hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Heff not take a wage cut to join us?
    Might be totally wrong
    Don't think so, thought we took over his contract from Killie

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Admit it matey, that's just one of your many fantasy's involving Rod.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Coaching Staff
    My worry (and to be honest I've not much against Heffernan) is that we need cover for David Gray (proper cover) and I do think we need a very mobile striker, not that Jason Cummings isn't, but I think we need real energy up top......

I still have a sneaky suspicion that McFadden is well on Stubbs's radar, no sources to say for sure, just bizarre how a player of his quality is still unattached. I know we were in for Hope however - and to be honest I think a player like that would burn up this league.

Going to throw a wee poser out there too.......if Hibs went for Scott Robinson would people cut him slack ?

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    My worry (and to be honest I've not much against Heffernan) is that we need cover for David Gray (proper cover) and I do think we need a very mobile striker, not that Jason Cummings isn't, but I think we need real energy up top...... I still have a sneaky suspicion that McFadden is well on Stubbs's radar, no sources to say for sure, just bizarre how a player of his quality is still unattached. I know we were in for Hope however - and to be honest I think a player like that would burn up this league. Going to throw a wee poser out there too.......if Hibs went for Scott Robinson would people cut him slack ?
    Not seen enough of Robinson to comment. If he came in.... Did a decent job and took responsibility then I''d be ok with it.

What you hearing TH??

Very strange - a player of his age gets the chance of a longer deal on more money in a higher league and turns it down? Either the reported facts are wrong or there's something else going on, because I don't believe Heffernan is staying just for the facilities at East Mains.

That said, if he can produce commitment on the pitch to match the spin in the article then we'll be pleased that he's still here regardless of the true reason.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Not seen enough of Robinson to comment. If he came in.... Did a decent job and took responsibility then I''d be ok with it.

What you hearing TH??
    Only hearing that he would be keen (Hibs fan despite his press stuff last year) and that he is peed off getting released (or told he is no longer required) - he is tidy as a player, decent as a holding type in front of the central pairing - has a wee nasty streak in him. Knows Scottish football and where we are in a league with Hearts, he may want to prove something - I like players who have something to prove and are still young enough to want it.

Testimonial Due
    My worry is that we need cover for David Gray (proper cover)

if Hibs went for Scott Robinson would people cut him slack ?
    Forget about "cover". We will add 1 or 2 max and these need to be first picks as there are still plenty glaring deficiencies to address. Thankfully Stubbs won't be looking for cover.

That also applies to the second suggestion of signing a laddie released by Hertz????????????????

Only hearing that he would be keen (Hibs fan despite his press stuff last year) and that he is peed off getting released (or told he is no longer required) - he is tidy as a player, decent as a holding type in front of the central pairing - has a wee nasty streak in him. Knows Scottish football and where we are in a league with Hearts, he may want to prove something - I like players who have something to prove and are still young enough to want it.
    If AS thinks he's good enough to do a job then I'd be happy with that.

Not ITK but I do think there are a few comings and goings prior to the end of the window.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Good on him, he could've taken the money and run but he's shown a desire to stay and fight for his place, and hopefully right a few wrongs. If the whole squad is happy to do the same then that's half the battle

United we stand here....

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    Forget about "cover". We will add 1 or 2 max and these need to be first picks as there are still plenty glaring deficiencies to address. Thankfully Stubbs won't be looking for cover.

That also applies to the second suggestion of signing a laddie released by Hertz????????????????
    I'd suggest we need 'cover' for right back, as we have Hanlon/Gardiner/Forster/Fontaine for CH's and we have Booth/Stevenson for left back.

When I said cover perhaps I should have said 'competition'. I still think if DG gets injured, we need a player who can get up the flank and defend properly.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    If AS thinks he's good enough to do a job then I'd be happy with that.

