hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: What next

What next

As it says on the tin?

i woke up this morning first thing I done was login to Expecting to see a couple other cheeky signings but looks like summer of change was yet another lie this time from a new face.

When are the board if directors going to show a level of clarity and dignity and start to be honest with the support.

For 8+ years I feel like we have been lied too and now have absolutely no trust or respect for hibs as a club.
    i actually feel sick this morning that's the impact this has had.

i will always support the players on park and the fans but think we need to act now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano Mourinho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As it says on the tin?

i woke up this morning first thing I done was login to Expecting to see a couple other cheeky signings but looks like summer of change was yet another lie this time from a new face.

When are the board if directors going to show a level of clarity and dignity and start to be honest with the support.

For 8+ years I feel like we have been lied too and now have absolutely no trust or respect for hibs as a club.
    i actually feel sick this morning that's the impact this has had.

i will always support the players on park and the fans but think we need to act now.
    Languishing in the lower divisions is what is next.

Can't see any white knight coming in to save us.

@hibs.net private member
    Mid table finish, club tells more lies to try and sell season tickets, people buy season tickets, club fails to deliver.

And repeat.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    what next ?….very, very few goals

Farid….Injured
    Cummings… 22 appearances…3 goals..ave 1 in 7
    Heffernan….26 appearances..4 goals..ave 1 in 6.5
    Handling….46 appearances..3 goals..ave 1 in 15
    Allan…0 appearances…0 goals
    Sinclair…0 appearances…0 goals

Assuming that Oxley's goal isn't going to be repeated and that our midfield seem to score only once in a blue moon (even when they get to take penalties)..that means we can expect to score a goal about once every three games.

Relegation beckons

2-3 years down here or at least until the club is sold to people who care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Mid table finish, club tells more lies to try and sell season tickets, people buy season tickets, club fails to deliver.

And repeat.
    only reducing in numbers by 1000 a year until we are in a muckle stadium with 3000 fans, should have had the balls for a bycott and force change, every year the numbers dwindle is a missed year and eventually the majority wont really care as they are sick to the back teeth of them, we will belucky to get fourth this year, we will bottle it when a huge number of hibs fans turn out in the hope the team will decide to turnup

I wonder if the club will make comment about this transfer window?
    if so I hope they get ripped to pieces, it's ridiculous football can make you feel this way

What next?
    How about not going on Saturday for starters? Call it a boycott, a protest, call it what you want but simply don't go. Call it a vote of no confidence in the board. A leadership team devoid of inspiration or strategy.

I've never been one to boycott a match before bur surely the time has now come to show Mr Petrie and Mr Farmer how we really feel.

If it makes you feel any better pretend we're not playing or the game had been moved to Sunday for live TV!!

Pretend it's the wife's birthday and you have to take her for that long overdue lunch at Harvey Nichols.

Pretend your having to do overtime to pay for the bairn's school shoes.

Just don't go to Easter Road on Saturday. I fully appreciate it may stick in the craw for some but real action is required. Otherwise we better get used to Saturday fixtures against the likes of Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton for a very long time to come.

I'm seriouslu starting to believe the only way to get through to the people who own and run the club is to withhold money and a boycott by ST holders, even just for one game as a symbolic gesture.

It won't happen though because many, and I include myself in that, won't do it because it may well have a negative impact on the team and it could well hurt the club.

Seems to me the people that run the clun still only give a **** about money.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Top Pans Hibby View Post
    What next?
    How about not going on Saturday for starters? Call it a boycott, a protest, call it what you want but simply don't go. Call it a vote of no confidence in the board. A leadership team devoid of inspiration or strategy.

I've never been one to boycott a match before bur surely the time has now come to show Mr Petrie and Mr Farmer how we really feel.

If it makes you feel any better pretend we're not playing or the game had been moved to Sunday for live TV!!

Pretend it's the wife's birthday and you have to take her for that long overdue lunch at Harvey Nichols.

Just don't go to Easter Road on Saturday. I fully appreciate it may stick in the craw for some but real action is required. Otherwise we better get used to Saturday fixtures against the likes of Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton for a very long time to come.
    Just don't go back at all untill the board have all resigned and a new owner is sought... Attend the away games though

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm seriouslu starting to believe the only way to get through to the people who own and run the club is to withhold money and a boycott by ST holders, even just for one game as a symbolic gesture.

It won't happen though because many, and I include myself in that, won't do it because it may well have a negative impact on the team and it could well hurt the club.

Short term pain for long term gain.

We're getting pumped anyway so what difference will having no fans there really make????

Quote Originally Posted by JustSimplyHibs View Post
    We're getting pumped anyway so what difference will having no fans there really make????
    Fair point well made.

A 'boycott' will happen organically anyway if our form continues in a similar or even slightly improved vein.

We were 250ish down from Livi to Falkirk but when you take into account Falkirk brought about 300 more fans than Livi we lost nearly 500 Hibs fans in one game.

