hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar

Why no protests, why no shouting, where is Kano etc.....

"Why no protests, why no shouting, where is Kano etc....."

Just an observation, it's all gone quiet and it seems the fans have accepted Petrie's change in the boardroom - but seems nothing apart from our style of play has changed on the pitch.

We need change, we need players, we need points.

Discuss!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by scott7_0(Prague) View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Just an observation, it's all gone quiet and it seems the fans have accepted Petrie's change in the boardroom - but seems nothing apart from our style of play has changed on the pitch.

Discuss!
    We've made changes, we've got new players but if we don't start getting points then it's back to square 1. I'm hoping for a play-off spot as we're not a league winning side at the moment.

Change will likely require a broad agree of what the change should be, players require money which I don't think we have and no one will invest into current regime.

It's brutal but it is still very active just in a different way

protesting and shouting is futile when no one is listening

rod wont leave , sir tam wont sell so whats the point

theyre happy to cream what they can from the club and to hell with what anyone else thinks

Coaching Staff
    Getting beat by Falkirk is not a surprise.

We have not signed enough competent players to improve the gene pool, and have not got rid of enough of last season's squad.

There was a hope that Stubbs somehow would be able to wave a magic wand and the dross would somehow turn into diamonds.

The reality is now setting in with some that while things may have improved,even he can't work miracles, and new blood is needed, and always was needed urgently.

I can only assume that money is the reason for our lack of signings, and if that is the case, then we have little hope of promotion, and could finish mid table or below.

As the saying goes....a team is only as good as it's strikers.

Apathy pure and simple. The board is the same. The product on the park is the same. And the results are the same. The only difference now is that all of these things are happening as we languish at the bottom end of a lower division.

I just don't think there is any apetite for protest.

At the end of last season a majority of fans didn't want to/feel the need for/agree with a protest. Various reason were given for this: didn't see a long term plan, didn't feel it would be effective, didn't like the personalities organising the protest, wanted to give the 'new' regime a chance etc etc.

I don't see why that would have changed in a couple of months.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Spoke to Kano yesterday. For whatever reason the club won't accept their money and won't listen to those who are looking for change in the form of fan ownership. He feels the only way they will take note and listen to the fans is if enough of them voice their displeasure on the Hibernian fc survey.......

www.scottishfans.org/hibs

They can ignore Kano's consortium and others but they couldn't ignore 7-8000 Hibs fans ie their customers.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo Fring View Post
    protesting and shouting is futile when no one is listening

rod wont leave , sir tam wont sell so whats the point

theyre happy to cream what they can from the club and to hell with what anyone else thinks
    What exactly are they creaming from the club?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Is this yet another strategically timed thread with the sole intention of stirring things up after another disappointing defeat yesterday?

Looks like it to me.

The players failed in their duties yesterday and that can/will happen at any time regardless of the off field political manouverings. At this stage of the season we really should be concentrating on the playing side of the Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Spoke to Kano yesterday. For whatever reason the club won't accept their money and won't listen to those who are looking for change in the form of fan ownership. He feels the only way they will take note and listen to the fans is if enough of them voice their displeasure on the Hibernian fc survey.......

They can ignore Kano's consortium and others but they couldn't ignore 7-8000 Hibs fans ie their customers.
    They have ignored us for years mate...to be frank an online survey wont make a blind bit of difference and if that's what Kano's plan hinges on he might as well give up now!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    They have ignored us for years mate...to be frank an online survey wont make a blind bit of difference and if that's what Kano's plan hinges on he might as well give up now!
    Mibbes aye, mibbes naw.......but if you are interested in fan ownership it took less than 2 mins to fill it in. Nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Is this yet another strategically timed thread with the sole intention of stirring things up after another disappointing defeat yesterday?

Looks like it to me.

The players failed in their duties yesterday and that can/will happen at any time regardless of the off field political manouverings. At this stage of the season we really should be concentrating on the playing side of the Club.
    Maybe somebody should tell the board that they should have been concentrating on the playing side as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Maybe somebody should tell the board that they should have been concentrating on the playing side as well.
    We're about to go round in ever decreasing circles but it's obvious to me that various different Boards have provided various different Managers over the last 7/8 years with more than sufficient funds to ensure at the very least, a top 6 finish.

Sadly neither the Managers nor in particular the players have been up to the task.

Mibbes aye, mibbes naw.......but if you are interested in fan ownership it took less than 2 mins to fill it in. Nothing to lose.
    Oh il complete it buddy deffo but hold no hope of Petrie et al taking a blind bit of notice!! Hey we live in hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    We're about to go round in ever decreasing circles but it's obvious to me that various different Boards have provided various different Managers over the last 7/8 years with more than sufficient funds to ensure at the very least, a top 6 finish.

Sadly neither the Managers nor in particular the players have been up to the task.
    In the past I would agree.

This year I don't believe our transfer activity has been even close to sufficient to achieve what the clubs stated aim was: winning the league. Not even close.

@hibs.net private member

Is this stage 2 or stage 3?

This year I don't believe our transfer activity has been even close to sufficient to achieve what the clubs stated aim was: winning the league. Not even close.

I concur but still live in hope that we'll see some transfer activity before the window shuts. I can only presume that AS was made aware of his budget and he's trying to ensure that he achieves what he is after in the way of signing quality players.

