hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: write off

write off

Lets face it we might as well write this season off and use it to rebuild. ..id rather be promoted next season as champions than go up this season in a play off.... plus we really don't look like going up at all this season. .....an another thing im pished and i still love the hibs

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lets face it we might as well write this season off and use it to rebuild. ..id rather be promoted next season as champions than go up this season in a play off.... plus we really don't look like going up at all this season. .....an another thing im pished and i still love the hibs
    Whit

Left by mutual consent!
    I understand your logic, but there is no guarantee that we will be favourites, or indeed, be good enough to go up the following season as champions.

Left by mutual consent!
    That's a horrible idea.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Third or fourth is still achievable, and in all reality that was all we could expect anyway?

Blog Entries
    Alcohol makes people say daft things it's early days.

Yeah let's just write off another season, like the last one, and the one before that, and that one before that............

We wrote off last year in December and ended up relegated

we were supposed to be doin that last season and the 1 before and the 1 before that .... and the 1 before that

we are in a perpetual cycle of writing off the season and rebuilding

except every time its rebuilt we end up even worse than before

We have been rebuilding for years. If we are still totally unprepared for a genuine push for the title after this transfer window closes then we have been spun a line by the club yet again.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I suspect that is the plan anyway

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    The thing is, you can only rebuild in the summer and it's almost gone.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    We have been rebuilding for years. If we are still totally unprepared for a genuine push for the title after this transfer window closes then we have been spun a line by the club yet again.
    M59 we have been mismanaged for years not rebuilding.

And you say IF mate you can almost guarantee we won't be prepared. Penny pinching and spin will never change as long as Petrie is at the club.... Regardless of his position/capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    M59 we have been mismanaged for years not rebuilding.

And you say IF mate you can almost guarantee we won't be prepared. Penny pinching and spin will never change as long as Petrie is at the club.... Regardless of his position/capacity
    Removing Petrie now will make no difference at all. The owner is the only person who can make any significant changes in policy regarding investment in the first team. The signs of that happening is not good.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

We need new owners

Once again,4 games into a season,we are asking if our season is over or looking forward to a January window or summer for another clear out.This has been the case for 6 years or more,we never seem to get the timings of sackings or signings right.Its no coincidence that Hearts made their managerial changes and signings early and now sit top of the league,the people running our club do not have a clue,the lack of preparation is staggering,Tin hat on here but maybe it would have been better to leave Butcher in charge to finish the clear out and build a totally new team of hungry,ambitious players(I believe he had lined up 10 players)who would have had all pre-season to work together.What happens in January if we are still struggling with this squad ,does our clueless board sack Stubbs and then start another re-build??.i feel that while Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie are in charge of the club we will continue on our downward spiral and that we may have missed our chance to get rid of them in the summer-I don't understand why people say be careful of what you wish for because things could not get any worse for Hibs.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hiberactive View Post
    Once again,4 games into a season,we are asking if our season is over or looking forward to a January window or summer for another clear out.This has been the case for 6 years or more,we never seem to get the timings of sackings or signings right.Its no coincidence that Hearts made their managerial changes and signings early and now sit top of the league,the people running our club do not have a clue,the lack of preparation is staggering,Tin hat on here but maybe it would have been better to leave Butcher in charge to finish the clear out and build a totally new team of hungry,ambitious players(I believe he had lined up 10 players)who would have had all pre-season to work together.What happens in January if we are still struggling with this squad ,does our clueless board sack Stubbs and then start another re-build??.i feel that while Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie are in charge of the club we will continue on our downward spiral and that we may have missed our chance to get rid of them in the summer-I don't understand why people say be careful of what you wish for because things could not get any worse for Hibs.
    Looks like a fishin trip

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Looks like a fishin trip
    It's not a fishin trip,just don't know where we are going as a club- surely I'm allowed an opinion??

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    The thing is, you can only rebuild in the summer and it's almost gone.
    it's a pity we didn't think about it sooner.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hiberactive View Post

my thoughts exactly maybe that's why TB wasn't sacked until 16 days after the Hamilton game, maybe the board kept him on longer so he could take all the flak for booting out all the dross, i'm convinced we would have saw another couple of players from the present squad booted out/shifted on

Removing Petrie now will make no difference at all. The owner is the only person who can make any significant changes in policy regarding investment in the first team. The signs of that happening is not good.
    Your right. We need new ownership before we drop further into the abyss. We need to show some ambition, well the board/owners do.

But we have superb training facilities and a cracking stadium!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Your right. We need new ownership before we drop further into the abyss. We need to show some ambition, well the board/owners do.

And just how many goals have these things scored ? I am starting to HATE our board. I doubt if any of them could even SPELL Hibs. Petrie/Farmer out, Kano in.

Except that like all emperors it depends on who has their ear! Let's not pretend ourselves that STF is now ignoring and not consulting the man he wished he had a hundred of.

And let's cut CrazyHibby some slack. He did admit to being drunk. I left the pub in Paris last night in a real fould mood and came home early but managed to resist the temptation to post on here lasdt night. This is my first 'post game post' and I am still gutted looking at the state we are in.

Hearts, administration and relegation, gutted their team TWICE, new management team and they sit atop the table with a 100% record beating their three main rivals along the way and have scored 12 goals in their first four games, more than we have in about a dozen or so competitive games.

Now I know we just have to worry about oursleves but hell, it is not easy being 9 points behind them.

However, Hibs have about 36 hours to get Griffiths and hopefully someone else and I will not give up. We know we need sunstantially more added to our squad, but a hitman like Griffiths with Kennedy, Allan and hopefully another signing we will score and win and confidence will grow within the whole team. I still think Cummings can come good and I would be hopeful that playing alongside Griffiths would really bring his game on.

