hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players Ratings

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think booth gets caught too far up the pitch, I seen Stubbs shouting and waving him back down the pitch against Falkirk. Perhaps as Kennedy is there and been going forward a lot, 2 players bombing forward is seen as too much of a risk to leave that defence short.

i agree Stevenson had a stinker, I don't think he is a super star but he is very rarely the worst player on the park. If we are starting a clear out, let's start with the ones that are the worst performers first?

Did Robertson not get his place right back for the Dumbarton game after being sent off against hearts?

i think your comment re Lewis letting the club down is over the top. Getting beat by hearts again and her lost his cool, if some of the other players showed that sort of passion ( granted not booting people) thn things would be better. You obviously don't like or rate him but you have put the boot right in and are over the top. According to you he isn't good enough and never will so shouldn't be playing but let the club down because we have a small squad! Surely his sending off would be a blessing as he couldn't play the next week.
    Lewis has consistently played in the worst hibs teams ever, at left back which everyone says isn't his position yet he's been there for years. If he's a midfielder and isn't good enough to get into this hibs midfield then he is truly terrible.

I agree with scoops post have been saying the same for ages but the guy has a fan club here so there is no way you can ever criticise anything he ever does without being accused of being too harsh or singling him out instead of others. He's been a consistent non performer like most of the team last season and is part of the malaise just like Craig and the others that remain, they all have nothing left to give if they ever had anything in the first place.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Absolutely amazed we both haven't been ripped up for our most recent posts. Guess a lot of people avoiding the boards tonite.
    I like Lewis and I do feel he gets a hard time. But saying that I feel Booth deserved to start today and how Craig got back in I've no idea! Also giving Handling a 4 year deal is utterly bemusing as he offers very little.

Look over the road at Hearts youngsters, they got beat most games they played at youth level from Hibs. But now they have matured into good players where we haven't and if you can't do it in this league there is something very wrong. Goes without saying Harris falls into this category as well.

I think folk forget we are actually in the second tier of Scottish football and many teams are part time.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I like Lewis and I do feel he gets a hard time. But saying that I feel Booth deserved to start today and how Craig got back in I've no idea! Also giving Handling a 4 year deal is utterly bemusing as he offers very little.

Look over the road at Hearts youngsters, they got beat most games they played at youth level from Hibs. But now they have matured into good players where we haven't and if you can't do it in this league there is something very wrong. Goes without saying Harris falls into this category as well.

I think folk forget we are actually in the second tier of Scottish football and many teams are part time.
    We have a team of pro's who seem to take it for granted, part time teams are full of guys hungry to play football and still full of dreams of maybe making it at a pro club. Despite holding down normal jobs they have a hunger that our team have been devoid of for years.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    We have a team of pro's who seem to take it for granted, part time teams are full of guys hungry to play football and still full of dreams of maybe making it at a pro club. Despite holding down normal jobs they have a hunger that our team have been devoid of for years.
    This - a point not lost on a lot of coaches and players who have an interest in Hibs - the 'made it' culture exists because they are not made to train long enough or hard enough. Good post.

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

I k ow where you are coming from but do you not think that the time they had to gel as a team has helped them enormously, start of last season they were where we are now and nobody was saying there young lads were a great hope then. I think we need to support the young guys, hard as that can be, they are trying their best to be the best they can be. Also the golden generation Broony, kt etc didn't walk into the team looking a finished article straight away. The first time I seen Scott Brown he was a striker playing away to livi and he was never going to make it as a striker. Harris, Stanton, booth, Cummings, Forster and handling all have ability and with our support I hope they find their way.I actually think I wish we still had wotherspoon to see how he would play under stubbs. If we get some quality in around these guys I think they'll turn out really well. Bring on Monday. Please Stubbs sort it out.

the difference with brown was his attitude he was in the face of any player in front of him winding them all up we don't have that at the club
    Last edited by livi hibby; 31-08-2014 at 12:11 AM.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I think booth gets caught too far up the pitch, I seen Stubbs shouting and waving him back down the pitch against Falkirk. Perhaps as Kennedy is there and been going forward a lot, 2 players bombing forward is seen as too much of a risk to leave that defence short.

i agree Stevenson had a stinker, I don't think he is a super star but he is very rarely the worst player on the park. If we are starting a clear out, let's start with the ones that are the worst performers first?

Did Robertson not get his place right back for the Dumbarton game after being sent off against hearts?

i think your comment re Lewis letting the club down is over the top. Getting beat by hearts again and her lost his cool, if some of the other players showed that sort of passion ( granted not booting people) thn things would be better. You obviously don't like or rate him but you have put the boot right in and are over the top. According to you he isn't good enough and never will so shouldn't be playing but let the club down because we have a small squad! Surely his sending off would be a blessing as he couldn't play the next week.
    Says it all for me. Rather than say he is good enough you say he is very rarely the worst.

