hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Farmer must go

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if you do it, make sure everyone wears the Hibs colours and get the media told what's happening, no point in doing anything like this if no one knows about it.
    I agree Hibs colours and media contact required. I have zero connections bar my Dad and mates who go to the games but could round up 15 or so like minded people.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    I genuinely believe that Farmer and Petrie love the ego boost and prestige of owning and running a football club. They have no interest in making us a success but will never sell. So long as Rod can stroll about behind the goals acting the main man all is rosy in their minds!
    Yes, one of Scotland's richest men, a knight of the realm, as well as a Papal knight, needs the ego boost of running a club in a league on the fringes of Europe.

Why, he's so insecure that being able to say you we're pumped 7-0 at home in the Inter Toto cup, makes him feel like a big man.

When he's having a pint with his fellow squilliinaires on holiday, he'll drop into conversation that Lewis Stevenson regularly comes to parties at his house.

Rather than being an ego boost, I think that Hibs are Tom's dirty little secret. The thing he can turn to for an antidote against the addiction of success. It's things like that and going to Brewers Fayres for his tea that keep in touch with the man he really is.

Rosebud.
    Last edited by Phil D. Rolls; 02-09-2014 at 10:24 AM.

Can't simply get rid off when there is no viable alternative option. Hibs assets are worth circa 20million plus when stripped down, so no way they will sell for 3.5.

Farmer and Petrie's time at Hibs is WAY over. Farmer has no interest in the club and Petrie has no ambition or desire to achieve anything where it matters, on the pitch.

However, there needs to be somebody willing to buy Farmer out, else it's irrelevant what we all think. People have come on here to canvass the Fans opinions of a Takover, e.g. asking whether we'd be willing to stump up money, and been rounded on by some posters. It's not exactly a situation conducive to encouraging a Fan backed Takeover.

What's taken you all so long to realise we have been heading into the oblivion for years.

Same so called leaders...same outcome..we are a joke of a club right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Farmer and Petrie's time at Hibs is WAY over. Farmer has no interest in the club and Petrie has no ambition or desire to achieve anything where it matters, on the pitch.

However, there needs to be somebody willing to buy Farmer out, else it's irrelevant what we all think. People have come on here to canvass the Fans opinions of a Takover, e.g. asking whether we'd be willing to stump up money, and been rounded on by some posters. It's not exactly a situation conducive to encouraging a Fan backed Takeover.
    Convincing people you have the ability to run the club is not made easier when you get caught out by a simple question like "what mandate do you have"?

The summer revolution was high on tub thumping, finger pointing and vitriol. Unfortunately it also appeared to have taken the "punters" for granted and ended up in "if your not for us, you're against us".

A clear, mutually agreed buy out plan is what's needed for fans to back it. I was out off by the bullying tactics of some, because asking questions became a form of treachery.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenDevil View Post
    What's taken you all so long to realise we have been heading into the oblivion for years.

Same so called leaders...same outcome..we are a joke of a club right now.
    We obviously don't have your cynicism/self-loathing/sense of humour. (Delete as appropriate).

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Servant View Post
    Convincing people you have the ability to run the club is not made easier when you get caught out by a simple question like "what mandate do you have"?

The summer revolution was high on tub thumping, finger pointing and vitriol. Unfortunately it also appeared to have taken the "punters" for granted and ended up in "if your not for us, you're against us".

A clear, mutually agreed buy out plan is what's needed for fans to back it. I was out off by the bullying tactics of some, because asking questions became a form of treachery.
    Totally agree. It needs to be fronted by someone with experience in running a business as well as understanding and enthusiasm. The other suite of skills beneath that need to be assembled first from CFO on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Totally agree. It needs to be fronted by someone with experience in running a business as well as understanding and enthusiasm. The other suite of skills beneath that need to be assembled first from CFO on.
    I think we need to get an advert out to try and attract somebody that's really good at these sort of things, to come forward.

Yes, one of Scotland's richest men, a knight of the realm, as well as a Papal knight, needs the ego boost of running a club in a league on the fringes of Europe.

