hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather win nothing than win anything the way they won it.

Some people aren't half putting the effort in to make a case for them.

Me too. I'm not interested in ripping off small businesses / taxpayers / council taxpayers etc.. to win trophies. It's unfortunate that the football authorities allow it to happen, and that **** are able to take advantage of that in pursuit of shallow victory, but it's not for me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    I've seen it all now. There are Hibs fans on his thread actually saying they would swap for what they have and how they achieved it?

Mental.

Get a grip folks.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Why wouldn't you? They cheated and got away with it. We played the honest game. We're in deeper **** than them.

Be honest with yourself.

Swap teams? Never. Swap the positions of the two? Yes.
    Being honest: If we had had the success they have had (itself not that impressive when you consider the scale of their cheating) and it then turned out to have been built on corruption at a level which only rangers could compete with, then I would have turned my back on my club and walked away, no question.
    ​#PERSEVERED

The sad thing is in this question of morals is that Hearts only 'got away with it' because Scottish football is so crap. If last seasons SPL had one more game we would have gone straight down and Killie probably would have been in the playoff and that pile of Brad Pitt who had won 4 of their last 5 probably would have stayed up. And our Championship is so bad that they can gut their team for a second time in a few months and sit unbeaten atop the division. (We have to give them some credit for getting players who perform to their ability).

Football being a business is as devoid of morals as any other. The difference up here is you can 'get away' with it in a footballing sense whereas if you took a hit in England and I am sure other European countries a second level team like Hearts, (compared to Celtic and Rangers when they were in the SPL) going down would struggle to get back up. Administration in England for decent size teams affects them for years. In Scotland our league and media are so biased they completely overlook the 'morals' of who might have been screwed over in the process and babble on about we need all the 'big' teams and 'Oh, what a shame for these poor young lads'.

And us as a fan group last year, gloating over their demise, not thinking we would be going down with them, all quite happy in the 'knowledge' that the would not be able to afford good players, they would have to live within their means and playing against them on a level playing field.

But what galls me the most in this affair is that for all the trouble they were in, all the talk of having to sell this player, that player, sell Tynecastle they still OWN one thing they won't have to sell.....us. Alas, Hearts will not be remembered for going into admin and everyone will just laugh that they fell for Vlad's CL glory and 50,000 stadium. The reason people do not like them is not for their lack of morals but their arrogance, an arrogance that in my opinion, in recent years has just been fuelled by lording it over us. Ok, they won the Cup a couple of times beating us 4-0 and 5-1 but it is not as if they have won the league, or reached CL group stages. We sustain their arrogance with our ineptitude.

I think that is why deep down I really wanted them to die because I know that they could gut their team any time the want to, go and pick up a few players who are not considered particularly good and still beat us.

Would I swap places with them? Like Charles the First would swap places with Cromwell. Another loser who though he had the moral high ground!

I still want them to die so why should I want Hibs to swap places with them.

P.S. I have kept pretty quiet recently as I don't like coming on here and slagging our players as individuals but I can feel the anger and dismay mounting daily as I watch another season nearing the precipice. Still I will wait to see what Hibs do today and am still hopeful that we have a trick up our transfer sleeve today!!

Tomorrow? another day and possibly another mood swing

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Yes. To anyone who says no - do you think we'd be wanting to swap if the tables were turned? They might have cheated, but they're paying their dues now. We're just really, really crap. So crap, top to bottom, and only look like getting crapper.

Never.

@hibs.net private member
    Depends what you mean by swap positions?

Would I rather we had a team who was 1st with a team capable of winning the league rather than 8th with a crap team? Yes, very much so.

Would I like to be Hearts? No, never.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

Would I rather we had a team who was 1st with a team capable of winning the league rather than 8th with a crap team? Yes, very much so.

If the question was solely about the football side of it, ie. would we prefer to be top, unbeaten, well.....emmm, let me think.

The question is do we think the means, cheating and stealing, justifes the ends? We can't pick and choose parts of it and say, 'Well, not the poppy money theft, but screwing over a few Lithuanians is ok'.

There is a world of difference between managing debt and stealing & cheating.

