hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penicuik Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm 47 and have followed Hibs through good and bad. But even although I've suffered 2 relegations and way too many defeats in big matches which have been hard to take, I have never have I felt so low as I do today.

Where do we go from here?
    I'm 54 and purely based on the footballing performance I agree with you. For pure characterless mediocrity on the pitch and no leadership off it I would normally have gone for the Calderwood era, my problem this time around is that we are experiencing a "wind of change" and to be frank, short term its blowing us backwards and we have chucked a lot of resource at the backroom part where I'd hope to see benefits down the line but given our 7 season decline I wish we had stopped talking and did some doing.

Frankly we have made ourselves a decent sized target for the yammish BBC boys and anyone else that wants to have a go because we have over spouted and yet again not just underachieved against the chat but actually gone backwards, we slipped to a new low in terms of league position last year but are cheerfully plummeting lower than that in the real world right now whilst rejoicing in the fact that we can pass it about a bit better than when Butcher was about.

Over and out for a bit.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    How do you feel about Stubbs? I have a few concerns about him. Some of his selections, IMO, are strange. What he see's in Craig to be captain? Not making changes during a game or very late ( Robertson sending off). Lack of transfer activity, although this could be outwith his control.

I get that players are not good enough, but why change the team that finished strongly against Dumbarton? My main concern has been the lack of changes to win a game when the opposition seem to make changes to win.
    The jury's still out as far as I'm concerned with Stubbs. Initially I was very impressed, he clearly wants us to try and dominate possession and control the games, which I like. He has (or appears to have) a blind spot as far as some if the players go. Stanton was a game too late in getting dropped, as was Harris, and for Liam Craig and Lewis Stevenson to walk back into the side despite winning the last game was not a good call.
    Stubbs biggest issue is that we still don't look like having leaders on the pitch, at least not enough leaders. He needs some character in that dressing room and a couple of arrogant, hard players that'll push the rest of the team on - like Gray and Forster did on Tuesday night. Stanton, Harris, Handling, Heffernan, Robertson, and our captain Craig are hugely lacking in that sense. The cowardly lion has more heart than that bunch combined. None of them have shown themselves capable of consistently influencing matches, and we need them to step up.
    I said pre-Butcher's sacking that although it would be tough to release players like Harris etc, we couldn't afford to carry passengers for the same of keeping up the appearance of having a good youth set-up.
    We needed players in that could hit the ground running and get us promoted. I think Stubbs has got a couple in that fit that mould, but he's allowed too many that don't to stay on.
    The wind of change was little more than a squeaky fart, we needed wholesale change and brought in 5(?) players. It shows.
    Whether that's Stubbs mistake in how he assessed the abilities of his squad, or the board's mistake in not finding enough budget to replace them, I don't know.
    I also have questions over what happens at half time because out second half performances are quite often totally dire, in contrast to how we start games.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

It's odd I can see what he is trying to do but the midfield is week and he can't really believe that handling harris and heffernan made an impact.....the squad is paper thin.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarneyK View Post
    I must say, the set up of the wall here looks shocking...

Attachment 13364
    Is that Fontaine with his eyes shut.

As usual Hibs have done as little as possible on the player front and hoped to get away with it. We needed to spend some money and get good quality players who would breeze through this league but we have stuck with LC, LS, PH, SR etc who clearly don't have the quality and are not up to the fight. Maybe we should spend less on the amount of back room staff and board members as the ratio of good players to non playing staff seems to be way off for the position we find ourselves in.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Is that Fontaine with his eyes shut.
    I couldn't tell you as I had my eyes shut firmly after I seen the shambolic "wall" we managed to assemble - did the keeper issue any instructions? did anyone bother?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    I've just finished reading Bobby Kinloch's obituary in the Scotsman highlighting his winning goal against Barcelona in 1961 (was at the game as a 13 year old schoolboy). This on the same day as we got beat from Alloa Athletic. Honestly can things get any worse ? Oh aye Cowdenbeath due soon !

First Team Breakthrough
    Gutted today, and we are not up to scratch.
    lost our striker, bad news.
    we have 3-4 players that can do one.... This is really frustrating for the fans, and I feel we will loose some more points over the next 4 games.
    dont care about anyone else in this league, maybe we will be in a worse position when this season finishes, an old time low in this club.

we need so much quality, and the board really need to pull something out the bag, or we will be finished as a club, now that is the reality, please sort it out.....
    we are Hibs FFS........

Heffernan never a striker for us
    Craig never our captain
    we are Effin soft

I posted on Tuesday that win papered over a lot of cracks. We played very poorly and got out of jail. To lose to part timers is ridiculous it really is.

No more excuses, 90% of these players are ****.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I'm 50 very soon and while I have seen some dire Hibs teams I have never - never - seen the club this utterly weak and directionless. I have seen poor Hibs teams, but none as gutless or as lacking in self belief.

