Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was told even the young lads had it cut in half
    Bloke in pub?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Bloke in pub?
    Bloke I know who's girlfriends brother played in the under 20s had his halved,got released don't know the players name

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Was more than happy when we first signed Heff . but now after watching him ,id be more than happy for him to leave . Far too injury prone and never looks anything near fit .

Ggtth
    Last edited by erin go bragh; 28-08-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Bloke I know who's girlfriends brother played in the under 20s had his halved,got released don't know the players name

"Mate's girlfriends brother" is always more unreliable than "bloke in pub".

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    "Mate's girlfriends brother" is always more unreliable than "bloke in pub".
    Yeah probably, I suppose unless someone knows a player to confirm it we won't know,apparently he was on 300 and was told it was getting halved,he asked for an extra 50 for travel expenses and told no

Yeah probably, I suppose unless someone knows a player to confirm it we won't know,apparently he was on 300 and was told it was getting halved,he asked for an extra 50 for travel expenses and told no
    Nup, the added detail just makes it sound even more fishwifey.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Some players and generally speaking the younger guys who signed in the early part of 2014 had relegation clauses written into their deals.

Guys who were on longer contracts had no such clause therefore they retained their salary.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Some players and generally speaking the younger guys who signed in the early part of 2014 had relegation clauses written into their deals.

Guys who were on longer contracts had no such clause therefore they retained their salary.
    Its a shame they let good young players go for the sake of few hundred quid,especially the wages some of the players are on who were responsible for the drop in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    Defo not a hibs fan, Celtic fan. Played with at Hutchison Vale and Hearts.
    I heard ages ago that he was indeed a Hibs fan, knew he played at Hutchie too.

Heff and goals ?

I still can't get my head round why he wouldn't move for more security and more money.at his age he could well struggle to a two year deal next summer in the top league . He surely can't have been guaranteed first team football by Stubbs or he wouldn't of been given permission to speak to them in first place Unless his injuries are completely behind him then it's a risk keeping him ., he has technical ability and good game awareness and can hold the ball well but some of the chances he has missed you would of expected him to put away if on form .Buts it's his lack of pace that is biggest issue as that isn't going to change and him and Farid haven't looked like a pairing in the two games they have played so far

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    I still can't get my head round why he wouldn't move for more security and more money.at his age he could well struggle to a two year deal next summer in the top league . He surely can't have been guaranteed first team football by Stubbs or he wouldn't of been given permission to speak to them in first place Unless his injuries are completely behind him then it's a risk keeping him ., he has technical ability and good game awareness and can hold the ball well but some of the chances he has missed you would of expected him to put away if on form .Buts it's his lack of pace that is biggest issue as that isn't going to change and him and Farid haven't looked like a pairing in the two games they have played so far
    Who says it's more money, if he's on £1k at Hibs and St Johnstone only offer say £700 then he'd be better staying at Hibs, even tho he's been offered 2 years.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Who says it's more money, if he's on £1k at Hibs and St Johnstone only offer say £700 then he'd be better staying at Hibs, even tho he's been offered 2 years.
    Im sure in the Scotsman it suggested he was offered more money from St Johnstone.

Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    Im sure in the Scotsman it suggested he was offered more money from St Johnstone.
    Well then more fool him, or maybe something else lined up down south.

Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    That was suggested yesterday but whatever the figures, had an offer been made I doubt they would have offered less. Even given speculative figures mentioned, 1,000*52 = 52,000, whereas 700x104 = 72,800. Appreciate that I used 52 weeks but hardly the sort of offer to make Heffernan rush up the M9.

This story seems bizarre to me. St Johnstone were given permission to approach an under contract player, planning to make an offer without any compensation to Hibs (apart from the obvious, 'he'd be gone' and a freed wage compensation), with rumours of a better deal for the player (more money and a longer term deal) and he turns it down and Hibs manager says he is delighted.

If Hibs/Stubbs would have preferred him gone then Stubbs should have gone public as in the Nelson case, 'Heffernan can't be guaranteed first team football', or in his case 'can't be guaranteed sole possession of the physio's table'.

Can it be as simple as Stubbs doing the decent thing and not blocking a potential better deal for Heffernan and allowing him to make the decision and Heffernan genuinely wanting to stay at 'cost' to himself just to help Hibs get back to the SPL? Maybe it is.