It's YES or NO and frankly I would have problems justifying cheating and theft in any situation.

NO!!!

Except on the 18th

Quote Originally Posted by GGTTH07 View Post
    Probably. Not going to lie, sorry people.
    Is that you Terry???

Has it always been a part of your ambition to cast pensioners onto the streets, to beg for food for the rest of their lives?
    Plunder someones entire life savings so Mr Ebou (sp) can get £11,000 a week?

If so, you sound like the type of backstabbing, hypocritical, lying, cheating person we adore - why not come and join us today down Gorgie way?
    On your way here, you can learn our theme song as well:

To the tune of "sing when your winning"

Quick, grab the poppies,
    Their backs are turned, grab the poppies
    etc, etc.

NO

I despair about this place sometimes. We constantly go on about the team having fight and showing guts, and now we have a thread about swapping with our biggest rivals!?! And folk actually saying they would?! Thats no surprise after reading the match thread on sat when posters were more interested in telling us how great the yams were!?!? Jeez. It seems that some folk take every opportunity to tell us how great they are. The soft underbelly of this club runs deep. **** them, never ever ever would i swap with them.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    If we swapped positions with them at least their sisters would see a different face. I would love the SC wins but my sense of morals and fair play would always make me feel like the low life cheating filth that they are. It's tough being Hibs at the moment but that is what makes it all the sweeter when we do come good.
    No thanks I'm a Hibby and always will be and have never ever felt like swapping anything with them.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    The sad thing is in this question of morals is that Hearts only 'got away with it' because Scottish football is so crap. If last seasons SPL had one more game we would have gone straight down and Killie probably would have been in the playoff and that pile of Brad Pitt who had won 4 of their last 5 probably would have stayed up. And our Championship is so bad that they can gut their team for a second time in a few months and sit unbeaten atop the division. (We have to give them some credit for getting players who perform to their ability).

Football being a business is as devoid of morals as any other. The difference up here is you can 'get away' with it in a footballing sense whereas if you took a hit in England and I am sure other European countries a second level team like Hearts, (compared to Celtic and Rangers when they were in the SPL) going down would struggle to get back up. Administration in England for decent size teams affects them for years. In Scotland our league and media are so biased they completely overlook the 'morals' of who might have been screwed over in the process and babble on about we need all the 'big' teams and 'Oh, what a shame for these poor young lads'.

And us as a fan group last year, gloating over their demise, not thinking we would be going down with them, all quite happy in the 'knowledge' that the would not be able to afford good players, they would have to live within their means and playing against them on a level playing field.

But what galls me the most in this affair is that for all the trouble they were in, all the talk of having to sell this player, that player, sell Tynecastle they still OWN one thing they won't have to sell.....us. Alas, Hearts will not be remembered for going into admin and everyone will just laugh that they fell for Vlad's CL glory and 50,000 stadium. The reason people do not like them is not for their lack of morals but their arrogance, an arrogance that in my opinion, in recent years has just been fuelled by lording it over us. Ok, they won the Cup a couple of times beating us 4-0 and 5-1 but it is not as if they have won the league, or reached CL group stages. We sustain their arrogance with our ineptitude.

I think that is why deep down I really wanted them to die because I know that they could gut their team any time the want to, go and pick up a few players who are not considered particularly good and still beat us.

Would I swap places with them? Like Charles the First would swap places with Cromwell. Another loser who though he had the moral high ground!

I still want them to die so why should I want Hibs to swap places with them.

P.S. I have kept pretty quiet recently as I don't like coming on here and slagging our players as individuals but I can feel the anger and dismay mounting daily as I watch another season nearing the precipice. Still I will wait to see what Hibs do today and am still hopeful that we have a trick up our transfer sleeve today!!

Tomorrow? another day and possibly another mood swing
    We finished 12 points ahead of hearts so 1 more game would have made no difference

United we stand here....

Rob charities and small businesses to cheat our way to a bit of success? no thanks. Obviously it would be great to win trophies etc etc. but knowing that people lost their jobs, charities for good causes have been penny pinched etc. in order for us to cheat our way to it is not a nice thought.