I like Lewis a lot as a person but I don't particularly rate him and think he's had more chances than enough.

My main gripe was about Booth being emptied.

Quote Originally Posted by West hamBERNIAN View Post
    I k ow where you are coming from but do you not think that the time they had to gel as a team has helped them enormously, start of last season they were where we are now and nobody was saying there young lads were a great hope then. I think we need to support the young guys, hard as that can be, they are trying their best to be the best they can be. Also the golden generation Broony, kt etc didn't walk into the team looking a finished article straight away. The first time I seen Scott Brown he was a striker playing away to livi and he was never going to make it as a striker. Harris, Stanton, booth, Cummings, Forster and handling all have ability and with our support I hope they find their way.I actually think I wish we still had wotherspoon to see how he would play under stubbs. If we get some quality in around these guys I think they'll turn out really well. Bring on Monday. Please Stubbs sort it out.
    I am hurting drunk and tired! I remember.......

That end of season Brown took his chance shinned and immediately looked comfortable in first team and spl level, strange I hazily remember him looking more a winger but drunk or not I think that was the most prolific times of his career as sure he scored 4 in 5. One of the most enjoyable to watch players of last 35 years. Never reached the heights he showed at us since. Still love him. Big miss next sunday

Quote Originally Posted by livi hibby View Post
    the difference with brown was his attitude he was in the face of any player in front of him winding them all up we don't have that at the club
    Aye I know but that didn't make him better at football. Maybe gave him more leeway as he was coming through though. They made their names by eventually getting results as I remember. Garry o was the only player i thought straight away, was special. Brewster helped him in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I'd normally oblige J but tonight I can have no argument that Lewis had a stinker. I still believe he's better than many give him credit for and I agree that Callum has every right to feel aggrieved at not starting ahead of him though
    Lewis will always tell you he is a natural midfielder, he can tackle and can pass reasonably well, so why is he not played as a DM which would free up Allan and allow Booth to start also, would also mean getting shot of Craig too.

Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    I am hurting drunk and tired! I remember.......

That end of season Brown took his chance shinned and immediately looked comfortable in first team and spl level, strange I hazily remember him looking more a winger but drunk or not I think that was the most prolific times of his career as sure he scored 4 in 5. One of the most enjoyable to watch players of last 35 years. Never reached the heights he showed at us since. Still love him. Big miss next sunday
    Fair play, I'm possibly a wee bit worse for ware myself, (emotional day) there were definitely days when broony couldn't spray a 5 yards pass though.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Lewis will always tell you he is a natural midfielder, he can tackle and can pass reasonably well, so why is he not played as a DM which would free up Allan and allow Booth to start also, would also mean getting shot of Craig too.
    We need better quality than LS at hibs if want to improve.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    All players 0

To be out fought, out played, and beaten by part timers is simply not acceptable
    A ****ing embarresment!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    He will be Billy.

If it wasn't a sub standard artificial pitch I think he might have played today.
    Yup we need him desperately - i was sure he would not be risked...what amazed me was how the ball bobbled often when passed across it flat, very poor..not an excuse though but the reality of the position we got ourselves in and we had better get used to that and find ways to grind out points on windy bobbly artificial pitches or we will find ourselves fighting at the bottom not the top of the table.
    I got the impression that some of the players felt sorry for themselves having to deal with the conditions - if they don't shake themselves out of that (or several get changed) there will be many more days like that

OX - 7. - exposed a couple of times, but without him the scoreline would have been even more decisive

Gray - 5. Not as great an influence as has been and seemed to have lost ability to cross.

Forster - 7. One of the few to get pass marks. trying to get others around him up for it and at least looking willing to battle

Fontaine - 4. Looked ok first half but very nervy to me and never comfortable on the pitch.

Stevenson - 3. Lewis while normally willing to get forward is not the best at that (particularly final ball) but is solid in defence - well not today he had a very uncomfortable day particularly second half when they exploited channel between him and Fontaine and he was skinned several times

Stanton - 4. the constant switching of him and Kennedy first half did not help but had a couple of good runs second but not enough support to take advantage.

Craig - 3. Decent in spells first half, but got aggravated with ref / others and basically did not win his battle football wise most of the game and little positive impact in taking game forward

Allan - 5. His skill is evident and he kept ball moving / possession first half - longer game went on the options for him reduced. Not sure if he gave up or fitness still an issue?

Kennedy - 2. stood on right for first 15 minutes not even sure if he touched the ball? - then swapped with Stanton...lots of step overs and very little end product - think he got a final ball in twice.

Cummings - 4. Did well early and with goal as he reacted quickly, but lost without El Alagui to play off

El Alagui - 6. The fact we did not win a header in forward positions after he was off and our whole attacking drive left the pitch with him tells you much about his influence when on

Subs.