If so, then it shows mutual respect between manager and player, something that was missing under our previous management team. Of course Hibs fans might applaud this new relationship between manager and player but still be disappointed in the end result.

Anyone else think this is somewhat bogus? I have googled 'St Johnstone Heffernan' and the only reference to an offer/move is on fan sites with Hibs.net straight in at number one on the Google top 4 million. That's right pop-pickers. No 1.

Last edited by SanFranHibs; 29-08-2014 at 09:26 AM. Reason: tpyos

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    I'd disagree with that. Both have had - and scorned - plenty of chances in both those games. Chances are being made - just not finished. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I'd disagree with that. Both have had - and scorned - plenty of chances in both those games. Chances are being made - just not finished. Yet.
    They seemed to take up the same spaces on saturday, no connection between them most of the game.

They seemed to take up the same spaces on saturday, no connection between them most of the game.
    They were getting on the end of chances individually though so I'd say there is potential for them to work together. I do hope this new fitness coach guy can get to work on Heff. A fit Heff would be an asset to this team in this league imo.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    They were getting on the end of chances individually though so I'd say there is potential for them to work together. I do hope this new fitness coach guy can get to work on Heff. A fit Heff would be an asset to this team in this league imo.
    Don't think he'll be here come monday tbh.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I rather suspect that Hibs wanted to offload Heffernan to make way for someone.

If that someone comes Heffernan will go, but probably wants a sweetener from Hibs which isn't presently on the table do so.

I would be very surprised if he was still here come Monday night.

hopefully with OTJ, Craig & Robertson with him.

I am afraid these guys will always be damaged goods as far as the Hibs support are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I rather suspect that Hibs wanted to offload Heffernan to make way for someone.

If that someone comes Heffernan will go, but probably wants a sweetener from Hibs which isn't presently on the table do so.

I would be very surprised if he was still here come Monday night.

hopefully with OTJ, Craig & Robertson with him.

I am afraid these guys will always be damaged goods as far as the Hibs support are concerned.

I still like Robertson because he has energy and directness to his game, Craig has went backwards drastically in the past 9 months it's quite frightening.

I tend to agree with that but above poster is correct in that they both had good chances and both should of ended up on score sheet but that in a nutshell was one of our bif failings last season ,not taking chances .Yes we made far fewer chances which was a concern it itself but bit to make the chances we are is sep in right direction and once transfer window closes hopefully we have added to squad to help address that issue

First Team Breakthrough
    I still like Robertson because he has energy and directness to his game, Craig has went backwards drastically in the past 9 months it's quite frightening.
    Craig should play off farid. He has a great shot on him. Might as well get rid if we see him as defensive midfielder though.

Heff's decent but at his age and with his recent injury record he's past his best and won't get better. Like him but would have preferred to see him go to Saints. I think the reason he didn't was because he knows he'd struggle to get games there in the Premier even more than here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1992 View Post
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...ving-1-3523159

Paul Heffernan has knocked back the chance of a quick-fire return to the Premiership to play his part in Hibs’ battle back to the top flight, boss Alan Stubbs revealed today.

“Paul did not want to go. He said he loves it here and wants to stay and fight for his place. I’m happy with that, it’s really great for the club’s point of view and mine that we have players who do not want to leave.

Thanks for that, Paul, I'm sure you're a big asset in our fight for promotion

First Team Breakthrough kevo1875's Avatar
    We need a bit steel in the middle of the park...Craig spends half the game slowing everything down n turning the wrong way and the other half shouting at the ref

Quote Originally Posted by macd123 View Post
    Craig should play off farid. He has a great shot on him. Might as well get rid if we see him as defensive midfielder though.
    Craig should be nowhere near the team let alone club Capt. He should of been binned during per season.

If I was as bad at my job as he is at his then I would be sacked plain and simple.

Empty jersey, spineless and should be out on his arse before Monday.

It's like playing with ten men every week when he is in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post

Lucky escape for Saints!

guy looked out his depth against Alloa - no pace, can't jump

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post

arguably more worrying is that the stubbster is saying he's happy with that.....please say he's just being nice

Did Heffernan pass up on the move to St Johnstone or did he :

(1) Miss the dotted line on the contract with his pen

(2) Take so long to get to the table to sign the contract that St Johnstone gave up onhim