The days of squandering resources and signing players for the sake of signing players must come to an end.

I agree but is that not simply the economics of relegation ,or is it part of the two year strategy being mentioned by some folk and Leeann is prepared to take that longer view to get the Back room staff right now and lay the foundation but banking on top four finish this year with a shot at promotion via play offs .

Is all the speculation about possible new ownership affecting current investment in club and is that a factor

They have been ignoring us for so long now ,am not sure survey will change that but will complete it anyway .The planned open meetings with Leeann and the board is far more direct way to have these discussions as she must realise that the current start to the season will only have served to fuel frustration in fans as once again our cheating rivals appear to have stolen a march on us and appear in healthier position to challenge for title than us .
    If farmer is a reluctant seller then he at least needs to be engaging with us as the real custodians of the club we love to spell out his new vision to take club forward before the wind of change simply blows itself out and leaves us no better off . What is his plan for succession if he doesn't want to sell and what is his plan to attract more inward investment as without that we appear to be stuck relying on shifting more season tickets or more walk ups and that won't happen now . The crowd for Dumbarton game will signify a Sharp drop despite reduced prices The next home game is not that appealing so may well be lower than 9 ,000 .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Is this stage 2 or stage 3?
    Don't know and don't care. Do know that if mocking other peoples' efforts for the club they love was an Olympic sport .net would have a few gold medalists. Too many would rather sit back and take the piss than actually put their head above the parapet and try to force change.

Fill in the survey, or don't. Your choice.
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 24-08-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Testimonial Due
    It's Petrie's fault that Hibs players missed about a million great chances yesterday. Obviously.

If we were fan-owned then Heffernan would have scored that header.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    It's Petrie's fault that Hibs players missed about a million great chances yesterday. Obviously.

Your first statement is correct, if Petrie and the board allowed the manger to bring in a higher and better standard of player we would not be discussing chances missed.

Your second statement is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post

It's Petries fault we are in a financial mess and can't afford anyone to replace Heffernan.

He got plenty plaudits when things were good so he can't be immune to the criticism now it's all gone mammaries skywards.

Coaching Staff
    Sadly I think we are at a tipping point where fans just don't care any longer. The support will, if there is no change, slowly dwindle to a core of 7K to 8K much as I experienced in the past.

Discuss!

We have change, we do still need players and boy do we need the points on the board!

In all reality we are three games into the season and your wanting protests shouting and take overs all over again.?

Our main rivals are well ahead in the points stakes at the moment but they will also drop points over the season too. Hearts have had a good start on us mainly because their young team took a trouncing last season and are at their level now.

Hibs have been in turmoil and have a new regime, new manager and new players too They need time, yes that word again TIME.........

It wont help Stubbs to hear his team booed of the park, did it do any good last season? NO it didnt!

I am so fed up and tired of supporters coming on here with negativity coming out of their ears. For Gawds sake give the season a chance to take shape. IMHO we will be up there fighting for promotion but whether we get it or not is another thing.

Hibs supporters are well known for their unrealistic hopes for their team, we are not world beaters any longer we are Hibs a team who have been to hell and back in recent years and they need TIME to gel before we see the players play as a team.

In stead of trying to stir things up amongst us give us some positive aspects of being a Hibs supporter and get behind your team instead of looking for protests and shouting matches!

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    We have change, we do still need players and boy do we need the points on the board!

In all reality we are three games into the season and your wanting protests shouting and take overs all over again.?

Our main rivals are well ahead in the points stakes at the moment but they will also drop points over the season too. Hearts have had a good start on us mainly because their young team took a trouncing last season and are at their level now.

Hibs have been in turmoil and have a new regime, new manager and new players too They need time, yes that word again TIME.........

It wont help Stubbs to hear his team booed of the park, did it do any good last season? NO it didnt!

I am so fed up and tired of supporters coming on here with negativity coming out of their ears. For Gawds sake give the season a chance to take shape. IMHO we will be up there fighting for promotion but whether we get it or not is another thing.

Hibs supporters are well known for their unrealistic hopes for their team, we are not world beaters any longer we are Hibs a team who have been to hell and back in recent years and they need TIME to gel before we see the players play as a team.

In stead of trying to stir things up amongst us give us some positive aspects of being a Hibs supporter and get behind your team instead of looking for protests and shouting matches!
    My expectations of Hibs have always been to finish in the top half of the league (premierhsip) and have a decent run in at least on of the cups. Not to challenge for titles, not to go on great runs in Europe and not to win trophies every year. I'd even accept the odd year every so oftern where that doesn't happen. I think that's the same for a lot of fans. I certainly don't expect several bottom 6 finishes in a row and relegation.

If that's unrealistic then God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post

Hibs have been in turmoil and have a new regime, new manager and new playejrs too They need time, yes that word again TIME.........

Am not being negative I am just asking if last years protest achieved anything as it seems to be a little quite now, yet we are no better.

Maybe finally us fans are being realistic?

Am not being negative I am just asking if last years protest achieved anything as it seems to be a little quite now, yet we are no better.

Maybe finally us fans are being realistic?
    Or maybe the apathy amongst the fans is so deep they know protests/shouting/booing etc, has little or no effect on the owner or his conduit.

On the brightside, at least there'll be no derby defeats for years.