Why, he's so insecure that being able to say you we're pumped 7-0 at home in the Inter Toto cup, makes him feel like a big man.

When he's having a pint with his fellow squilliinaires on holiday, he'll drop into conversation that Lewis Stevenson regularly comes to parties at his house.

Rather than being an ego boost, I think that Hibs are Tom's dirty little secret. The thing he can turn to for an antidote against the addiction of success. It's things like that and going to Brewers Fayres for his tea that keep in touch with the man he really is.

Rosebud.

We obviously don't have your cynicism/self-loathing/sense of humour. (Delete as appropriate).
    Some would say wisdom

Maybe another relegation would make others wake up and see how low we have dropped.

Rosebud.
    Nice bit of psychoanalysis

I think we need to get an advert out to try and attract somebody that's really good at these sort of things, to come forward.
    Networks

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    People have come on here to canvass the Fans opinions of a Takover, e.g. asking whether we'd be willing to stump up money, and been rounded on by some posters.
    If by 'rounded on', you mean 'questioned', I agree. If I proposed something ambitious on the Internet, the first questions that I'd expect to be asked are "who are you?" and "what are your relevant qualifications/experience?".

I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm not for blindly following anyone just because I don't particularly like the alternative. I'm all for getting rid of Farmer and Petrie but only if they are replaced by people I trust to do the best thing for the club. To have that trust, I need information, not airy-fairy promises of things getting better by default.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenDevil View Post
    Some would say wisdom

Maybe another relegation would make others wake up and see how low we have dropped.
    I think everybody knows, if only we'd had your wisdom we might have prevented it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    Nice bit of psychoanalysis
    That will be £75 Tom.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I've got to presume we're all Hibs supporters and we have a common aim - a winning football team and that should be the prime consideration.

While I agree that everything in the garden is by no means rosy, what I don't agree with is the timing of the protests which at this time of the season, can only further unrest and divert everyone's attention away from the playing side.

Can we not wait until season end by which time we'll all have had an opportunity to fully assess the impact that the new Chief Executive and new Manager has had on the team and the scouting and coaching set ups?

I find myself of being in the rather unusual position of being absoutely speachless.

Didn't last too long though

So, to summarise what we need:

1) Someone with sufficient funds to buy the club outright. I am unclear of where the "club" ends and the "holding company" starts but for the purposes of discussion, we'll just work on the assumption we want someone to have ownership and sufficient shares to control both...that would include assets such as Easter Road Stadium and East Mains. So, we can safely assume that the land itself, putting aside all else will stop all talk of Hibs being worth £2-£3m?

2) Someone who accept, and have the means to service our current debts and liabilties and in addition, someone who could quickly dig us out any future situations that may necessitate it i.e. "put in money". NB topical point of discussion "the rangers" and their need for a share issue i.e. money to keep afloat....

3) In addition, this someone must also be willing to/have the means to "invest in the team" (otherwise points 1 and 2 above are covered by Tom Farmer)...so, to be fair - we're looking for someone to put cash in to help us speculate to accumulate at best or to take a punt on some fitba players and let us hope they dont get broken legs and get a return of investment.

4) Finally, the individual needs to be trustworthy, intelligent, worldly, smart, sufficiently minted to purchase the above and keep it all ticking over and (lets be honest) not be looking to make anything from said "investment".

Sorted.

I'm gonna go find this punter now, whilst hunting down Lord Lucan and Shergar...

NB - I'd be delighted if we got rid of Petrie. I wouldn't be sad if Tom Farmer sold Hibs....but ONLY to someone who has the same or more cash, who doesn't have an alternative agenda and ideally someone who would actually improve over what we have. Otherwise, what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    I find myself of being in the rather unusual position of being absoutely speachless.

1) Someone with sufficient funds to buy the club outright. I am unclear of where the "club" ends and the "holding company" starts but for the purposes of discussion, we'll just work on the assumption we want someone to have ownership and sufficient shares to control both...that would include assets such as Easter Road Stadium and East Mains. So, we can safely assume that the land itself, putting aside all else will stop all talk of Hibs being worth £2-£3m?