Not ITK but I do think there are a few comings and goings prior to the end of the window.
    I'm not saying AS is keen Aldo mate, only that SR is keen - I only posed the question because last year he said some things about Hibs (media promptings) that may make it hard for him to connect with the fans - he reminds me of Michael Stewart - good player, arrogant bar steward, could actually be a 'Hibs gain'

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Stevie May Sale...
    That would be a right kick in the stanes if you were a St Johnstone fan. Sell Stevie May and use some of the money to sign Heffernan.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    That would be a right kick in the stanes if you were a St Johnstone fan. Sell Stevie May and use some of the money to sign Heffernan.
    St Johnstone always have me scratching my head beefster......Preston always always waxes lyrical about them being well run, yet I often see who they have signed and wonder 'how on earth are they affording that' - not sure what incentives are offered, if any, but certainly based on crowds and merchandising they are a club that are not only punching above their weight, but they must be offering other incentives........good club, delighted that they beat Aberdeen but their board must invest a fair bit surely

St Johnstone always have me scratching my head beefster......Preston always always waxes lyrical about them being well run, yet I often see who they have signed and wonder 'how on earth are they affording that' - not sure what incentives are offered, if any, but certainly based on crowds and merchandising they are a club that are not only punching above their weight, but they must be offering other incentives........good club, delighted that they beat Aberdeen but their board must invest a fair bit surely
    From what I heard from a mate who supports them is that the owner is a very shrewd businessman. Owns a fair bit of land and buys and sells it when needed

First Team Breakthrough Hfc_Since1875's Avatar
    I know someone at st johnstone and they are very well run, really do live within their means and dont spend what they dont have!

They invested VERY little this summer, infact cut their wage bill, one thing they do is plan short term and with the exception of a few players they keep contracts to 1-2 years so that should they be relegated then they can quickly downsize accordingly

Was delighted when they won the cup!

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm pretty sure the 'incentives' may include housing. Geoff Brown was a property developer.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Green-T View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 'incentives' may include housing. Geoff Brown was a property developer.
    I've heard that but if true I've often wondered why Hibs don't do that - Sir Tom owns a lot of residential property in Edinburgh, a lot !

There's some good players signed for St Johnstone and some used to good pay - like you say though, like them as a club and I know two or three Saintees so it was only a curiosity - often thought we could do with Dave MacKay at the back too - nails !

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    Can't believe this, gutted tbh!

Hefferman can't run and offers very little in general play. The guy who sits next to me keeps telling me he is a penalty box player, but does he even score that many, what's his Hibs ratio??

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    Can't believe this, gutted tbh!

Hefferman can't run and offers very little in general play. The guy who sits next to me keeps telling me he is a penalty box player, but does he even score that many, what's his Hibs ratio??
    Hibs ratio = injured more often than not, usually in the warm up !

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Very strange - a player of his age gets the chance of a longer deal on more money in a higher league and turns it down? Either the reported facts are wrong or there's something else going on, because I don't believe Heffernan is staying just for the facilities at East Mains.

That said, if he can produce commitment on the pitch to match the spin in the article then we'll be pleased that he's still here regardless of the true reason.
    Would be amazed if Heff wasn't away prob to England by Monday.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    He would be a reasonable fit IMO.

Defo not a hibs fan, Celtic fan. Played with at Hutchison Vale and Hearts.

He must be getting more money here.

I'm too cynical to believe that he wants to stay and fight for his place etc etc.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe he's got family / personal reasons for wanting to stay in Edinburgh. Does he have children?

Coaching Staff
    Defo not a hibs fan, Celtic fan. Played with at Hutchison Vale and Hearts.
    Not what I'm hearing

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    How can StJ afford to pay more than Hibs even allowing for us being in a lower league?
    Everyone got their wage cut in half after relegation

Not what I'm hearing
    Unless he changed to being a hibby while at Hearts then he was a Celtic fan

Coaching Staff
    Unless he changed to being a hibby while at Hearts then he was a Celtic fan
    Hey if you know him mate, fair doos - just not what I was told this week. Saying that, I played with Hutchie and trained with them......and look at me

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    Everyone got their wage cut in half after relegation
    nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    nonsense
    Was told even the young lads had it cut in half