hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know and don't care. Do know that if mocking other peoples' efforts for the club they love was an Olympic sport .net would have a few gold medalists. Too many would rather sit back and take the piss than actually put their head above the parapet and try to force change.

Fill in the survey, or don't. Your choice.
    What efforts are being made just now then? I've not heard very much from the group. Don't know if much change is being forced.

It certainly doesn't loot or sound like it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

There is no real appetite for change among the fans to be honest. Any suggestion of fan ownership (our only realistic chance of change) is usually shouted down on here.
    I think most are happy just to carry on with Farmer.
    Totally depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    There is no real appetite for change among the fans to be honest. Any suggestion of fan ownership (our only realistic chance of change) is usually shouted down on here.
    I think most are happy just to carry on with Farmer.
    Totally depressing.
    I think there is appetite if the right people come along with some concrete and sensibly put together proposals and offer.

What we have just now is Paul Kane and some assorted chums with a half baked plan that they have all gone silent on and that bloke Low with his offer that has been rejected out of hand and seems, to me, to have been nothing more than a publicity stunt for him.

Hibs are not and never will be a cashcow or profit making venture for any investor. If Tom Farmer can work with the fans, through Leeann, to investigate and agree a way to hand a good chunk of the club over to fan ownership that would be the best way to secure the future of Hibs and re-engage with the fans.

And if Stubbs can get this bunch converted into a winning team playing decent football, most fans won't give a toss about who owns the club!
    Last edited by Iain G; 25-08-2014 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    I think there is appetite if the right people come along with some concrete and sensibly put together proposals and offer.

What we have just now is Paul Kane and some assorted chums with a half baked plan that they have all gone silent on and that bloke Low with his offer that has been rejected out of hand and seems, to me, to have been nothing more than a publicity stunt for him.

Hibs are not and never will be a cashcow or profit making venture for any investor. If Tom Farmer can work with the fans, through Leeann, to investigate and agree a way to hand a good chunk of the club over to fan ownership that would be the best way to secure the future of Hibs and re-engage with the fans.

And if Stubbs can get this bunch converted into a winning team playing decent football, most fans won't give a toss about who owns the club!
    Good Post Iain. As always.

The protest was then. This is now. Petrie is a part-owner. He will only leave our club if someone buys him out. For him to sell he and Sir Tom would both have to trust the new owners.

A lot of work will have to be undertaken to get the club to that point. We need to look ahead to Hibernian 2020 and agree a shared vision and business model FIRST. Then we will have a goal yo work towards - on and off the park

There is no evidence of either of those things happening. Tom Farmer has never once mentioned handing the club on to the fans and so far Stubbs has lost 75% of his fixtures.
    It's obviously early days for Stubbs but on fan ownership it is going to have to come from the fans themselves.
    There has never been a call for a boycott but it's clear there is an unofficial one underway and it is gaining strength.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's Petries fault we are in a financial mess and can't afford anyone to replace Heffernan.

He got plenty plaudits when things were good so he can't be immune to the criticism now it's all gone mammaries skywards.
    If we were fan owned then we'd have had the ambition to sign someone more clinical than Heffernan, who probably would have scored that header.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    There is no evidence of either of those things happening. Tom Farmer has never once mentioned handing the club on to the fans and so far Stubbs has lost 75% of his fixtures.
    It's obviously early days for Stubbs but on fan ownership it is going to have to come from the fans themselves.
    There has never been a call for a boycott but it's clear there is an unofficial one underway and it is gaining strength.
    Leeann has hinted at it, she was involved with the fan ownership / representation at Motherwell and has suggested that they are looking at fan involvement and ownership model at Hibs.

Tom Farmer is a fairly silent owner, he doesn't really comment hugely about anything Hibs.

What unofficial boycot?!?

We need to get behind the club, its that simple really at the moment, boycotts and protests and rants will keep on happening but keep it away from the matchday.

We need to get behind this team and support them to promotion, to hell with last season or Liam Craig or Rod Petrie or whatever the **** the issues are, otherwise we will, as the collective Hibernian FC, be here again next year, kicking off another season in the championship.

"Half baked plan". How do you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    "Half baked plan". How do you know that?
    Only by what I've read and heard Kane state in the press.

If it was a fully formed plan I think they would have advanced it further by now and been open and tried to get the support onside.

And if the plan itself isnt half baked then the communication of their plan certainly is.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

If it was a fully formed plan I think they would have advanced it further by now and been open and tried to get the support onside.

And if the plan itself isnt half baked then the communication of their plan certainly is.
    I thought STF had sworn them to secrecy?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I thought STF had sworn them to secrecy?
    I have no idea! Was that suggested by Kane and his team or just a hibs.net fact

And wouldnt that just be secrecy over the meeting and not on what their plans are?

I have no idea! Was that suggested by Kane and his team or just a hibs.net fact
    I'm not sure, but if its true then until such times as STF accepts or rejects any new offer, its only right we don't know much of what's going on?

I'm not sure, but if its true then until such times as STF accepts or rejects any new offer, its only right we don't know much of what's going on?
    If the parties are genuinely targeting a takeover of the club and plan an element of fan ownership, then they should be clearly and properly connecting with the support by now.

IMHO of course.

Building bridges and clear and honest links now will be key to the fans moving forward as one. Paul Kane, as the public face of the group, should be regularly discussing their plans and hopes and ideas with the fanbase.

If the parties are genuinely targeting a takeover of the club and plan an element of fan ownership, then they should be clearly and properly connecting with the support by now.

IMHO of course.