Without a very good run of results starting right away that pattern will continue.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    What next?r

You have talked me into it. I am going to go shopping with the missus on Saturday.

So let's make a real statement of intent on Saturday by not attending a one off Cowdenbeath match. Think of it as a vote of no confidence in the way Hibernian FC are being run.

The Hibs running out to an empty and silent Eastet Road this Saturday is the loudest statement we can make to the board.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    So let's make a real statement of intent on Saturday by not attending a one off Cowdenbeath match. Think of it as a vote of no confidence in the way Hibernian FC are being run.

The Hibs running out to an empty and silent Eastet Road this Saturday is the loudest statement we can make to the board.
    The way things are going, this scenario will not be just for one game.
    Some fans will be beyond the point of making a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano Mourinho View Post

i woke up this morning first thing I done was login to
    This could be the opening line of the most depressing blues song ever.

We could not go the following Saturday as well when the game is actually played.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    what next ?….very, very few goals

Farid….Injured
    Cummings… 22 appearances…3 goals..ave 1 in 7
    Heffernan….26 appearances..4 goals..ave 1 in 6.5
    Handling….46 appearances..3 goals..ave 1 in 15
    Allan…0 appearances…0 goals
    Sinclair…0 appearances…0 goals

Assuming that Oxley's goal isn't going to be repeated and that our midfield seem to score only once in a blue moon (even when they get to take penalties)..that means we can expect to score a goal about once every three games.

Relegation beckons
    Yeah, Sinclair's goal return has been a disgrace so far. Has been at the club almost 24 hours and hasn't scored a league goal for us yet!

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This could be the opening line of the most depressing blues song ever.

We could not go the following Saturday as well when the game is actually played.
    Touché mon ami!! Sentiment still applies though!!

Fair point well made.

A 'boycott' will happen organically anyway if our form continues in a similar or even slightly improved vein.

We were 250ish down from Livi to Falkirk but when you take into account Falkirk brought about 300 more fans than Livi we lost nearly 500 Hibs fans in one game.

Without a very good run of results starting right away that pattern will continue.

Agreed.... reckon there will only be 4000 Hibby's there this Sat. Which is probs about 2500 down on the season opener and about 5000 down on say 5 years ago! (estimation before anyone picks ays up)

Action is needed and this is the only way i can think of the message getting to Farmer - with the media's help at enticing a response from our Owner or Board... I just hope they dont ask Dempster or, Stubbs about the apathy as they are the wrong folk to be asking IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSimplyHibs View Post
    Agreed.... reckon there will only be 4000 Hibby's there this Sat. Which is probs about 2500 down on the season opener and about 5000 down on say 5 years ago! (estimation before anyone picks ays up)

Action is needed and this is the only way i can think of the message getting to Farmer - with the media's help at enticing a response from our Owner or Board... I just hope they dont ask Dempster or, Stubbs about the apathy as they are the wrong folk to be asking IMO.

Better to maybe boycott on the 13th as that's when the game is International break.

Whenever we play Cowdenbeath might be a rare win so can't see that happening but will be lowest crowd of season no doubt about that my son is away travelling and funny enough said he was t missing not going to hibs games so when he comes back unless we are winning week in he may well vote with his feet .
    As things stand I can't be bothered going and don't see that changing so think we will get an indication this Saturday of how low crowds could slump to .But it's not in itself going to change anything except deprive club of income if you are a walk up . But unless some protest is aimed at change in ownership and coordinated ,it doesn't ' have any impact as board must know how we feel and attendances at next two consultation meetings will probably be down due to Apathy .They can have thier two token fans on the Board but it won't make a huge difference IMO

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Better to maybe boycott on the 13th as that's when the game is International break.
    ooppppsssssss...

What about instead of a boycott we do the opposite. We pack the stadium and we protest when we know Petrie can see. An hour before kick off and an hour after..

We can still support our team this way, not damage our club financially and show them we're hell bent on taking our club back

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    What about instead of a boycott we do the opposite. We pack the stadium and we protest when we know Petrie can see. An hour before kick off and an hour after..

We can still support our team this way, not damage our club financially and show them we're hell bent on taking our club back
    Or we turn up in our numbers and when the game is about to start we all just stand up and do a mass walk out, that'd get the media coverage needed.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    two lasses were removed for having Petrie out signs last week. EVERY fan should take an A4 Petrie out banner to the next game, they can't chuck us all out.

Trouble is you won't get scale through internet chat forums. We need an organisation to mobilise supporters and combine strengths. Could this be an adjunct to the Kane bid? They do the bidding and positive work on takeover. This group coordinates and agitates against the incumbants. Direct debits into a fighting fund for the new regime.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    two lasses were removed for having Petrie out signs last week. EVERY fan should take an A4 Petrie out banner to the next game, they can't chuck us all out.
    Better turning up outside with the banners and staying there making as much noise as possible. Just don't go inside. Support the team from the street