hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Club Clearout

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh well, if Sir Tom reads this he might wonder why he bothered.
    As do i.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He might have bothered a few years ago but he certainly doesn't bother now, Hibs will never die but for all Petrie and Farmer care we could be in the 3rd division. They are not footballing people and they probably wonder what we are moaning at after all we still have a club so what's the problem !.

Left by mutual consent!
    Without Farmers intervention those supporters not born would now be following Hearts or some other outfit. There would be no Hibs , no hibs.net and no stupid posts like yours.
    Plenty other people bought shares to stop mercer
    Not just farmer. People who didn't have his millions

Also, if duff and gray had sold theirs there was nothing nobody could have done.

Also, the aggressive tactics carried out by the lads left mercer in no doubt what would have happened.

When he did take the club over there were other parties wanting to buy it

So if farmer hadn't bought us we would still have survived.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wish he hadn't. Wish he and his hunderd rod Petrie's would do one

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Aye right, a club would have risen again even if mercer had achieved his goal. There will always be a hibs.
    Like there is a Leith Athletic, a St Bernard's and an Edinburgh City? Yes, Hibernian FC will not die but do you think it would get assistance from the SFA to enter in a lower division?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Aye right, my boy couldn't care less about what happened 25 years ago. He'd rather concentrate on the now and see a team and club lead by charismatic leaders who lead from the front.

He wouldn't recognise STF if he walked pass him in the street, and is baffled just how far we have dropped.
    I bet if you asked most of our squad who the owner was of Hibs they wouldn't have a clue and will never meet him while they are at Hibs.

My son went to Farmer auto care to get two tyres for his car last week, £90, f***ing rip off, i said that's STF for you, he said "who's that".

Quote Originally Posted by Weir7 View Post
    Plenty other people bought shares to stop mercer
    Not just farmer. People who didn't have his millions

Also, if duff and gray had sold theirs there was nothing nobody could have done.

Also, the aggressive tactics carried out by the lads left mercer in no doubt what would have happened.

When he did take the club over there were other parties wanting to buy it

So if farmer hadn't bought us we would still have survived.
    No we wouldn't.As you say,many fans(including me) bought shares to try to thwart Mercer at the time, but noone ,other than STF, with any reputation or credibility, was interested to clear the slate and start again.I was involved with Kenny Maclean Snr,George Stewart,Tom O'Malley,Douglas Cromb,Alan Gordon and others and my legal firm ,where I was a partner,in working day and night to save Hibs at that time and the scurrilous nonsense spoken about STF here is disgusting.He has a genuine affection for Leith(viz.Hibs Community Foundation) and the Club could not have a more solid bank guarantor,without which it could not exist.Those who are complaining should simply provide an equivalent bank guarantee and STF would be more than willing to step aside.
    I am as upset as anyone about the present pathetic state of the Club(Jan 1973 was the best day of my Hibs life) and have no time for Petrie,but meaningless(and defamatory )talk ,wthout anything concrete to back it up,achieves nothing.

In addition all those,who initially bought shares in the previous company and now own shares in the Club were given them by the much maligned STF.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by schinkenotto View Post
    No we wouldn't.As you say,many fans(including me) bought shares to try to thwart Mercer at the time, but noone ,other than STF, with any reputation or credibility, was interested to clear the slate and start again.I was involved with Kenny Maclean Snr,George Stewart,Tom O'Malley,Douglas Cromb,Alan Gordon and others and my legal firm ,where I was a partner,in working day and night to save Hibs at that time and the scurrilous nonsense spoken about STF here is disgusting.He has a genuine affection for Leith(viz.Hibs Community Foundation) and the Club could not have a more solid bank guarantor,without which it could not exist.Those who are complaining should simply provide an equivalent bank guarantee and STF would be more than willing to step aside.
    I am as upset as anyone about the present pathetic state of the Club(Jan 1973 was the best day of my Hibs life) and have no time for Petrie,but meaningless(and defamatory )talk ,wthout anything concrete to back it up,achieves nothing.