Heffernan - 2. Showed why he was on bench - he looks like a player who is at the end of his career. Will only score if there are others around to ay them on a plate (we don't have such at the moment)

Harris - 5. made some space when he drove with the ball. Like other wide players the desire to Always come inside and not make the line makes us easier to defend against

Handling - 2. no influence on the game. but trying to play of Heffernan was not much Help

Stubbs - 3 - System and personnel not fit for purpose today. While injury had major influence thats both Falkirk & this game where opposition have allowed us to pass in our own half and then press quickly as soon as we get over halfway line....not enough skill / drive / bottle / competent formation to deal with that..

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmhibby View Post
    We need better quality than LS at hibs if want to improve.
    I know but we're crying out for a DM at the moment to stabalise the midfield, christ he's got to be better than Craig.

@hibs.net private member
    Says it all for me. Rather than say he is good enough you say he is very rarely the worst.

I like Lewis a lot as a person but I don't particularly rate him and think he's had more chances than enough.

My main gripe was about Booth being emptied.
    says it all for me as well, how will we fair if we get rid of the average players and keep the worst. I don't think Lewis is brilliant and he shouldn't be in the team for where we want to be, however, he isn't the worst and shouldn't be getting the abuse that he is until he is the worst.

he has had more good games than bad games IMO, with most games bring average. You seem to be annoyed that booth got dropped, why shouldn't he? What does it say to regular players if you are suspended or injured a player comes in and has 2 ok games and you are out. Booth needs to be patient, he has just come back to hibs remember, so needs to work to get in the side again.

Left by mutual consent!
    What's worrying is that even our new guys -those who are supposed to bring fight, desire and belief in the promotion cause, capitulated against a team of part timers. Alan Stubbs will be very disappointed in the new players in particular letting him and the fans down big, big time. He will see the new players as "his" players and take it personal. After all, he has talked them up and argued for what they will bring. This defeat, in particular, will be the most difficult to recover from. This defeat has set him back and he now has to regain the lost confidence not just among supporters but Leanne Dempster. I so want him to succeed for our club that it's almost painful to watch him struggle to come up with reasons to justify the collective surrender to Alloa.

@hibs.net private member
    says it all for me as well, how will we fair if we get rid of the average players and keep the worst. I don't think Lewis is brilliant and he shouldn't be in the team for where we want to be, however, he isn't the worst and shouldn't be getting the abuse that he is until he is the worst.

he has had more good games than bad games IMO, with most games bring average. You seem to be annoyed that booth got dropped, why shouldn't he? What does it say to regular players if you are suspended or injured a player comes in and has 2 ok games and you are out. Booth needs to be patient, he has just come back to hibs remember, so needs to work to get in the side again.
    It says we have a squad of players and once you are in the team you will stay in it if you are playing well. It would probably mean players would be more disciplined and competitive for places.

I would have some sympathy if Lewis was injured but he only had himself to blame for the suspension and when you get suspended for something unprofessional you should be punished by the club. I hope Liam Craig is fined for his booking on Saturday. He is like a Maybury League player when he approaches refs. Embarrasing for a Captain to behave that way

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

I am not saying we should keep the worst and at this moment in time I wouldn't want shot of Lewis.

I felt that Boothy should have stayed in the team. He did wait patiently and got in the team only to be punted straight back out again after good performances.

I am not saying we should keep the worst and at this moment in time I wouldn't want shot of Lewis.

I felt that Boothy should have stayed in the team. He did wait patiently and got in the team only to be punted straight back out again after good performances.
    I agree Scoop, Booth and Kennedy linked up very well, his defensive qualities are still poor but against Alloa it would've made sense to have a right good go at them seeing as we'd just won on tuesday. Stevenson should've been played as a defensive mid, something we're trult lacking.

@hibs.net private member

Sorry, i thought you wee saying we should punt Lewis now. I just dont get why people are on his back so much (not you) and wanting him out, when there are other players in that hibs side that deserve to get punted first. The Craig situation is one of the most worrying things at the club at the moment, not just because he is consistently playing rank, but because Stubbs thinks he is captain material. If that's the sort of leader we are trying to built round then I can't see it being too rosey for us!

I like Stevenson and he's certainly not where I'd start with a clear out / upgrade.

That said - Booth and Kennedy working in tandem on the left in the Falkirk game was the best I've seen from us in a long time.

Booth certainly needs to improve defensively but as others have rightly pointed out (and I mean no disrespect here) - we should be going at Alloa from the kick off with the only thing we're worried about losing is a little ground on the goal difference front.

There are a lot of players at Hibs on the scale of "Get rid of" to "surely we can do better?" but not withstanding that they should still be comfortably good enough to put away a part time team.

Their poor performance didn't stop the usual George street crew out in force. Fuds.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GGTTH07 View Post
    Their poor performance didn't stop the usual George street crew out in force. Fuds.
    Any names you want to put up?