hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FAO Leanne dempster

U said u were in charge, the day to day running of the club is down to you. GET IT SORTED. This club is a laughing stock.

2. Log in to remove the advert

If I was her I'd be signing off sick this week as she is going to take some awful flack for a position she has inherited!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by kj79 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I was her I'd be signing off sick this week as she is going to take some awful flack for a position she has inherited!
    If I was her, I think when I got home I would pour myself a glass of cold white wine, put my feet up and ask myself....'what have I got myself into,?'

I know she likes a challenge, but I doubt for a moment she thought it would be this hard.

Any chief executive is answerable to the owner. I never really thought that replacing Petrie with Dempster was going to make much of a difference unless Tom Farmer either radically changes his approach or sells the club.

Very difficult job, which I have no doubt she's getting paid handsomely for. I just don't see an awful lot changing until we change owners for someone who wants to invest for sporting success.

Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    U said u were in charge, the day to day running of the club is down to you. GET IT SORTED. This club is a laughing stock.
    She does as shes told

She said our ambition was to win the league this year.

Our actions, or lack thereof, in the transfer market suggest to me that she lied. She should be answerable for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Our actions, or lack thereof, in the transfer market suggest to me that she lied. She should be answerable for that.
    All the noises from the club implied that, while it would be nice to win the league, basically we were going for play offs. In this way we could say we going for promotion at the first time of asking. In short we bottled it, took the cheap option again. If Leanne had vision she would have realised that we needed to make a really big summer signing spree, which would have kick started supporters into buying season tickets. The way the club is run almost guarantees that fans are lost bit by bit every year.

PB no doubt she said what she wanted us to hear. Also a bit of it will have been to shift more tickets.

Hibs have not shown any signs of wanting to win the league this summer. My what the hell is going on was correct from the day i posted it.
    Cougars!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Spot on.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    It's not looking good admittedly but we're only 4 games into the season so I'm not going to jump off the Forth Bridge just yet. A change of ownership doesn't necessarily mean that the Players will be capable of producing improved performances - that's the remit of the coaches and of course the players themselves.

And so for some of the blame already being attributed to Leanne Dempster and our new Manager then words fail me.

@hibs.net private member
    Fans not renewing season tickets need to take some flack too. You cannot change the personnel without funds. They've done pretty well considering. Gray, Allen, Kennedy and Al Gooey all good signings.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Any chief executive is answerable to the owner. I never really thought that replacing Petrie with Dempster was going to make much of a difference unless Tom Farmer either radically changes his approach or sells the club.

Very difficult job, which I have no doubt she's getting paid handsomely for. I just don't see an awful lot changing until we change owners for someone who wants to invest for sporting success.
    Far too sensible a post hibbydog

Quote Originally Posted by Yeovil_Hibee View Post
    Fans not renewing season tickets need to take some flack too. You cannot change the personnel without funds. They've done pretty well considering. Gray, Allen, Kennedy and Al Gooey all good signings.
    Nope sorry don't buy that and I speak as a renewer. It's about time the club actually gave people an incentive to buy.

If you shopped in Tesco but their products got progressively worse over a 5 year period yet they charged prices comparable to Waitrose would you continue to shop there?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Is RP slipping you a tenner for your PM subs??

Investment doesn't guarantee instant success - look at Man United.

And we should have been capable of beating tiny Alloa yesterday with no investment at all, we didn't. I wasn't there so can't comment on the game itself but from what I read Alloa deserved their win mainly because their Players showed more pride, more desire and more adventure. Now that's the bit I find really worrying.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ten tickets bought in my family grand parents through to grand kids. I'm more to blame than anybody.

Farmer and petrie only understand one thing £££££££££££££ if season tickets fell off a cliff they would act. But we put up with this year after year

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    It's chicken and egg though many fans were no doubt looking for a clear statement of intent in terms of signings. For whatever reason we have been slower to get players in though we do need to still appreciate it is still very early days in the season. By Tuesday we will know how serious we are. Stubbs is doing the right thing IMO taking his time to get the right players in. His signings look good to me.

We have 7k seasons I think which given all that has happened is IMO a reasonable response by the fans.
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 31-08-2014 at 09:25 AM.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    It's not looking good admittedly but we're only 4 games into the season so I'm not going to jump off the Forth Bridge just yet. A change of ownership doesn't necessarily mean that the Players will be capable of producing improved performances - that's the remit of the coaches and of course the players themselves.

And so for some of the blame already being attributed to Leanne Dempster and our new Manager then words fail me.

Well they don't fail me.

You can cut it any way you like but we have a manager who doesn't have the team winning. We have a Chief Executive who appears to be failing in the aim of getting us back first time of asking. Regardless of the circumstances they are clearly failing in that objective to date.

If it is because of lack of players then that is either the fault of Stubbs for not finding and signing the players we need or it is the fault of Dempster - who has publicly stated that she is in charge - for not backing up Stubbs by delivering the resources needed to bring those players in. And if in either case it is not their fault because they are being stymied by others above them, then they are even more culpable because they are holding positions at the club for which they are drawing significant salaries while not being honest with us about what is going on.

And when you consider all of the above against the ticking parcel that is the closing window for transfers I'd say we have every right to be extremely pessimistic about what is coming next. Particularly when we were already about 5 players short of what we need - before Farid got injured.

In naval terms I believe the whole thing would be known as dereliction of duty.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Well they don't fail me.

