hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Craig, Robertson, Stevenson, Heffernan, Handling........

Hibs simply won't move forward with players like this in the team.

Too many of this type of player in the squad means plenty more insipid, lacklustre, passionless, futile games like this to come.

Living in Alloa I never thought I would see the day where they beat us , never mind outplayed us, but they thoroughly deserved their win.

We are on a downward spiral which shows no signs of bottoming out. Even Leigh can't save this lot.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    You'll live to regret putting Stevenson on that list
    Happy as Larry!

I was listening to the commentary on Hibs TV (contradiction) and I thought Craig had been taken off until I heard his name mentioned touching the ball, an absolute imposter

Said it a millions times before but for me Handling offers us very little. Why we recently just handed him a 4 year contract i'll never understand. Course he's still young but for me I just don't see much in him. Perhaps a loan spell would be benefitial for him. Give him more game time, hopefully give him some more confidence etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 07BigD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was listening to the commentary on Hibs TV (contradiction) and I thought Craig had been taken off until I heard his name mentioned touching the ball, an absolute imposter
    not a captain

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Liam Craig should've been punted when we had the chance. Get him dropped Stubbs.

Coaching Staff
    Too many of last seasons team still with hibs. Cheap option on the part of the club, dont recruit new just go with what we have, should be good enough for this division, why anyone would think that baffles me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Hibs simply won't move forward with players like this in the team.

Too many of this type of player in the squad means plenty more insipid, lacklustre, passionless, futile games like this to come.

Living in Alloa I never thought I would see the day where they beat us , never mind outplayed us, but they thoroughly deserved their win.

We are on a downward spiral which shows no signs of bottoming out. Even Leigh can't save this lot.
    Agreed. Add hanlon, Forster, Harris and Tudor jones to that list. Losers mentality.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Liam Craig should've been punted when we had the chance. Get him dropped Stubbs.
    He's a total imposter.

Handling. 4 years.

Aaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

Coaching Staff
    I think fans should start chanting 'Liam Liam give us a wave' - firstly to remind him he's playing and secondly because it's all he's good at - terrible footballer, offering zero, defies logic he was put straight back in today.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    Agreed. Add hanlon, Forster, Harris and Tudor jones to that list. Losers mentality.

First Team Breakthrough RedHibby's Avatar
    Players that were very good for their teams prior to them coming to Easter Road are now very poor. Not just one of them but most of them. Does this not tell us there is something not right at the club. We have had managers and players come and go and still nothing changes as far as performances go. The only thing that has not changed is STF and the rest of the board.

Left by mutual consent!
    Alan Stubbs keeps referring to negative mindsets and the legacy from last season and that change will not happen overnight. The questions now are: are the negative elements affecting our new guys? Are our new guys developing a losers mind-set? Is a collective lack of self belief now the case? Are we witnessing the cull not going far enough?

Quote Originally Posted by MixerKev View Post
    Handling. 4 years.

Aaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha
    Don't know why we give out these long deals to youngsters who have a couple of good games. Booth and Harris also.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Don't know why we give out these long deals to youngsters who have a couple of good games. Booth and Harris also.
    The hilarious thing about handling is, he has not even played one good game. Not one!!!

How many times have you heard 'that boy handling is a good player'?

There you go wee man, have 4 years at 40k per annum in the hibs holiday camp.

We are a circus act.

Totally agree. Too many guys still here that took us down last season. One of them being the captain. I like Stubbs signings.....but we wont go anywhere until we get rid of that lot......id add forster to that too, i dont rate him

Quote Originally Posted by yankyhibby View Post
    Alan Stubbs keeps referring to negative mindsets and the legacy from last season and that change will not happen overnight. The questions now are: are the negative elements affecting our new guys? Are our new guys developing a losers mind-set? Is a collective lack of self belief now the case? Are we witnessing the cull not going far enough?

We are witnessing the effect rod Petrie has had on this club, he has tore the heart and soul out of the club. Nothing will change while he is here. Fact.

Handling - another game in and I still can't see the 4 year contract potential

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gala Foxes View Post
    Handling - another game in and I still can't see the 4 year contract potential
    He doesn't seem to have any awareness of what's going on around him. A few times yesterday when he moved to the ball, he was unaware of the Alloa player coming in from the side, or even in front of him, and he'd lose the ball.

