hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Embarrasing

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Forgive me if I fail to see the funny side.

Today was an utter shambles. No shape, no clear plan and very little in the way of creativity.

Apart from our goal, we created almost nothing and their goalkeeper barely had a save to make.

Alloa were well worth their win and good luck to them but that was an unacceptable performance from us today.

We're already 9 points behind Hearts and it's not even September yet.
    Its only a game

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Embarrassing, and the fans who turn out in numbers to out number a home crowd, are yet again let down buy most of the "players" on the pitch.

Haven't renewed my season ticket yet, but there is not really any evidence to suggest that I should. I honestly feel like I am falling out of love with Hibs these days.

Todays game reminded me of how I felt after the Raith cup game. Stubbs needs to clear out a few more players and replace them with proper players.

In Stubbs I trust, he'll turn it around.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    Just listened to Stubbs interview , he ain't happy think we will see a few players gone
    It's too late. The horse has bolted. Typical hibs scrabbling about on deadline day signing trash like matt done and pa kujabi. The business should have been done before season started like that mob across the road.

when subs got the job, one of the reason was a list of players he had prepared. Where are these players?

Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    Just listened to Stubbs interview , he ain't happy think we will see a few players gone
    Quite rightly. Hope to god he is giving each and every one of them the "Fergie Hairdryer" treatment.

Season over and it's still August.
    Only Hibs.

Only Hibs!

Well done ROD.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Part time players with desire to win and team spirit - full time team Hibs - happened before and will happen again.

We are talking a bigger and better game than Butcher did just now and my biggest worry is we have the back room staff to go with it ,at least Butcher had the swearer and Marsella and that was all we were spending on.
    i thought thus the other nights the result against dumbarton papered a crack, struggling for a result against a part time team at home on a week night, when there players will have done a full days work. I was pretty glad that fixture was not played on a Saturday afternoon.

@hibs.net private member
    Dreadful display. We look unfit to me. The radio was saying that Hearts have only had 3 days off since the start of the season. They had a triple session on Thursday and are frequently training twice a day. I think we need to up the ante.

My lad said we should be beating teams with so little money. My thoughts have always been that money is secondary. Football is a team game and getting the blend right and everyone playing for each other is vital. Drive and desire will see many players with lesser skills succeed. Unfortunately we have player who seem to lack heart and guts.
    In the final minute or two Harris was surrounded by about 3 Alloa players. He lost the ball amd got pelted. The fault of course lay with the 4 or 5 supporting players who never helped. We have a team of players who should be politicians as passing the buck comes more naturslly to them than passimg the ball.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Dreadful display. We look unfit to me. The radio was saying that Hearts have only had 3 days off since the start of the season. They had a triple session on Thursday and are frequently training twice a day. I think we need to up the ante.

My lad said we should be beating teams with so little money. My thoughts have always been that money is secondary. Football is a team game and getting the blend right and everyone playing for each other is vital. Drive and desire will see many players with lesser skills succeed. Unfortunately we have player who seem to lack heart and guts.
    In the final minute or two Harris was surrounded by about 3 Alloa players. He lost the ball amd got pelted. The fault of course lay with the 4 or 5 supporting players who never helped. We have a team of players who should be politicians as passing the buck comes more naturslly to them than passimg the ball.
    I agree. Our players are risk averse in modern day speke.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post

Paul Sturrock is the man you should talk to if you want to hear opinions on Scottish pro footballers training - he was adamant that our game would only change if our players and our managers understood the require to train properly, all day, working on numerous things, not just fitness.

I posted a couple of years ago that an SFA coach was flabbergasted at Hibs approach to our young players when they 'made the first team' - he rightly said that they should continue training as if they were still youths - in other words, work at their game in the afternoons as well, double sessions. Wotte wants that throughout the game here so it's really no surprise that Levein and Neilson have adopted that approach.

Had to laugh at Handling and his golf challenge interview this week - less golf, more football and more core strength Danny - you look like you'd fall over in a light wind. Rate him highly but all the young players should be in for full days for me. Work ethic, you cannot underestimate it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I will be one of those, i have been embarrassed, i have been angry, and i have been sad.

Now i just laugh.
    Pretty much sums up my weekend each time we play!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    I find it funny we can't even beat a part time side.
    Na Steve, it's not funny. It's disgraceful. They even gave Hibs a goal of a start FFS.

How the **** can we lose to a part time side
    Why don't I like you? I don't post very often - but it's far from amusing.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrabus View Post
    Why don't I like you? I don't post very often - but it's far from amusing.
    It is amusing that we can't beat a part time side with the very few decent players we've got. Don't worry though i'm sure we will still win the league this season like some of the others have said.
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 31-08-2014 at 12:54 AM.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    We're witnessing Fenlon and Butcher's legacy.
    I and coco calderwood mixu yogi and the rest !!!!! Petries to blame chase the !!!