We can say that its too early to judge Stubbs. Sure we can. We can say that it is early days for the new backroom team to have made an impact. We can say that Leanne has a great track record at Motherwell and wants to change things. We can have meet the fans discussions, pricing initiatives, open days and statements of intent regarding youth and quality signings.

But for me everything - and I mean absolutely everything - is immaterial unless and until we start to win games. I have had it with everyone at Hibs regarding what we are going to do. Talk is so cheap and they have pretty much universally failed to walk the walk.

So Dempster, Petrie, Farmer, Stubbs and every player: please shut up, do your jobs and deliver or alternatively - leave. You've got 48 hours in which you will either bolster the squad significantly and seriously, or not. A fig leaf signing or two won't do it.

The breach of faith and trust with the supporters is cavernous. I repeat what I have said before: we know the state the club is in and we will equally well recognise either serious attempts to change that or half-assed attempts to string us along. You know it and we know it.

I don't care if you have been at the club for 30 years or 30 minutes - your job is to end this kamikaze run now. If you can't then get out of the way for people who can.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malagahibby View Post
    The last season in the first we were Bethan 1-2 with Stranraer in the first game of the season .
    it was a wake up call and the rest is history.
    Unfortunately there's 48 hours to make more changes than we've ever needed before.

I'm 47 and have followed Hibs through good and bad. But even although I've suffered 2 relegations and way too many defeats in big matches which have been hard to take, I have never have I felt so low as I do today.

I feel the same, I thought we had hit bottom. No further down we go. The saddest thing for me is it doesn't upset me as much. i expect the worse. Rod petrie has killed club team and support.

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    In rod I trust 🙊😭

I'm no far behind you Penicuik please don't ram it ... Following the cabbage is getting hard but born a hibs boy ! Die a hibs boy ..... GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!
    When our late, great Chairman Mr Hart was in charge NOTHING was to good for his club. Now we are getting humiliated by nothing more than pub teams. To wear the black band for Bobby today and put in such an abject display says it all about our club. Farmer and Petrie GTF.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I'm 50 very soon and while I have seen some dire Hibs teams I have never - never - seen the club this utterly weak and directionless. I have seen poor Hibs teams, but none as gutless or as lacking in self belief.

We can say that its too early to judge Stubbs. Sure we can. We can say that it is early days for the new backroom team to have made an impact. We can say that Leanne has a great track record at Motherwell and wants to change things. We can have meet the fans discussions, pricing initiatives, open days and statements of intent regarding youth and quality signings.

But for me everything - and I mean absolutely everything - is immaterial unless and until we start to win games. I have had it with everyone at Hibs regarding what we are going to do. Talk is so cheap and they have pretty much universally failed to walk the walk.

So Dempster, Petrie, Farmer, Stubbs and every player: please shut up, do your jobs and deliver or alternatively - leave. You've got 48 hours in which you will either bolster the squad significantly and seriously, or not. A fig leaf signing or two won't do it.

The breach of faith and trust with the supporters is cavernous. I repeat what I have said before: we know the state the club is in and we will equally well recognise either serious attempts to change that or half-assed attempts to string us along. You know it and we know it.

I don't care if you have been at the club for 30 years or 30 minutes - your job is to end this kamikaze run now. If you can't then get out of the way for people who can.
    Well said. I totally agree with this post.

We struggle to defend and struggle to score. Far too many average, similar players.

First Team Breakthrough
    Anyone remember 1972 ? Easter Road Hibs 11 Alloa 2 Never thought I'd see our standards drop so low.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post

I would take this to the club and read it directly to all involved. 100% agree.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyhibee View Post
    Anyone remember 1972 ? Easter Road Hibs 11 Alloa 2 Never thought I'd see our standards drop so low.
    That was back in the mid 60s wasn't it? Definitely not 1972.

I never thought I'd see our standards drop so low either.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyhibee View Post
    My Late Grandfather told me he seen Gordon Smith scoring whilst lying on his back against Alloa at Recreation park. Any of our senior members have any knowledge of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    My Late Grandfather told me he seen Gordon Smith scoring whilst lying on his back against Alloa at Recreation park. Any of our senior members have any knowledge of this?
    There will be quite a few on here who have scored lying on their back but maybe not a recreation park !.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by malagahibby View Post
    The last season in the first we were Bethan 1-2 with Stranraer in the first game of the season .
    it was a wake up call and the rest is history.
    Second game of the season, first at ER. We beat Morton 0-1 in the opening game.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by connerg View Post
    Second game of the season, first at ER. We beat Morton 0-1 in the opening game.
    Basher Barry Lavety!!!! Was there that night midweek - what an eye opener that was but a mere prelude to where we are now.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Mo View Post
    Basher Barry Lavety!!!! Was there that night midweek - what an eye opener that was but a mere prelude to where we are now.
    Last minute i think. Played in midweek.