll be impressed. It is of course, incredibly easy to say she is Petrie's puppet and we've heard it all before. Perhaps someone would post the minutes of previous meetings when the fans have been asked for their input concerning the running of the club. If you are so naive as to compare our fan base with that of Motherwell, then you shouldn't really be flinging mud at people. We are at last being asked our opinions about the running of our club, yet some people see this as another reason to put the boot in. What do you really expect her to do? Sit in her ivory tower trying to ignore abuse from some so called fans, or meet them face to face? The more important question would be - what is your agenda?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Yeah, she's had a whole 3 MONTHS, to restructure the club from top to bottom while dealing with relegation and the subsequent budget cuts that still looked unlikely when she accepted the job.
    Thats the issue, trying to change the club from top to bottom! She should have focused on the playing staff to get us back into the top flight, that's all she should have been focussing on! It will be easier to start tackling all the other stuff when ticket sales increase, income increases a general better feeling about the club, rather than pissing off the fans more, decreasing chances to gain promotion and reducing income. It would be interesting to see how she is planning this restructure. Is she planning on it happening from the championship or the premiership. If it's the championship, she has lied to us. If it's the premiership then she is failing as there isn't that much chance we will get promoted with this squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Still think we will sign a striker prior to our next game
    Sorry ma man but that is an irrelavance now... Stubbs has been here for 80 odd days, Dempster a while longer. We've released 25 players with only a handful of loanees coming in and a couple of contract signings.

Forwards should have been identified before the 2nd week of the season and signed up by last night. Far to late IMO no matter what drivel Dempster or, the board spout.

If we want change/answers etc then you are going after the wrong target there. Only one person can really provide answers and they have chosen to remain completely silent.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    restructuring the whole club! Can she not multi task.

Up until 1st September her only concern should be player recruitment. So either she has failed miserably or her appointment, George Craig has failed miserably. Unless you are happy with the current state of our 1st team squad?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    If we want change/answers etc then you are going after the wrong target there. Only one person can really provide answers and they have chosen to remain completely silent.
    well she is nothing more than a stooge and therefore has failed her job miserably?

Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    Thats the issue, trying to change the club from top to bottom! She should have focused on the playing staff to get us back into the top flight, that's all she should have been focussing on! It will be easier to start tackling all the other stuff when ticket sales increase, income increases a general better feeling about the club, rather than pissing off the fans more, decreasing chances to gain promotion and reducing income. It would be interesting to see how she is planning this restructure. Is she planning on it happening from the championship or the premiership. If it's the championship, she has lied to us. If it's the premiership then she is failing as there isn't that much chance we will get promoted with this squad.

A lot of people seem to know how to do her job better than she does,

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I've emailed them to say I'm no longer interested in their spin and won't be attending this evening, so there's a place available for someone who is still a believer or someone who wants to hear the spin directly
    Pity you have decided not to go. A great opportunity for you to voice your opinion, concerns, wishes etc/..

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSimplyHibs View Post
    Sorry ma man but that is an irrelavance now... Stubbs has been here for 80 odd days, Dempster a while longer. We've released 25 players with only a handful of loanees coming in and a couple of contract signings.

Forwards should have been identified before the 2nd week of the season and signed up by last night. Far to late IMO no matter what drivel Dempster or, the board spout.
    How many of the 25 would have been first team choices and how any of the eight coming in will be first team choices?

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    We'll lose even more if we don't get up this year which i cannot see happening on current showings.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Dear oh dear, give her a chance. Lets see how the players do and while I am sure most would have expected more in terms of signing it isnt beyond the realms of possibility that the manager is able to put together a decent young team. We need to get much more out of the players that are there especially the ones who managed to get us relegated. The signings to me have been good however could have done with more.

well she is nothing more than a stooge and therefore has failed her job miserably?
    Other than mere personal abuse towards her that doesn't actually make any sense. Misdirected anger will change nothing.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    A lot of people seem to know how to do her job better than she does,

And the the same line was trotted out just after previous ceo's or managers within hibs started failing. They turned out to be true. Why do people have so much blind faith in the board at hibs when they are experts in getting it wrong? Leanne may be very capable but it doesn't look like she is delivering in one of her goals, to create a team capable of winning the championship. She told us that, she told us she had full control. I suspect she doesn't have as much control as she thought, or, she never appreciated the scale of the task. Either way it's her fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    How many of the 25 would have been first team choices and how any of the eight coming in will be first team choices?

None would have been my choice however here is a list of players for so take your pick.

Complete list from the BBC:
    James Collins, forward (Shrewsbury Town, undisclosed); Kevin Thomson, midfielder (Dundee); James McPake, defender (Dundee); Paul Cairney, midfielder (Kilmarnock); Ross Caldwell, forward (St Mirren); Ryan McGivern, defender (Port Vale); Alan Maybury, defender (Falkirk); Tom Taiwo, midfielder (Falkirk); Bradley Donaldson, defender (Livingston); Ryan Baptie, defender (Inverness Caledonian Thistle); Ben Williams, goalkeeper (Bradford City); Paul Grant, goalkeeper (Livingston); Robert Wilson, defender (Airdrieonians); Jay Doyle, forward (East Stirlingshire); Dean Horribine, midfielder (Berwick Rangers); David Gold, midfielder (Berwick Rangers); Euan Bauld, defender (Berwick Rangers); Sean Murdoch, goalkeeper, Euan Smith, midfielder (Kilmarnock). Michael Nelson (Cambridge Utd) Loan ended: Daniel Boateng, defender (Arsenal); Danny Haynes, forward (Notts County); Duncan Watmore, midfielder (Sunderland).

Looks like a fair few have found clubs and are probably main stays.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    And the the same line was trotted out just after previous ceo's or managers within hibs started failing. They turned out to be true. Why do people have so much blind faith in the board at hibs when they are experts in getting it wrong? Leanne may be very capable but it doesn't look like she is delivering in one of her goals, to create a team capable of winning the championship. She told us that, she told us she had full control. I suspect she doesn't have as much control as she thought, or, she never appreciated the scale of the task. Either way it's her fault.
    I am intrigued as to what LD is thinking now. There she is having left Motherwell - a club doing well - to come here to a club which needs a lot of work on it and apparently with some form of promise that she would be in charge. She then stands up and says that she is going to change the way the club is run and, to be fair there were indications that work was started. I then compare that with the evidence that we need to overhaul the playing staff and bring in new players against the reality of what has actually transpired. We have not seen any change in results all be it we play with a bit more style en route to the same results as last year and we still can't score goals, the midfield can't keep the ball and the defence is powderpuff soft in front of a worse keeper than last year.

Where is the improvement?

• If LD meant everything she said when she came in, ie she's in charge, then this must be part of her plan for the club, in which case no change from RP
    • if she is is not behind this less than inspiring transfer window, then can we assume that she will not be happy by the turn of events and shortly see her depart the club on the grounds that she wasn't actually given the freedom to run it that she expected.

Either way, i cannot see that this is a very good time for the club - regardless of what is happening on the pitch. LD is either Rod in disguise or simply a patsy for Rod.

The last few years i have renewed my season ticket optimistically and against the argument of the evidence in front of me, i am fed up with it and suspect i will struggle to look blindly past the evidence and renew again!

OK sack the lot of them and start again.