hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players budget

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    agree. I it is not clear why there has been so little activity. Simply don't understand it.
    Two names, Rod Petrie and Tom Farmer.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    While I have some sympathy with the OP this is crisis management again looking to deal on the last day. The truth is we went into this campaign poorly prepared. The Board did not plan, or expect relegation. For unfortunate reasons, while Leeanne was joining it took too long to sack Butcher, then a delay (again understandable) in getting Stubbs. In the meantime was it 14 players left the club and I have no idea how many we have signed, but perhaps 7 are in. On top of that wages to the previous imposter management team and season ticket sales, understandably down.

We simply cannot continue with this last minute crisis management. The club has an army of backroom people and support staff but very very poor leadership. (I excuse the current CEO and manager from that as it is too soon to make a judgement). We should have identified what we needed weeks ago and had time for the team to gel. Now it is panic stations again, doubtless more cash will be pissed away and the downward spiral continues.

The club is clearly in crisis and the very long suffering support are haemorrhaging. What youngster would want to associate with these losers? We need leadership, not consultations. For the first time Mr Petrie, show some leadership. Resign.
    Well written, sums it up in three short paragraphs. I fear for Hibs now. We are in freefall while the lunatics continue to run the asylum at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Why have we got no money? Season ticket sales are holding up well, we've just signed a new shirt sponsorship deal as well as other sponsorship deals with Crabbies and Nike, we got 500k + our normal league payment and we cut our wage bill by a huge amount by releasing 14 players and signing only 4. Why are we so skint?
    Probably because we are budgeting for 2 seasons in this league not 1.

First Team Breakthrough
    How much do people think sparky would cost all in . Transfer fee million?? 1.5 mil in wages over 3 years?? Could we afford it I think so. I think we will lose than that if we don't go up it's well worth the gamble in my eyes.