2) Someone who accept, and have the means to service our current debts and liabilties and in addition, someone who could quickly dig us out any future situations that may necessitate it i.e. "put in money". NB topical point of discussion "the rangers" and their need for a share issue i.e. money to keep afloat....

3) In addition, this someone must also be willing to/have the means to "invest in the team" (otherwise points 1 and 2 above are covered by Tom Farmer)...so, to be fair - we're looking for someone to put cash in to help us speculate to accumulate at best or to take a punt on some fitba players and let us hope they dont get broken legs and get a return of investment.

4) Finally, the individual needs to be trustworthy, intelligent, worldly, smart, sufficiently minted to purchase the above and keep it all ticking over and (lets be honest) not be looking to make anything from said "investment".

Sorted.

I'm gonna go find this punter now, whilst hunting down Lord Lucan and Shergar...

NB - I'd be delighted if we got rid of Petrie. I wouldn't be sad if Tom Farmer sold Hibs....but ONLY to someone who has the same or more cash, who doesn't have an alternative agenda and ideally someone who would actually improve over what we have. Otherwise, what is the point?
    Well said that man!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

Sorted.

Elementary really.

Little thought has gone in to this at all, as you'll see, but what if STF kept the stadium and East Mains, and the team was sold to a supporters group who receive all income and pay rent for the stadium and East Mains? I'll be the treasurer

Blog Entries

Sorted.

I will check the grounds of the Royal Ed. Anybody prepared to try the pubs in Great Junction Street? It's bound to narrow the search down.

Anybody who has a Wikipedia account has the opportunity to update a page.

STFs Wiki page mentions his ownership of Hibs and also that he does not have an interest in football. I have tried but failed to create an account. What I was going to add was:

Unlike his other businesses Hibernian under Farmer's ownership, though reasonably well run off the field, has performed extremely poorly on the field, in recent years suffering some of the most humiliating results in the clubs history, culminating in relegation from the top division of Scottish football at the end of the 13 / 14 season. The club has been relegated only three times in its 139 year history, two of these since Farmer became owner.

Though affection for Sir Tom Farmer remains strong amongst the Hibernian support for his pivotal role in saving the club, in recent times there has been a growing sense on the terraces at Easter Road that as owner of the club his refusal to take any part in its day to day running ( instead delegating this to his associate, accountant Rod Petrie ) has lead to an ingrained and deep rooted apathy within the club, and in many supporters eyes ambivalence towards its on field failure. Farmer's ongoing refusal to make any comment relating to the clubs decline or its future has angered many supporters, with accusations made that they are being disrespected and ignored by him.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 02-09-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Anybody who has a Wikipedia account has the opportunity to update a page.

STFs Wiki page mentions his ownership of Hibs and also that he does not have an interest in football. I have tried but failed to create an account. What I was going to add was:

Unlike his other businesses Hibernian under Farmer's ownership, though reasonably well run off the field, has performed extremely poorly on the field, in recent years suffering some of the most humiliating results in the clubs history, culminating in relegation from the top division of Scottish football at the end of the 13 / 14 season. The club has been relegated only three times in its 139 year history, two of these since Farmer became owner.

Though affection for Sir Tom Farmer remains strong amongst the Hibernian support for his pivotal role in saving the club, in recent times there has been a growing sense on the terraces at Easter Road that as owner of the club his refusal to take any part in its day to day running ( instead delegating this to his associate, accountant Rod Petrie ) has lead to an ingrained and deep rooted apathy within the club, and in many supporters eyes ambivalence towards its on field failure. Farmer's ongoing refusal to make any comment relating to the clubs decline or its future has angered many supporters, with accusations made that they are being disrespected and ignored by him.
    Not in my name.

I will check the grounds of the Royal Ed. Anybody prepared to try the pubs in Great Junction Street? It's bound to narrow the search down.

On fire Boaby!