Building bridges and clear and honest links now will be key to the fans moving forward as one. Paul Kane, as the public face of the group, should be regularly discussing their plans and hopes and ideas with the fanbase.
    And go against STF's wishes?

IMHO of course.

Iain
    Www.scottishfans.org/Hibs
    Give your thoughts or views and it will help

And go against STF's wishes?
    I got the impression that STF, if indeed this is true, didn;t want them talking about their meeting. Don't see why they couldn't and shouldn't be discussing their hopes and ambitions.

I got the impression that STF, if indeed this is true, didn;t want them talking about their meeting. Don't see why they couldn't and shouldn't be discussing their hopes and ambitions.
    I took it that he did not wish any of the details to get out until they had finished all the negotiations? Not that i agree with that, but can understand why he'd prefer it that way.

I personally think Kane is wasting his time, i don't believe STF wants to sell. Yet i have no idea why he wants to hold onto it either?

I took it that he did not wish any of the details to get out until they had finished all the negotiations? Not that i agree with that, but can understand why he'd prefer it that way.

I personally think Kane is wasting his time, i don't believe STF wants to sell. Yet i have no idea why he wants to hold onto it either?
    I think he will sell, or gift, the club when a plan is agreed that allows him to feel he is passing the club into safe hands. He has said he saved the club for the local community and I suspect he doesn't want to hand it over to people he thinks may not have the capability to maintain that or to preserve the club for the fans and the community. If he is hoping for a profit, he bought the wrong club

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    This board needs to step up to the plate in the next week and show us that we're serious about going up this season. If that doesn't happen and we don't make the playoffs then the protests will be back, only much bigger IMO

United we stand here....

I think he will sell, or gift, the club when a plan is agreed that allows him to feel he is passing the club into safe hands. He has said he saved the club for the local community and I suspect he doesn't want to hand it over to people he thinks may not have the capability to maintain that or to preserve the club for the fans and the community. If he is hoping for a profit, he bought the wrong club
    Is there anyone out there who have the capabilities, or is STF the only one? If he carry's on as he is, there wont be many fans left to preserve it for?

Is there anyone out there who have the capabilities, or is STF the only one? If he carry's on as he is, there wont be many fans left to preserve it for?
    Again, no idea, need to ask STF that question! Suspect a solid business plan would need to be developed, more than just "umm get Rod oot and buy some good players"

Again, no idea, need to ask STF that question! Suspect a solid business plan would need to be developed, more than just "umm get Rod oot and buy some good players"
    That would be a good start though.

That would be a good start though.
    Nah, they need to start by improving the quality of the pies

Knowing some of the individuals involved their plans are most certainly NOT "Half baked". And as you have no idea what their plans are it's a bit "half baked" to write them off.

Knowing some of the individuals involved their plans are most certainly NOT "Half baked". And as you have no idea what their plans are it's a bit "half baked" to write them off.
    Well perhaps if they communicated them to the fans I would know, which was my point. I have no idea who the individuals are, I am not privy to their thoughts and ideas and as a fan I would like them to come out and tell us how they plan to take the club forward.

Thank you for helping me stress their communication has been poor ;)

At the moment my personal perception is that how they have dealt with things so far has been occasionally amateurish, showing no transparency, asking for blind trust and generally poorly communicated. Until they let us know their plans I am more than happy, based on what I have seen and read online and in the press, to hang onto my view of them being half baked and with communication to the fans that is half arsed and amateurish at best.

Well perhaps if they communicated them to the fans I would know, which was my point. I have no idea who the individuals are, I am not privy to their thoughts and ideas and as a fan I would like them to come out and tell us how they plan to take the club forward.

Thank you for helping me stress their communication has been poor ;)

At the moment my personal perception is that how they have dealt with things so far has been occasionally amateurish, showing no transparency, asking for blind trust and generally poorly communicated. Until they let us know their plans I am more than happy, based on what I have seen and read online and in the press, to hang onto my view of them being half baked and with communication to the fans that is half arsed and amateurish at best.
    Others have explained why they haven't communicated their plans.

Yet WITHOUT knowing what their plans are you have concluded that they are "Half baked".

Why pre judge?

Others have explained why they haven't communicated their plans.

Yet WITHOUT knowing what their plans are you have concluded that they are "Half baked".

Why pre judge?
    Am not pre-judging, am judging based on how they have dealt with things so far. In my opinion it far too quickly morphed from a simple campaign to get Petrie Out to murmurs of a full blown take over of the club. They should be clearer about their intentions, fine if they cant divulge full on details, but the need to improve communications and their presentation of themselves a helluva lot than what they have achieved so far.

And I stand by my view that, based on presentation, communication and the message so far, that it feels half baked, half arsed on they have as a minimum gone of half cocked...

They need to be clear, concise, open and honest about their plans.

Left by mutual consent!
    I might have picked it up wrong (it was later on Saturday night & I'd had a wee refreshment) but Mike Riley in the Hibs Club said to me that there was a supporters meeting in the Club this Wednesday night where the head honcho from Supporters Direct was going to speak about fan ownership at Hibs. Not seen it mentioned elsewhere though so I might have got it wrong.

Agree with some earlier posts though that's it all gone quiet on the takeover front & apathy setting in. Suspect little will happen until shareholders AGM - now that could be an interesting night!

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    I wonder if that apathy people are mentioning will keep the protests away after tonight.

1 win 4.

Quote Originally Posted by scott7_0(Prague) View Post
    I wonder if that apathy people are mentioning will keep the protests away after tonight.

1 win 4.
    Oops.