Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Start winning? Add players? HAHAHA!
    I know, it was a bit far fetched 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    While every one on here is entitled to their opinion on how good or bad things are at the club the personal abuse being dished out towards players and management alike is getting way over the top .
    When I first joined the message board there was nothing like the bile that is now being spouted by some. It was somewhere for fellow supporters to discuss the goings on at the club and results good or bad. It was usually critical it was often funny and sometimes it was informative. Now a large percentage of the stuff on here is just disgusting garbage especially in the wake of a poor result like yesterday.
    The disgraceful Harris thread is just about the last straw for me.
    I fully expect the usual replies but much more of this rubbish will see me heading off or at least confining any contributions to the PM board.
    Well said Sir

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    There is valid criticism then there is vile and poisonous comments directed at the Board, the Players and fellow supporters. We have had far too much of the latter recently.
    exactly what I was going to say - it's one thing to criticise the team or players then there is the constant use of expletives and personal attacks that are way overboard.

Fair play to the admins though, I've seen quite a few posts deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Winning team fans are happy, team relegated, not winning fans angry!!

Not rocket science but I think maybe just maybe, we start winning and add players and threads will be more positive! Just a thought!!!!!
    This. Fans of every club are the same as well. I completely agree Hibs fans have been moaning b******s of late but I refuse to accept we are worse than any other set of fans. Up until about February Hearts fans were tearing in to Locke despite the circumstances they found themselves in. Then they started winning and they suddenly wanted to keep him. Rangers fans despite winning most weeks (granted they should be) don't have much time for their greatest ever striker. Celtic supporters are on Delias back already. Remember what Aberdeen fans were like under Craig Brown? StMirren fans wanted shot of Danny Lennon despite him winning a cup and keeping them in the Spl which is as good as it'll ever get for them.

Now we have a situation where folk are moaning about folk moaning. Bit ironic that. And say Harris scores on Tuesday, the folk moaning about the moaners will be on here straight away to gloat and say that they told you so. If folk want to moan at a game or on here so be it, it's their choice. It shouldn't become personal and in the main I don't think it does. The vast majority of the shouts I hear at games or read on hear relate to someone doing or not doing their job on the park. IMO of course.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This. Fans of every club are the same as well. I completely agree Hibs fans have been moaning b******s of late but I refuse to accept we are worse than any other set of fans. Up until about February Hearts fans were tearing in to Locke despite the circumstances they found themselves in. Then they started winning and they suddenly wanted to keep him. Rangers fans despite winning most weeks (granted they should be) don't have much time for their greatest ever striker. Celtic supporters are on Delias back already. Remember what Aberdeen fans were like under Craig Brown? StMirren fans wanted shot of Danny Lennon despite him winning a cup and keeping them in the Spl which is as good as it'll ever get for them.

Now we have a situation where folk are moaning about folk moaning. Bit ironic that. And say Harris scores on Tuesday, the folk moaning about the moaners will be on here straight away to gloat and say that they told you so. If folk want to moan at a game or on here so be it, it's their choice. It shouldn't become personal and in the main I don't think it does. The vast majority of the shouts I hear at games or read on hear relate to someone doing or not doing their job on the park. IMO of course.
    I couldn't have wrote that any better myself. Well said!

I have nothing against Harris personally, my opinion of the lad is he's not good enough to play first team football I don't think Stanton is either. They may well go on and mature into good players I've no idea but as it stands these guys are very poor IMO that is and I'd like better players. Sadly though the board have appointed to many crap managers and had to waste money paying them off so we don't have cash it would seem.

Unless they pull Griffiths out their arse then I'll be on to praise them like mad! 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't really add anything to the OP's comment apart from a 100% agree

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Agree totally with the OP. There is no doubt valid criticism however the level of personal abuse goes way beyond that is simply disgusting. Bottom line is that it is only a game.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The OP is spot on. The forum is fast being ruined by folk who can't debate a point without spitting the dummy and becoming abusive. That's if they've not already started on the abuse aimed at the club, staff, and players.

With friends like these...
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

While every one on here is entitled to their opinion on how good or bad things are at the club the personal abuse being dished out towards players and management alike is getting way over the top .
    When I first joined the message board there was nothing like the bile that is now being spouted by some. It was somewhere for fellow supporters to discuss the goings on at the club and results good or bad. It was usually critical it was often funny and sometimes it was informative. Now a large percentage of the stuff on here is just disgusting garbage especially in the wake of a poor result like yesterday.
    I fully expect the usual replies but much more of this rubbish will see me heading off or at least confining any contributions to the PM board.
    I agree completely with that.

Tell you what though. As soon as someone "leaves the building" as a result of that sort of behaviour the admin team gets the usual pish about stopping free speech and weeding out a certain group of posters. So it doesn't matter what we do.

Warnings have been posted up repeatedly but they're continually ignored. Maybe we should just start removing people in the way that we're often accused of doing, it's not as if it could make us any more unpopular

I read .net for years before taking the plunge & joining last year. The main reason being I need my bairns to set sky + / show me how to use a computer/phone..I'm glad I did and enjoy having a look everyday & wasting time at work re new signings, moaning about things in general and just being a hibby. I've got to agree with a lot of views saying things are less humorous and more bile gets spouted but... I'm sick of the blame fans shi** being spouted. A decent team playing good football isn't to much to ask for a club of our size / capability and everything would be good in the world. GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!
    Is it really so hard for some to focus on attacking the argument and not the person?