I am not saying we get Griffiths and another player then everything is fine in Gotham City but if we don't get Griffiths I really think this team is screwed for this year. Aiming for 3rd or 4th is not acceptable to me and imagine if we were to finish in a lower playoff position, assuming we have this squad and have just stumbled along into playoff contention, does anyone really believe we could be Hearts or Rangers home and away? Without significant additions to this squad it is going to be unbearable, even for us 'foreigners' who are not paying and travelling every week to watch, to depend on Craig, Heffernan and Robertson to guide us to the SPL. Remember Kennedy is only here until January.

I do not think we will go down, but can anyone really believe that this squad would be closer to the top end of the table than the bottom end?

So, roll on Monday and let us see what unfolds. I have not yet given up on this season but tomorrow looms large in the big picture.
    Last edited by SanFranHibs; 31-08-2014 at 08:49 AM. Reason: tpyos

I know you are being a sarcastic about East Mains and the East but I think it does bring up an interesting point about Hibs and priorities. I'm not saying those things weren't needed.

However this summer Hibs have their priorities all wrong imo. I'm sure I'll take some flak for this but I stand by it; I don't give a **** about talking shops, community interaction, link ups with local clubs, more interaction with fans etc etc. Half of that stuff seems to have been typical Hibs 'that'll do' and half hearted anyway. What I care about is a winning 1st team. Without that all the other stuff fails and the sooner the club realises that the better.

I should add I mean no disrespect to people who give up their time to be involved in this stuff. Your work should compliment what the football team is doing, not used as a smokescreen for the CEO and chairman to hide behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I know you are being a sarcastic about East Mains and the East but I think it does bring up an interesting point about Hibs and priorities. I'm not saying those things weren't needed.

However this summer Hibs have their priorities all wrong imo. I'm sure I'll take some flak for this but I stand by it; I don't give a **** about talking shops, community interaction, link ups with local clubs, more interaction with fans etc etc. Half of that stuff seems to have been typical Hibs 'that'll do' and half hearted anyway. What I care about is a winning 1st team. Without that all the other stuff fails and the sooner the club realises that the better.

I should add I mean no disrespect to people who give up their time to be involved in this stuff. Your work should compliment what the football team is doing, not used as a smokescreen for the CEO and chairman to hide behind.
    And it is a rare occasion that anyone has reason to compliment this team!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I know you are being a sarcastic about East Mains and the East but I think it does bring up an interesting point about Hibs and priorities. I'm not saying those things weren't needed. However this summer Hibs have their priorities all wrong imo. I'm sure I'll take some flak for this but I stand by it; I don't give a **** about talking shops, community interaction, link ups with local clubs, more interaction with fans etc etc. Half of that stuff seems to have been typical Hibs 'that'll do' and half hearted anyway. What I care about is a winning 1st team. Without that all the other stuff fails and the sooner the club realises that the better. I should add I mean no disrespect to people who give up their time to be involved in this stuff. Your work should compliment what the football team is doing, not used as a smokescreen for the CEO and chairman to hide behind.
    PB I am but surely it's about balancing the business. We have failed to do this season after season. EM and the east have been built at the expense of the team.... Yeah it all looks pretty etc but tbh we should of invested money into the team plain and simple.

I think what we do in the community is great and I think it's very important but I sometimes think the club uses it as a smokescreen or spin to avoid the real issues.

As you and others have mentioned we have no chance of doing anything, winning cups, leagues, Europe with the foresight and ambition of an owner who wants to drive the club forward. We are stagnant and Leanne Dempster stated that the clubs main ambition is promotion.... Words are cheap... Very cheap and at this moment in time I cannot see us getting out this division without a bit more drive and ambition from the board and owner.

PB I am but surely it's about balancing the business. We have failed to do this season after season. EM and the east have been built at the expense of the team.... Yeah it all looks pretty etc but tbh we should of invested money into the team plain and simple.

I think what we do in the community is great and I think it's very important but I sometimes think the club uses it as a smokescreen or spin to avoid the real issues.

As you and others have mentioned we have no chance of doing anything, winning cups, leagues, Europe with the foresight and ambition of an owner who wants to drive the club forward. We are stagnant and Leanne Dempster stated that the clubs main ambition is promotion.... Words are cheap... Very cheap and at this moment in time I cannot see us getting out this division without a bit more drive and ambition from the board and owner.
    It should be the club's ONLY ambition.

Hibs are a joke. They constantly find new ways to take the complete and utter piss out of us.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    you know what? I'm effing fed up of spending time rebuilding! look where it's got us!! I want instant success now! any thing less and there will be no money from me permanently! I'm really really angry with the proxy excuses, balancing the books, budgets and ***** over the last seven years!

no more excuses, time for action stf and rp before there is nothing left!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    you know what? I'm effing fed up of spending time rebuilding! look where it's got us!! I want instant success now! any thing less and there will be no money from me permanently! I'm really really angry with the proxy excuses, balancing the books, budgets and ***** over the last seven years!

no more excuses, time for action stf and rp before there is nothing left!
    - give up on this season and give up on c 2K walk ups and guarantee the continuation of the downward spiral we find ourselves in.

Hibs need to at least make us THINK they're seriously trying to get back up at the first time of asking - at the moment they're not doing a very good job of it

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Lets face it we might as well write this season off and use it to rebuild. ..id rather be promoted next season as champions than go up this season in a play off.... plus we really don't look like going up at all this season.
    That could be copied word for word from a club boardroom meeting.

The only thing to be written off at this stage is the month of August.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.