hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: ufc

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar

ufc

Barao vs dillashaw 11 this Saturday. The first fight was one of the best fights of the year. If anyone hasn't watched ufc before this wk ends a good time to start. I love it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by West hamBERNIAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barao vs dillashaw 11 this Saturday. The first fight was one of the best fights of the year. If anyone hasn't watched ufc before this wk ends a good time to start. I love it.
    I stopped watching UFC a good while ago. Do you know what's happening with Anderson Silva - is he coming back? I was so looking forward to a fight between him and GSP but when GSP retired I had no clue who would be able to challenge Silva.

Also, who is Jon Jones facing next? He looks unstoppable.

Apologies for all the questions.

Lol Jon Jones is fighting Cormier next. Cormier has been looking awesome lately and it could be a real test for him. Shame really because I'd have love to see Jones fight Alexander gustafson again. Just looked for update on Silva and was surprised to see he's scheduled to fight Nick Diaz(can't wait for this) I reckon gsp will come back but there's a few fighters in his weight class that could beat anyone on there day. Really good right now.

Silva vs Diaz isn't on until Jan 31

Blog Entries
    Silva vs Diaz isn't on until Jan 31
    cheers for that, I'll never forget watching UFC 64 and thinking Silva was one of the best fighters in the world. Seeing what he did to my favourite fighter Chris Leben devastated me!

I wish I was watching it back then, missed loads. I started watching at the tail end of Chuck lidell and Randy coutores careers.😔 Anderson is still amazing, just got bored I think and got caught and then the leg break was just unbelievable. To think leben is still going, that guy is just nuts.

The fight is now off as Barao fell ill during weight cut . Dillashaw now faces Sota in his ufc debut for the title. Crazy.

Blog Entries
    I wish I was watching it back then, missed loads. I started watching at the tail end of Chuck lidell and Randy coutores careers. Anderson is still amazing, just got bored I think and got caught and then the leg break was just unbelievable. To think leben is still going, that guy is just nuts.
    I saw him fight live in Birmingham at UFC 89 against Bispbing - I think I was the only Brit cheering him! I thought he was retired now? I need to get back into the way of watching it again, I loved Lesnar and when he left I sort of lost interest I guess.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Hibs-Liverpool
    Yeah leben is retired now, retired after losing to uriah hall in December (4th Loss in a row).

Can't wait to see the build up of diaz v silva aswell as the actual fight, interesting to see if silva has recovered, thought his fighting days were over after the leg break!

There's an event on this Friday night which should be decent with a few interesting fights!

also, the TUF season started on wed. womens straw weight. new weight division so winner will be the champ. even my girlfriend loves the TUF's. big brother with no BS. First episode was really good.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Hibs-Liverpool
    Tuf has been pretty poor over the last couple seasons however I'm looking forward to this season a lot. Totally different concept from before and will keep people entertained. Joanne calderwood fighting next week!

Quote Originally Posted by GB6 View Post
    Tuf has been pretty poor over the last couple seasons however I'm looking forward to this season a lot. Totally different concept from before and will keep people entertained. Joanne calderwood fighting next week!
    Last season was pretty poor to be fair, final was first KO wasn't it? The last season with girls I enjoyed a lot though.

Blog Entries
    Did I mention that I met Dan Hardy at UFC 89 in Birmingham? Really decent guy but then he did just win a split decision

Quality, was really expecting more from Dan . Looked awesome at times. I've only been to one event. UFC London. At the O2. 10 MINS drive so was perfect. Gustafsson was quality. Hopefully he'll get his shot after Cormier.

Watched three fights from last night's fights, was entertaining to say the least, first fight, pretty sure one guy soiled himself. Second fight a guy was deducted two points for an intentional headbutt. And the third fight was a ladies match, was absolutely crazy. It was stopped due to one of the girls ear was literally hanging off. From a punch. Probably the craziest punch I've seen in fights ever.

Watched three fights from last night's fights, was entertaining to say the least, first fight, pretty sure one guy soiled himself. Second fight a guy was deducted two points for an intentional headbutt. And the third fight was a ladies match, was absolutely crazy. It was stopped due to one of the girls ear was literally hanging off. From a punch. Probably the craziest punch I've seen in fights ever.

http://deadspin.com/ufc-card-feature...-sh-1659272784