In addition all those,who initially bought shares in the previous company and now own shares in the Club were given them by the much maligned STF.
    Yes we wld have. As for community foundation thats a joke. Probably set up say three or four years ago. Twenty years after farmer got involved With hibs
    I suspect Plenty information will come out about farmer getting involved in hibs.

As i understand it Why was Simon pia stopped writing articles in Scotland on Sunday.

Only reason he had to be guarantor to debt run up by his own company. Itshis debt. Who has been in charge when the debt escalated to circa £19m ...... yes his one hundred rod Petrie's.

Yes it was a nice gesture in fans getting shares in the new company. Well done to farmer for that
    Last edited by Weir7; 24-08-2014 at 08:51 PM.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schinkenotto View Post

Well said though I think you are wasting your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Weir7 View Post
    Yes we wld have. As for community foundation thats a joke. Probably set up say three or four years ago. Twenty years after farmer got involved With hibs
    I suspect Plenty information will come out about farmer getting involved in hibs.

As i understand it Why was Simon pia stopped writing articles in Scotland on Sunday.

Only reason he had to be guarantor to debt run up by his own company. Itshis debt. Who has been in charge when the debt escalated to circa £19m ...... yes his one hundred rod Petrie's.

Yes it was a nice gesture in fans getting shares in the new company. Well done to farmer for that
    Those you say wanted to buy the Club at that time did not make themselves known to Hands off Hibs,who instigated the involvement of STF.Why are all those prospective purchasers of standing and repute you mention still invisible after all these years?As for Simon Pia,perhaps his allegations did not stand up to normal journalistic scrutiny.

Aye right, a club would have risen again even if mercer had achieved his goal. There will always be a hibs.
    And who'd support them G. Plenty on here don't even want to go and watch Hibs in the Championship
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    And who'd support them G. Plenty on here don't even want to go and watch Hibs in the Championship
    And thats because a lot of folk have been sickened by the way the club has been run by the very man who saved the club for the community.

If we had gone to the wall, another club would have risen and ALL the supporters would have backed the club in its adversity, like we did do after winning the battle, and like hearts have done recently.

Our position now is nothing like that, and a lot of the support think the reason we are in this position is because of our owner and puppet.

There is a huge division in the club, even some of the fans who still go are very wary of just who is running things. It is supposed to be Dempster, yet nothings changed.

Quality over quantity was the new mantra, i don't see much of that. Brian McLean is rumoured to be coming in as Nelsons replacement, if this is the case then jesus christ almighty.

Unless the current owners get this club winning and back in its rightful place, i don't see this division closing.

And thats because a lot of folk have been sickened by the way the club has been run by the very man who saved the club for the community.

If we had gone to the wall, another club would have risen and ALL the supporters would have backed the club in its adversity, like we did do after winning the battle, and like hearts have done recently.

Our position now is nothing like that, and a lot of the support think the reason we are in this position is because of our owner and puppet.

There is a huge division in the club, even some of the fans who still go are very wary of just who is running things. It is supposed to be Dempster, yet nothings changed.

Quality over quantity was the new mantra, i don't see much of that. Brian McLean is rumoured to be coming in as Nelsons replacement, if this is the case then jesus christ almighty.

Unless the current owners get this club winning and back in its rightful place, i don't see this division closing.
    Sickened yes, but turning their backs on the team? I'm no fan of STF/RP and feel they adopted a kid then failed to feed it but I'll still support my team, come what may
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Sickened yes, but turning their backs on the team? I'm no fan of STF/RP and feel they adopted a kid then failed to feed it but I'll still support my team, come what may
    I would never criticize anyone who gets off their arse and goes to watch Hibs, but i understand 100% just why folk have stopped going or going less.

Not everyone will support the club come what may, and the club are seeing that now.

I agree totally your analogy of the situation, which is why i think it's vital we get new owners.