hibs.net Messageboard

Page 60 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2603
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not according to scoopyboy who's usually on the money.
    No guarantees with this one though.

Lots of twists and turns in this saga and I'd rather it was sorted sooner than later.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Not fit enough but has started him in the league. Blah.

Get him back where he belongs.
    But he isn't a 24 hour Athlete according to R D .If he isn't even getting on bench and manager is making comments like that publicly he isn't mam managing Leigh the right way ,agree he needs to get out of there ,whether it's back here is neither here nor there ,but he is clearly going somewhere by sounds of it

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    No guarantees with this one though. Lots of twists and turns in this saga and I'd rather it was sorted sooner than later.
    Scoops can I ask is it from the Smellic end or a bit of both??

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    But he isn't a 24 hour Athlete according to R D .If he isn't even getting on bench and manager is making comments like that publicly he isn't mam managing Leigh the right way ,agree he needs to get out of there ,whether it's back here is neither here nor there ,but he is clearly going somewhere by sounds of it
    Indeed Ronnie. The lad just wants to play but I don't think it matters what he does he'll never fit in there at the moment with the current regime..... "Not fit enough", "Not in right frame of mind", "Doesn't suit system we wanted to play today"..... Excuse after excuse.

Hopefully something sorted sooner rather than later.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    If we did sign Leigh, he'd have to bide his time and wait for an injury or a drop in form from one of our strikers. We are not having much trouble scoring goals, and i'm struggling to see just who he'd replace?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    If we did sign Leigh, he'd have to bide his time and wait for an injury or a drop in form from one of our strikers. We are not having much trouble scoring goals, and i'm struggling to see just who he'd replace?
    Lol

Laughable that that Delia smith says lg is not fit enough. Everybody who knows anything about Leigh knows he is ultra competitive even in training so to say that is a smokescreen at best. I think it is more to do with how they want to play their strikers and Leigh doesn't fit the bill. For Leigh to be effective you need to have him right on the shoulder of the last man as his superb goal for sellick at the pbs showed. I'm sure Collins,while I've plenty time for him,isn't helping the man management side either. Ironically griffiths seemed to relate to Neil Lennon as when he scored at the pbs. Leigh needs to be handled in a certain way by the manager and reminds of one of the wee guys in the team that I coach. Headstrong,stroppy but if you channel them the right way capable of superb performances that have the mums and dads watching purring with appreciation. I've no doubt Leigh is enormously hard work but when a guy can score an extraordinary goal out of nothing as against Falkirk in the semi or the free kick at the pbs is is worth the hassle. Please god he doesn't become wasted like deek or Garry. Let's just get him home and let home run riot,to coin a phrase, in the championship. Life's not all about money and I'm sure Leigh and thousands of hibs fans would be much happier if he was where he is comfortable and where he could make a big big impact in Scottish football. As to whether it happens I'm not sure as I was told it was Collins blocking the deal,but let's hope for Leigh's sake he gets something sorted so he doesn't end up another wasted great Scottish talent. Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

The Heff is on fire right now, so can't see him beng replaced anytime soon (source, the guy who picks the team)

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    He will be signed by end of week if Hibs don't stop ******g about with the deal......
    Reliable Source...don't ask who.
    Just wait and see...Onwards and Upwards
    Signed by who?? Hibs?

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Still waiting for a reply to any 'sources' of these rumours......

...and another 15 hours later, STILL no sources mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    So there's "no chance" of him coming back, even on loan?

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    So there's "no chance" of him coming back, even on loan?

RONNY DEILA refused yesterday to rule out the option of Leigh Griffiths joining Hibs on loan.....

First Team Regular erin-go-bragh87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-O View Post
    RONNY DEILA refused yesterday to rule out the option of Leigh Griffiths joining Hibs on loan.....
    Am I right in thinking it's the first time this has been commented on by Celtic?? Fingers crossed there's something in all this this time but I won't hold my breath!

where did he say that? Not saying he did not. Just been googling it and cannot find it. Found this which I am sure everyone here has read.

Thought even the headline is poor reporting. 'Out of Form'? Out of favour, yes. If you are not starting it is pretty harsh especially when the last time you were called upon you rescued a point for them. Says 1 goal in 7, but how many starts? There is no substitution for playing time and it's not as if he is getting a few run outs in the U20's to get him fit! Going to the gym and bulking up a little or running on the treadmill is not going to get him match fit. Matches get you fit that is why's it called 'match fit'.

“He really wants to succeed at Celtic. He’s at a very big club, he knows it and this is his chance,” said Deila. “Wanting is one thing, but knowledge is another.

“You have to see all of the time if you have the attitude or the knowledge. Playing matches is important, but being a 24-hour athlete is important as well.

