hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: In 1998

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In 1998

How far behind were we at this point?

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's irrelevant. Different league and a different world financially.

Just say Hearts lose 10 games this season and Rangers do likewise, in simple terms we can only afford to lose another 6 if we are to win the league. We have to visit Tynecastle once and Ibrox twice in that time and away games at Kircaldy, Dumfries and Falkirk will be no walk in the park either. I don't see Hearts or Rangers losing as many as 10 ganes either, looking at both their benches yesterday they actually seem to have something resembling strength in depth.

I know it's not the done thing but I will say it: we have absolutely no chance of winning the league.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

IIRC we took 8 out of the first 18 points and were bang mid table, although we did have the likes of Latapy and Paatelainen so don't think we were as hysterical as we are now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Just say Hearts lose 10 games this season and Rangers do likewise, in simple terms we can only afford to lose another 6 if we are to win the league. We have to visit Tynecastle once and Ibrox twice in that time and away games at Kircaldy, Dumfries and Falkirk will be no walk in the park either. I don't see Hearts or Rangers losing as many as 10 ganes either, looking at both their benches yesterday they actually seem to have something resembling strength in depth.

I know it's not the done thing but I will say it: we have absolutely no chance of winning the league.
    Tend to agree PB, just a wee bit of wishful thinking on my part. This team is not set up for promotion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    IIRC we took 8 out of the first 18 points and were bang mid table, although we did have the likes of Latapy and Paatelainen so don't think we were as hysterical as we are now.
    Latapy didn't come in until the second quarter. Get your point though, we can't - or won't - buy ourselves out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Hate to say but I think you're spot-on.