You can cut it any way you like but we have a manager who doesn't have the team winning. We have a Chief Executive who appears to be failing in the aim of getting us back first time of asking. Regardless of the circumstances they are clearly failing in that objective to date.

If it is because of lack of players then that is either the fault of Stubbs for not finding and signing the players we need or it is the fault of Dempster - who has publicly stated that she is in charge - for not backing up Stubbs by delivering the resources needed to bring those players in. And if in either case it is not their fault because they are being stymied by others above them, then they are even more culpable because they are holding positions at the club for which they are drawing significant salaries while not being honest with us about what is going on.

And when you consider all of the above against the ticking parcel that is the closing window for transfers I'd say we have every right to be extremely pessimistic about what is coming next. Particularly when we were already about 5 players short of what we need - before Farid got injured.

In naval terms I believe the whole thing would be known as dereliction of duty.

Yes, I understand some of that but neither you nor I know what efforts have already been made to sign players. We're in the so called Championship which I suspect, is not an attractive proposition for "quality" players. However I hope that signing Players for the sake of signing Players is long behind us - the last few years have surely proved that.

Utter *****.

We've got the 5th highest amount of season ticket holders in Scotland after Celtic, The Rangers, Hertz and Aberdeen.

That should be plenty enough resources to compete against Falkirk, Dumbarton and Alloa.

Inverness and newly promoted Hamilton have a quarter of the number of season ticket holders we have (infact probably less) and are sitting 1st and 2nd respectively in the Premiership. We're sitting 8th in the Championship.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Yes, I understand some of that but neither you nor I know what efforts have already been made to sign players. We're in the so called Championship which I suspect, is not an attractive proposition for "quality" players. However I hope that signing Players for the sake of signing Players is long behind us - the last few years have surely proved that.
    I couldn't give a flying ****** what 'efforts' may have been made to sign players. We have either signed them or we have not. So far we have not. That means we are failing.

We can't field players we have attempted but failed to sign. There is a 24 hour window left and once again we are grubbing around at the tail end of it hoping to sign kids, journeymen and other team's rejects.

We are at a point in this club's history where actions are everything and talk is nothing. We need to send a message to these jokers and I'd start by boycotting all interaction with Dempster until we see real change. You can't spin a cobblers line about good intentions and ambitions to an empty room.

We don't need someone to describe the journey to the promised land to us, we need someone to back up their stated intent with real action to materially improve the team on the park. Everything else is verbal onanism for the Hibernian supporting masses.

I couldn't give a flying ****** what 'efforts' may have been made to sign players. We have either signed them or we have not. So far we have not. That means we are failing.

We can't field players we have attempted but failed to sign. There is a 24 hour window left and once again we are grubbing around at the tail end of it hoping to sign kids, journeymen and other team's rejects.

We are at a point in this club's history where actions are everything and talk is nothing. We need to send a message to these jokers and I'd start by boycotting all interaction with Dempster until we see real change. You can't spin a cobblers line about good intentions and ambitions to an empty room.

We don't need someone to describe the journey to the promised land to us, we need someone to back up their stated intent with real action to materially improve the team on the park. Everything else is verbal onanism for the Hibernian supporting masses.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Aye come the revolution everything will be fine in the land of milk and honey.

Left by mutual consent!
    She has said the buck stops with her. If we don't get Leigh she is gona get absolute pelters at the next LWT meeting. One win out of 4 in what is basically a pub team league. A disgrace.

Aye come the revolution everything will be fine in the land of milk and honey.
    We are Scotland's 5th biggest club ..... on a good day possibly its 4th biggest.

Finishing third in the top league and winning a cup is a target which a club of our size should realistically aim for at the start of a season.

All of a sudden that target became making the top six and maybe a cup semi.

Then the target became staying in the top league.

Then the target became winning the Championship.

Now the target is hopefully make the Championship play offs.

Exactly how low do the fortunes of the club have to go before 'revolution' stops being something to laugh about and deride and start being something that is an imperative to the clubs survival as any sort of force in Scottish football.

For my part the way things are going under this lot we had better maintain our current good relations with Spartans because it wont be too many years until we are ground sharing with them.

But as Sir Tom says ......... as long as we have a club to support eh!

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar

Excellent 10/10

Left by mutual consent!
    Hopefully she can tell those at the meeting who is signing 😉

Left by mutual consent!
    You are also a big part off the problem. I've never read so much keech in all my life. It's a pity more fans DIDNT renew then this dictatorship would have little choice but to resign or heavily put money in but year on year people continue to be patronised and pandered too

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    We are Scotland's 5th biggest club ..... on a good day possibly its 4th biggest.

Finishing third in the top league and winning a cup is a target which a club of our size should realistically aim for at the start of a season.

All of a sudden that target became making the top six and maybe a cup semi.

Then the target became staying in the top league.

Then the target became winning the Championship.

Now the target is hopefully make the Championship play offs.

Exactly how low do the fortunes of the club have to go before 'revolution' stops being something to laugh about and deride and start being something that is an imperative to the clubs survival as any sort of force in Scottish football.

For my part the way things are going under this lot we had better maintain our current good relations with Spartans because it wont be too many years until we are ground sharing with them.

But as Sir Tom says ......... as long as we have a club to support eh!
    I've said all along that TF and RP will still think we are a success as we are still trundling along and managing to keep the debt to a respectable level, they don't give a flying f*** whether we win or lose and what division we play in, do you think that pair will be sitting fuming this morning about yesterdays result ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Servant View Post
    R ther N/A yams n 2day?
    What a weird post.