The great history of Hibernian !

How on earth can this most famous establishment team Hibernian go so down hill in the last 30 years ????? First british team ever in the european cup ? First with shirt sponsers ? Floodlights ? Undersoilheating???????? What your thoughts troops ?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    A new low. They surpass even my worst scenarios. What has been allowed to happen at our club is an absolute disgrace. Years of having to endure crap football and players that are no better than the fans watching them all to balance a budget. With the Gorgie mob and their ugly cousins from The West gone this was supposed to be the time we would reap the benefit of running a tight ship. Instead we are languishing in the Championship and getting beat by part timers. Words can't express how angry I am at how badly this club have been mismanaged.
    About sums up my feelings, except I would remind everyone of the old saying..."the fish rots from the head down"

Years of disinterest from our owner in regard to football achievement, who praised Rod Petrie at every opportunity when everyone else could see we were heading south, has created a culture where we must be the only football team I know where actual performance on the field was of secondary importance.

We are now reaping the results of this.

We are also in danger of compounding it by being top heavy with back room staff, while we can't afford to shell out on decent players.

Our need is NO W..not ..'we have to be patient'

Don't want to hear any more about patience...we are a club in crisis and we need to resort to fixing things on the park NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by FinlayHibs View Post
    How on earth can this most famous establishment team Hibernian go so down hill in the last 30 years ????? First british team ever in the european cup ? First with shirt sponsers ? Floodlights ? Undersoilheating???????? What your thoughts troops ?
    30 years?

If you're meaning our derby record over the last 30 years do you want me to explain why we've lost more than the cheats?

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    30 years?

If you're meaning our derby record over the last 30 years do you want me to explain why we've lost more than the cheats?
    I would love to hear your answer!

Wasn't at the game but thinking they were more hungry for it and the pure will to win which we don't have,if you can't match a team on ability you get tore in and in their face and grind it out

Quote Originally Posted by FinlayHibs View Post
    I and coco calderwood mixu yogi and the rest !!!!! Petries to blame chase the !!!
    Think your being unfair to Mixu and yogi to be honest.

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andy1875 View Post
    The proof really is in the pudding with Hibs.

When you have guys like Robertson and Craig in the heartbeat of the team, you will lose more games than you win.

Not to mention creative players like Harris who can't create chances nowadays, Heffernan who offers nowt and your onto an almost shoe in defeat regularly.

Too many players still at this club who aren't cutting the mustard and have had more than enough time to show more.

Summer of change. Pathetic.
    Dont forget a defence which my niece could score against. Ive said for years if you accept Hanlon and Stevenson as defenders we are goosed. Also Forster isnt now nor never will be good enough .

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    I would love to hear what Yogi Hughes makes of the situation at Hibernian FC as ICT sit a point clear at the top of the SPL, having already beaten the current champions Celtic this season.

Why can't HFC come anywhere near the achievements of a club like ICT, given our relative greater resources and hugely greater fan base?

Quote Originally Posted by steviehibsleith View Post
    Dont forget a defence which my niece could score against. Ive said for years if you accept Hanlon and Stevenson as defenders we are goosed. Also Forster isnt now nor never will be good enough .
    Hanlon I think is good enough, Stevenson is a makeshift LB, he's a DM/LM always has been but because he's capable of slotting in to LB he gets played there and the jury is still well and truly out as far as Forster is concerned.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    The last 2 managers to get us in the top six, one of them even got us in to Europe by finishing 4th in the league, yes 4th, the glory days compared to where we are now.

You know what else I find embarrassing?

It's when our players are quoted in the papers, when they have done SFA, as saying things like "Hibs are due to give some team/club a hammering". Just like prior to the Alloa game.

When I read that my heart sank. When will they ever learn at this club?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    Wasn't at the game today as had to work. What were we like? deservedly got beat? unlucky?

Either way, we really should be beating teams like Alloa. ****ing embarrasing.
    We deserved to lose the game. Scored at about the only time of the game we were slightly the better team. Didn't build on it and Alloa could have been level before the break but for shots going wide and Oxley making 1 or 2 saves.

2nd half we were exceptionally poor with Alloa the better team by quite some distance. As soon as Faird went off in the 1st we never looked like scoring with Heff up top.

For me the system just didn't work. We hardly had the ball and even when we did there were never any options ahead. Kennedy was mostly anonymous and as for Allan & Craig I would love to know what they had been told to do yesterday.

Our best options were Stevenson & Gray down each wing. Midfield completely anonymous virtually all game.

Overall assessment - very poor indeed.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    It is amusing that we can't beat a part time side with the very few decent players we've got. Don't worry though i'm sure we will still win the league this season like some of the others have said.
    Your posts are very embarrassing and I feel you'd be more suited to being a Hearts supporter with your guff that you like to post.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Your posts are very embarrassing and I feel you'd be more suited to being a Hearts supporter with your guff that you like to post.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16