What you do in matches is important, but you have also to be very aware of what you do every day in training and off the pitch. There have been no problems with Leigh off the pitch, but he needs to get fitter
    Sounds like he should be going to the library and not the gym! If there are no problems off the pitch and we have to assume he is doing the training that Delia and 6-Pak Collins have designed for the squad then how do you get match fit? Play matches, not just 10 minutes at the end of a game that might already be lost or won and winding down. And if he is not doing what he should at training then that is between the coaching staff and LG, not a newspaper filler and fuel for the rumour mill. And if the training is well designed and LG is doing everything they demand at training then surely that is it ASSUMING he is not leaving training and downing a few pints of lager and a haggis supper on the way home or staying up all night playing on his Xbox or staggering in at 3 in the morning from the Glasgow nightclubs. I am sure others here would have more knowledge of his lifestyle than I do (which is zero) but I have never heard any rumour that he hits the drink or pisses around and indeed RD says there is no problem whatsoever with him off the pitch. So what the hell is he talking about? 'Look inside himself, gain the knowledge'. He's Sparky, not Grasshopper.

I confess when I saw Leigh come on as a sub against Dundee Utd (game already won) he did look a bit slow out of the trap and I commented on it at the time but it seemed to be accepted that he was recovering from a flu/illness. Looked lively enough against Dundee when he came on. Maybe LG is not responding well to being droppped and is slacking and feeling somewhat pissed off at not being a regular but I think it is safe to say whilst at Wolves, Hibs, Wolves again and then Celtic under Lennon LG seemed fully committed and bursting with energy.

Deila, if you want him fit send him our way and he will get plenty of game time!!

P.S. just found the more recent Daily Record report.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...warned-4291241

Interesting how the Telegraph was published before the Record one and how differently the statement/interview has been reported. Obviously the 24 hour athlete is still the main thrust of both articles but no 'out of form' subheader in the Record report and no 'look inside himself' in the Telegraph report. Don't these guys ever read Hibs.Net?

Ok, that is my LG nonsense of the day out of the way.

I know it is not just about posting on here. I have to be a 24 hour .netter, take care of myself off the computer, join a typing school, get my eyes tested. I am off to look inside myself and gain the knowledge so I can become a better Hibs.netter.

Hopefully back online in time for the game today!

Keekaboo refused to rule out the option of having a hot date tonight with Angelina Jolie.

Some of the posts that this is a done deal are a bit premature.

Keekaboo refused to rule out the option of having a hot date tonight with Angelina Jolie.
    Is she out on loan? Source?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Some of the posts that this is a done deal are a bit premature.
    Is it a done deal at Hibs' end, though?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Is it a done deal at Hibs' end, though?
    Lol it's as done a deal as you could wish for at hibs end, as much as it can be when you want a player he wants to come but nothing concrete happening just yet

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Lol it's as done a deal as you could wish for at hibs end, as much as it can be when you want a player he wants to come but nothing concrete happening just yet

Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    where did he say that? Not saying he did not. Just been googling it and cannot find it. Found this which I am sure everyone here has read.

That's not me quoting deila it's in here.... http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic...1359n.25379565 ....

Are we sure about this? Any of his 'associates' on here able to confirm this?

We don't know what has been said between him and RD whose latest interview/statement can be interpreted differently. He might consider loaning him out to a Championship team but on the other hand LG is still part of his plans and it is up to LG to fight his way into the first team. Is it just a case of LG going into a cream puff because he is now a 'bit player'?

Of course I am biased and want him back at ER but I really feel it is in our interest (mostly) in Celtics interest because he would get fit and score goals which make sit easier to offload him in January getting as much of their money back as possible, and for LG who would at least get playing time, get fully fit and score goals which helps him in January.

But maybe LG is the stumbling block! Maybe the Championship has no appeal for him and he might be thinking it would only take an injury or two in the Celtic forward line or a bad couple of games for them and he would be back in the mix.

Maybe we just have to face it. Heffernan is the man !!!!

That's not me quoting deila it's in here.... http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic...1359n.25379565 ....
    Well, I just read it again and don't see any mention of Keekaboo and Angela Jolie!

Well, I just read it again and don't see any mention of Keekaboo and Angela Jolie!
    Lol

Sparky is on route to the game, currently on a supporters bus.

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    Is he leading the Choir ?
    Mind tell them,no clips have to be uploaded to social media sites.

Hopefully someone can get the required info from him

It's true, Ah tell ye!

Photos please

@hibs.net private member Salisbury Hibby's Avatar
    "24 Hour Athlete"? I think the truth is that he is not "24 Hour Celtic". They hate that.