Will be forever grateful to Farmer for the way he stepped in and saved this club from the clutches of Mercer. Without him we may have lost our club altogether. However, he is doing nothing to help take the club forward and out of the mess we are in. Time to step aside and hand over to someone or some group that has far more drive and desire to invest and take this club forward and back to where we should be.

Not in my name.
    What part of it was inaccurate?

Blog Entries
    What part of it was inaccurate?
    You want to go playing games with real people's lives, go ahead. I just wanted to say I'm not in favour of those tactics.

You want to go playing games with real people's lives, go ahead. I just wanted to say I'm not in favour of those tactics.
    I don't see it as playing games BS ...... I would never consider putting something on Wiki which was untrue or defamatory in nature. I have at no time said that STF was deliberately neglecting Hibs. What I said was in the opinion of some ( not all ) fans his way of running the club in relation to its lack of success on the pitch was seen as neglect and his ongoing refusal to directly engage with the clubs supporters was increasingly viewed by some as disrespectful ....... or worse dismissive of them.

I pay £405 a year for a season ticket and more than that on petrol and Hibs related merchandise. In the 20 odd years STF has owned Hibs my expenditure on the club runs into thousands of pounds ...... more than some considerably less than many. If you remove the emotional side and looked at this as if we were talking about Kwik Fit would it be unreasonable to comment in a negative way if my customer experience was bad.

The money we spend as supporters is very real. That makes our right to expect the owner to explain why the product we are paying for has been sub standard for so long and what he intends to do about it legitimate and far from unreasonable. If the owner refuses to show me the minimum of respect due to a customer of his business then other avenues of making him man up must be explored.

My life is every bit as real as Tom Farmer's and the big part of it I devote to Hibs both emotionally and financially deserves more respect than dumb silence.

Blog Entries
    I don't see it as playing games BS ...... I would never consider putting something on Wiki which was untrue or defamatory in nature. I have at no time said that STF was deliberately neglecting Hibs. What I said was in the opinion of some ( not all ) fans his way of running the club in relation to its lack of success on the pitch was seen as neglect and his ongoing refusal to directly engage with the clubs supporters was increasingly viewed by some as disrespectful ....... or worse dismissive of them.

I pay £405 a year for a season ticket and more than that on petrol and Hibs related merchandise. In the 20 odd years STF has owned Hibs my expenditure on the club runs into thousands of pounds ...... more than some considerably less than many. If you remove the emotional side and looked at this as if we were talking about Kwik Fit would it be unreasonable to comment in a negative way if my customer experience was bad.

The money we spend as supporters is very real. That makes our right to expect the owner to explain why the product we are paying for has been sub standard for so long and what he intends to do about it legitimate and far from unreasonable. If the owner refuses to show me the minimum of respect due to a customer of his business then other avenues of making him man up must be explored.

My life is every bit as real as Tom Farmer's and the big part of it I devote to Hibs both emotionally and financially deserves more respect than dumb silence.
    You have no rights at all other than to withhold your admission money. Fair enough it's an emotional thing for you, but you typify this modern idea that the customer can do whatever they want.

I think changing his Wikipaedia page is silly, and is something he'll laugh off. It's your business though, I just wanted it on record that not every Hibs fan sees targeting Tom Farner personally as a legitimate tactic.
    Last edited by Phil D. Rolls; 03-09-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Get over yourself. You have no rights at all other than to withhold your admission money. Fair enough it's an emotional thing for you, but you typify this modern idea that the customer can do whatever they want.

I think changing his Wikipaedia page is silly, and is something he'll laugh off. It's your business though, I just wanted it on record that not every Hibs fan sees targeting Tom Farner personally as a legitimate tactic.
    Calling putting into print the failings of Hibs under his tenure on his Wiki page a personal attack is no more true than calling the umpteen paragraphs before the Hibs bit on Wiki lauding his business acumen and philanthropy kissing his arse.

You are right about the customer bit ........ mind you any football club which treats its supporters as mere customers is storing up a world of trouble.