When our time comes in the future - we will have won it honestly and not had to cheat/thieve/con our way to it.

To answer your question - I wouldn't swap places with that vile, bigotted, arrogant, cheating, robbing, scabby little joke of a club for all the trophies and glory in the world.

Sorry, but IMHO, threads like this just give THEM more reasons to laugh at us. Swap places? Aye right! When we finally end up playing in the EoS league, I'll still be going

Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowHibee View Post
    Having a few late night thoughts to myself and this got me wondering, would anyone swap positions with the horrible mob from Gorgie?

Let's have a bit of a recap, they cheated their way to Cup Final's, European trips and 2nd place, amongst many other things. They survived administration and a potential liquidation against almost all odds. They've emerged 10x stronger - both financially and football squad side of things - than before relegation and have also started this season really well.

Meanwhile we tried to do things the proper way, invested in the stadium, invested in youth facilities, sold our homegrown players, for a lot of £££ with no actual "success".

So that's the question, would you swap positions with Hearts for everything that's happened in the past 10 years?

No. Because that would make me a Jambo. I am a Hibs fan, through and through. Through thick and thin, ups and downs. Sometimes we will play well, sometimes we will be dire. Sometimes we will challenge near the top, sometimes we will be relegated. There is more to being a Hibs fan than seeing Hibs win a match on a Saturday.

Yes I probably would.

BBC are slapping Hearts on the back now all the "cheating" is long frogotten.

The only people that care about Hearts cheating are Hibs fans football has no morals just look at Saurez for confirmation.

@hibs.net private member
    This scenario is akin to having an inbred sleazebag acquaintance who somehow has a beautiful and desireable sister.

You find out that said sleazebag has been ****ging his beautiful desireable sister for a number of years - you discuss it with a mate and he says - aye but wouldn't you like to swap places with him???

Answer - of course you'd love to be in his position - but if that actually meant BEING the inbred sleazebag then you would have to say - NOT IN A MILLION YEARS

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Would I like to have seen us win a couple of Scottish Cups before I snuff it beating Hearts 5-1 in one of the finals? Beating Hearts home and away on a regular basis like the 60s and 70s? Of course I would. Too bloody right I would.

depends... Do I get to say "5-1" all the time?

No I wouldn't. I am a Hibs fan end of and their 'success' was bought.

However whether we like it or not they have got out of jail free and are swaggering like invincible drunks. We have screwed up monumentally. Just as we should be rubbing them in it they, again, are laughing at us.

I am no historian, but I guess in the 138 year struggle for Edinburgh supremacy one would need to go back to the 1930's to find such a gap between their support and ours. I still think all guns blazing we are at least as well supported as them, but 25 years underperformance is taking its toll. We need pretty urgently to get our act together.

Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    No I wouldn't. I am a Hibs fan end of and their 'success' was bought.

However whether we like it or not they have got out of jail free and are swaggering like invincible drunks. We have screwed up monumentally. Just as we should be rubbing them in it they, again, are laughing at us.

I am no historian, but I guess in the 138 year struggle for Edinburgh supremacy one would need to go back to the 1930's to find such a gap between their support and ours. I still think all guns blazing we are at least as well supported as them, but 25 years underperformance is taking its toll. We need pretty urgently to get our act together.
    This is the concerning bit. If we don't pick up as a club soon, we will be the laughing stock of Edinburgh, and those Baloons will end up being the 'Big' club they always think they are. I agree that support wise, they could at best argue 10-20% more than us over the last 60 years.

If they sustain twice our crowds for very long, we won't be in a position to compete. Tynecastle is their main problem, but Ive no faith that they won't squirm something in their favour in that regard.

In short, Hibs get your act together!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

This post more or less sums it up for me, and of course I would love to see Hibs win the Scottish Cup at long last, and get that monkey of the club's and supporters backs.

Yaks recent Scottish Cup successes will in my mind be forever tainted with the smell of cheating, no matter how much they and their pals in the media try to sweep it all under the carpet.

I would rather eat s*** than be a Yam. An odious arrogant club which attracts similar people as its supporters.

Hibs until I die.