Excellent post.

There is a clear difference between criticising a player for a poor decision or a poor game, and the personal attacks that have become commonplace. Unfortunately the keyboard warriors are desperately trying to outdo each other with the latter.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Jim Herriot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yankyhibby View Post
    Is it really so hard for some to focus on attacking the argument and not the person?
    'You must be drunk. Or on drugs.'

This is a common rejoinder on here that always annoys me.

Well said. Great post and I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    I used to be on here all the time, posting lots and quite enjoying a lot of what was posted regardless of how the team were performing.

Now i hardly ever post and sometimes avoid the main board completely for days at a time because of the bile and venom spouted towards the club, the players and even each other as fans......its toxic IMO and getting worse.

Makes me long for the days when YeomanJaniceRand was the pinnacle of doom and gloom trolling
    Ah the halcyon days of .net

Maybe its a reflection on changes is society, the all prevailing immediacy of the internet that is now widely available or the fault of Simon Cowell, but the tone and humour has shifted over the years of me reading and posting on here and in previous incarnations. Even when things wern't going well on the pitch there was a dark humour to posts, now it just seems like the same bile and vitriol and hate gets regurgitated every week and makes visiting hibs.net less of a priority for me and less of a fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Ah the halcyon days of .net

Maybe its a reflection on changes is society, the all prevailing immediacy of the internet that is now widely available or the fault of Simon Cowell, but the tone and humour has shifted over the years of me reading and posting on here and in previous incarnations. Even when things wern't going well on the pitch there was a dark humour to posts, now it just seems like the same bile and vitriol and hate gets regurgitated every week and makes visiting hibs.net less of a priority for me and less of a fun experience.
    Keep smiling Mr G!!

Quote Originally Posted by gegs70 View Post
    Keep smiling Mr G!!
    Always! If there is anything supporting Hibs has taught me, it's to keep on smiling

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Winning team fans are happy, team relegated, not winning fans angry!!

Not rocket science but I think maybe just maybe, we start winning and add players and threads will be more positive! Just a thought!!!!!
    Unless we are not winning "the Hibs way" that is. then they still get it tight.

OP is on the button.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Just out of interest and not meant as a defence of some of the stuff heing said, especially the Harris thread, but since hibs.net came into being is this the longest period of poor performance on the park?

It must be close which certainly explains a hell of a lot of the criticism whilst not excusing personal abuse of course.
    Does this "streak" go back to the departure of Mowbray and the appointment of JC. Sure, he won the League Cup but the rot set in there. After JC no manager had a winning %age above 40%. But Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher in succession dragged the club down.

As for the OP, I try not to criticise players personally on the forum, although self restraint is hard when it comes to some performances. However, criticising of Management is fair game.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    Unless we are not winning "the Hibs way" that is. then they still get it tight.

OP is on the button.
    When did this happen? If we win games we are a lot happier as is this place, some folk just want want to make things up.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    When did this happen? If we win games we are a lot happier as is this place, some folk just want want to make things up.
    Usually happier but not always. Calderwoods wee spell of wins. Yogi.

A wee reminder from May, but still valid now........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...-Reminder*****

Usually happier but not always. Calderwoods wee spell of wins. Yogi.
    Calderwood spell was an unmitigated disaster from the moment he arrived to the day he left, and while there was some folk a little unhappy under yogi even when we were winning, are you honestly trying to say this message board was as negative as it is now when we were sitting 2nd in the league under Hughes?

As i said and others too, Hibs winning regularly equals Hibs fans happy and that means this message board is more upbeat.

I'd actually be more worried if Hibs fans were happy at the moment.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Agree with the op . Its more depressing on the MB than at the games .

Ggtth

Calderwood spell was an unmitigated disaster from the moment he arrived to the day he left, and while there was some folk a little unhappy under yogi even when we were winning, are you honestly trying to say this message board was as negative as it is now when we were sitting 2nd in the league under Hughes?
    I don't think that's what I said.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    And say Harris scores on Tuesday, the folk moaning about the moaners will be on here straight away to gloat and say that they told you so.
    I find this part of your post especially interesting.

As i said and others too, Hibs winning regularly equals Hibs fans happy and that means this message board is more upbeat.

I'd actually be more worried if Hibs fans were happy at the moment.
    Of course people are unhappy but it's the way it's expressed that's the problem.

Over the years users have pushed as far as they can to see where the line is. Well it's been reached

I don't think that's what I said.
    So you agree that when we are winning regularly things are better in the stands and on this message board?

People !!, before everyone on Hibs.net indulges in a mass wrist slitting excercise, can I just remind one and all that the last time we were down ( under Alex McLeish ) there were some very indifferent performances before things got going and we strolled it winning by a record number of points.
    Now, I'm not suggesting anything similar is going to happen this season, I see no Sauzee's, Latapy's or Matty Jack's winging their way to ER. and we didn't have the two manky mobs to contend with, but, really , keep calm , support the team and FFS. give Stubbs a chance he's just in the door. !!

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    One thing that most definitely does happen on this board is that when we go through a wee run of bad results under a manager, many then start pulling apart the good results and claiming that we were lucky to win the games that we did - I'm actually very surprised that more folk haven't started claiming we were lucky to win against Livi (even though it would be completely untrue).

Our most successful managers in recent times - McLeish, Mowbray and Collins - are all regularly labelled as simply being lucky on here.