hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I still think it was absolutely shocking that 30+ year old players were getting 2 year deals at ER, Nelson another who should've had 1 year only at his age and level.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still think it was absolutely shocking that 30+ year old players were getting 2 year deals at ER, Nelson another who should've had 1 year only at his age and level.
    Depends how strong your bargaining position is.

@hibs.net private member
    I think it's great that a player is choosing to stay with us . I can't recall a player in recent times doing this - a real endorsement of what's happening at the club - last season they would have been running for the door !

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I think it's great that a player is choosing to stay with us . I can't recall a player in recent times doing this - a real endorsement of what's happening at the club - last season they would have been running for the door !
    Or the other team are paying less wages !.

I find it shocking that people are so ignorant as to believe 30+ year old players shouldn't get 2 or more year deals at Easter Road if they are good enough. What if a 30 year old comes in and scores 25 goals for us this season? Do we just have to accept losing him at the end of the season when someone else comes in for him because of our new 1 year deals for over 30s policy?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    I like his commitment to the club, and I hope he can start scoring goals, but based on what weve seen over the last year and a bit, I cant say I would have been disappointed had he gone and we were in the position to sign someone else. Seems a daft decision from his point of view though, I thought he would have jumped at another couple of years on more money and at a higher level, especially given that hes 33 in a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Or the other team are paying less wages !.
    I think they were offering more from what one of the articles said??

Fair play to the guy, he seems to want to put things right after last season. We can't knock him for that. Hopefully he gets himself a bit sharper. I could see him scoring 10-15 goals for us this year. Double that up with Farid's total, well not be to bad in the goals department

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High time he started scoring some goals.

@hibs.net private member
    Fair play to him for wanting to stay and try to help us get back up. I don't think he's good enough and I still don't know where people get the idea he'll score lots of goals from. Ideally, he'd pick a club up somewhere and we could bring in a better replacement.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Fair play to him for wanting to stay and try to help us get back up. I don't think he's good enough and I still don't know where people get the idea he'll score lots of goals from. Ideally, he'd pick a club up somewhere and we could bring in a better replacement.
    I want to believe that he still has it in him to score goals regularly, especially in this division, but he has a lot of work to do to convince me that he is the player of old. If he scores 15-20 goals then I'll be more than happy to sing his praises!
    Last edited by yankyhibby; 28-08-2014 at 01:35 PM.

He's hardly set the world alight since he signed for us. Even allowing for injuries and one or two games to get him up to full speed, he's not really produced it on the park. I say full speed, he's not really that speedy anyway. We do need another striker, and IMO Heffernan staying makes that look unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I find it shocking that people are so ignorant as to believe 30+ year old players shouldn't get 2 or more year deals at Easter Road if they are good enough. What if a 30 year old comes in and scores 25 goals for us this season? Do we just have to accept losing him at the end of the season when someone else comes in for him because of our new 1 year deals for over 30s policy?
    These two ( Heff and Nelson ) were/are past there best and were panic buys at the end of the window, a 1 year deal should've been all they got but no, we've been lumbered with them for 1 more year ( at least Nelson is gone ). Nothing against 30+ players as long as these playersare of a decent quality, McFadden etc.

These two ( Heff and Nelson ) were/are past there best and were panic buys at the end of the window, a 1 year deal should've been all they got but no, we've been lumbered with them for 1 more year ( at least Nelson is gone ). Nothing against 30+ players as long as these playersare of a decent quality, McFadden etc.
    And what if they had both been brilliant for us and walked away to somewhere else on frees?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    And what if they had both been brilliant for us and walked away to somewhere else on frees?
    but they weren't.

Coaching Staff
    I'd rather he left and we got a more mobile, energetic striker.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We were crying out for some experienced pro's to be added to our side and those two both met the criteria. It's unfortunate that Heffernan has had his problems with injuries but Nelson had far more good games than many here would give him credit for. There was nothing wrong with offering them 2 year deals at the time, many here were crying out for a bit of stability and less loans and 1 year deals.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    we've spent years with players heading for the doors at the first opportunity - let's just celebrate he wants to stay!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He's been a complete failure from day 1, there may be mitigating circumstance but deary me we need much more than what he offers.
    Just staying fit for a couple of months would be a bonus, he seems to have been injured for most of his time with us.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    He's a striker. We need goals. A fully fit Heff will score goals.OK he has hardly been prolific but his appearances have been limited. Yes he has missed good chances but every striker does. Some go months without scoring before the touch returns. I'm glad he wants to stay to be honest and if he is doing it for less money then that says an awful lot about the guy. Let's get behind him and not make him the latest in a long line of scapegoats when things go wrong.

C'mon Heff start banging them in son

Heff was always more prolific in a 4-4-2 starting line up and it may take him a bit to get used to new formations and style of play. After we switched to 4-4-2 on Tuesday, we scored the goals so maybe AS will switch to this in the future. He has got goals in him, and if fully fit I hope he starts getting them in sooner rather than later. Turning down money to stay? Brilliant. Well done Heff.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Just staying fit for a couple of months would be a bonus, he seems to have been injured for most of his time with us.
    Agreed. He is 33 but not a fit 33.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    High time he started scoring some goals.
    i'd settle for him getting a couple of touches of the ball first

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Heff was always more prolific in a 4-4-2 starting line up and it may take him a bit to get used to new formations and style of play. After we switched to 4-4-2 on Tuesday, we scored the goals so maybe AS will switch to this in the future. He has got goals in him, and if fully fit I hope he starts getting them in sooner rather than later. Turning down money to stay? Brilliant. Well done Heff.
    We have played 4-4-2 in both league home games and he's started both, missing 3 or 4 sitters over the piece.

Hopefully he is waiting on a better offer.

First Team Breakthrough
    They don't do biscuits on a Friday at St Johnstone

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Other than past performance ( which is no guarantee) I am not sure why quite so many folk are creaming themselves that McFadden might join us.

I saw nothing last season to suggest that he would be the saviour we all desire

I think it speaks volumes for his attitude / present ability that the window is nearly closed and he still hasn't signed for anyone.

We have had more than our fair share of guys here to take the money rather than contribute and I don't see anything different in McFadden

By the way I am gutted Heffernan is staying, whatever was once there is long gone. do the names Kuqi or Johannson(sp) ring any bells?

Was an offer actually made? If so, am I right in thinking we might have even got a little cash out the deal?

If AS is happy he is staying does anyone think that it may be because he knows that we will not be getting anyone else in before Monday or at least anyone that might contribute to the goals tally?

We have been linked with a couple of other players but no forwards or attacking midfielders yet unless I have missed something.

A question to those that have seen him playing, does he look as if he getting near a fitness level that he had when he first came to ER.

If I got to choose I would have Cummings starting before him. Cummings needs a run of a few games as a starter. Younger with more upside to him than Heffernan in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    Was an offer actually made? If so, am I right in thinking we might have even got a little cash out the deal?

If AS is happy he is staying does anyone think that it may be because he knows that we will not be getting anyone else in before Monday or at least anyone that might contribute to the goals tally?

We have been linked with a couple of other players but no forwards or attacking midfielders yet unless I have missed something.

A question to those that have seen him playing, does he look as if he getting near a fitness level that he had when he first came to ER.

If I got to choose I would have Cummings starting before him. Cummings needs a run of a few games as a starter. Younger with more upside to him than Heffernan in my opinion.
    In answer to your question, no.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I still think he will move and will go to a lower league English club prior to the window ending. This story coming out will more than likely increase the interest in him IMO.