I think we've forgotten how to shield a ball these days. Powder puff Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirkster23 View Post
    You'll live to regret putting Stevenson on that list
    Maybe time for him to go aswell, I have liked lewis but now we have booth in the mix who is well capable of doing what he can
    He obviously loves the club but maybe the scars are to deep for him

Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    Maybe time for him to go aswell, I have liked lewis but now we have booth in the mix who is well capable of doing what he can
    He obviously loves the club but maybe the scars are to deep for him

But but he gives 320%.!! Usually the nonsense that follows a Stevenson criticism . Complete losers mentality

I've not defended but accepted Stevenson over the years but I have to say it hit home at Alloa yesterday just how gash he really is. ..all the problems 2nd half came down our left side...clearly Alloa earmarked him as our weak link at half time. He had been part of our terminal decline in recent years and now needs to move on with quite a few others mentioned...

@hibs.net private member
    We need a total clearout - add Stanton to that list too. Irrespective of whether he is playing in the wrong position or not he isn't doing the basics right. he took three corners yesterday and didn't get past the first man once. My tin hat is on but I agree with other posters - Harris Foster Handling Craig Stevenson - they are just not good enough

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I've not defended but accepted Stevenson over the years but I have to say it hit home at Alloa yesterday just how gash he really is. ..all the problems 2nd half came down our left side...clearly Alloa earmarked him as our weak link at half time. He had been part of our terminal decline in recent years and now needs to move on with quite a few others mentioned...
    Bang onate

When you are sending Danny Handling on to try and win you a game then you know your squad is somewhere south of inadequate.

When he's partnered by Paul Heffernan you could almost long for a dream team of Valdas Trakys and Eduardo Hurtado.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    We need to sign begbie as our new captain......won't cost much, but will let any **** know their in a game...and any slackers will be dealt with.......c'mon stubbsy you know it makes sense..
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

I'm a Stevenson fan but he was very poor yesterday, no doubt about it. I can't remember him ever having as poor a game as that.

What was most frustrating was his inability/ unwillingness to get forward, something Booth has done to great effect over the past few games. Stevenson would just give the ball to Kennedy/ Harris when they were surrounded by 3/4 players and just leave them to do the rest.

I still think he may be the defensive midfielder we're looking for but Booth can justifiably be asking questions about why he wasn't playing yesterday and it was a change that backfired badly.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    You hear Stubbs pointing directly at mental toughness and a lack of character and perhaps players not being motivated to demand enough of themselves. I get that. I think a lot of us would guess the same. The end point, if this is systemic through out the organisation, is that if you can't change the people, you change the people.
    If that is the culture of the club, then all the younger players will have been brought up in this atmosphere. For some of the longer standing players, it may be too late to change them now.
    The other option then is to try to influence, but that needs experience and enough confidence in your own ability to turn around to team mates that you may have only known for weeks and may have years behind them playing for Hibs, and make it clear that this is not acceptable. Players need to come in, to pull the rest of squad upwards, not get pulled downwards.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    You hear Stubbs pointing directly at mental toughness and a lack of character and perhaps players not being motivated to demand enough of themselves. I get that. I think a lot of us would guess the same. The end point, if this is systemic through out the organisation, is that if you can't change the people, you change the people.
    If that is the culture of the club, then all the younger players will have been brought up in this atmosphere. For some of the longer standing players, it may be too late to change them now.
    The other option then is to try to influence, but that needs experience and enough confidence in your own ability to turn around to team mates that you may have only known for weeks and may have years behind them playing for Hibs, and make it clear that this is not acceptable. Players need to come in, to pull the rest of squad upwards, not get pulled downwards.
    Exactly our more senior players are chicken ****, Craig, Robertson, Heff etc all to blame for the mess we're in, never see them guiding youngsters and pulling the club forward. We had one player at the club last season who decided to stand up to the management because he seen the damage being done by them and all he got for his troubles was to be shunned and stuck on the bench for half the season while he watched his team struggle, you know I'm talking about Thomson. All the young players looked up to him and he spoke on their behalf, not Craig he was too scared to open his mouth, we need strong leaders on and off the pitch and at the moment we have none, sad days indeed at Hibs.