hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Alan Stubbs post Falkirk defeat

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by yankyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alan were are all with you but don't kid yourself on that we're no soft.

Thats been the problem with us over the last decade.

We ARE TOO SOFT.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post

We ARE TOO SOFT.
    Sad, but true - in particular against that lot across the city.

AS must have used the word "frustration" about a dozen times during that short clip.

That is exactly how the fans are feeling and hence why some of them let their frustration boil over.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    One of the comments:

" I don't like this interview. He doesn't understand that hearts and rangers are running away with the league. And we can't even get a result agaisnt falkirk. He didn't mention anything about a new striker "
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    AS must have used the word "frustration" about a dozen times during that short clip.

That is exactly how the fans are feeling and hence why some of them let their frustration boil over.
    Alan Stubbs appears to empathise with those supporters frustrated by the results to date and one can see that he himself is frustrated. Again, he refers to the weak mentality of players from last season spilling over into the same players this season. He has done this in previous interviews, which is kind of worrying, and is a real issue that he is very much aware of and is trying to address.

Quote Originally Posted by yankyhibby View Post
    Alan Stubbs appears to empathise with those supporters frustrated by the results to date and one can see that he himself is frustrated. Again, he refers to the weak mentality of players from last season spilling over into the same players this season. He has done this in previous interviews, which is kind of worrying, and is a real issue that he is very much aware of and is trying to address.
    Unfortunately the ones with the weak mentality are still at the club, maybe a bigger clearout was necessary to rid the club of this.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Unfortunately the ones with the weak mentality are still at the club, maybe a bigger clearout was necessary to rid the club of this.
    I couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post

We ARE TOO SOFT.
    He means stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    He means stupid.
    Thx Ozy

Well aware what he meant but I'm telling him were SOFT. that's the problem

We are also prone to stupidity from players

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=emerald green;4139114]AS must have used the word "frustration" about a dozen times during that short clip.

That is exactly how the fans are feeling and hence why some of them let their frustration boil over.[/QUOTE

and hence why lots choose to boo.

I feel for him. I think we have a very good manager here and sadly he's not got a bolt to spend. He's doing his best with some players who wouldn't be near good enough for this club few years back.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I feel for him. I think we have a very good manager here and sadly he's not got a bolt to spend. He's doing his best with some players who wouldn't be near good enough for this club few years back.
    Is he a very good manager?

A very good manager would've made game changing decisions in the Hearts game last week

I'd say he's a worse manager than Jobbie Neilson

Is he the new Fergie?

Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Is he a very good manager?

A very good manager would've made game changing decisions in the Hearts game last week

I'd say he's a worse manager than Jobbie Neilson

Is he the new Fergie?
    That's only one mistake he's made and doesn't mean he's worse than Neilson. The football he is trying to play is better and remember he's only been here 8 or 9 weeks and has had to try change the mentality of the players.

We looked god until the missed pen against them. We battered The Rangers and list in ET with 10 men. First 45 yesterday we played very well we just need new players that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    That's only one mistake he's made and doesn't mean he's worse than Neilson. The football he is trying to play is better and remember he's only been here 8 or 9 weeks and has had to try change the mentality of the players.

We looked god until the missed pen against them. We battered The Rangers and list in ET with 10 men. First 45 yesterday we played very well we just need new players that's all.

I think he is a very good coach but I don't think he's cut out for this task sadly

I think he is a very good coach but I don't think he's cut out for this task sadly
    I think your jumping the gun. Only played 4 competitive games. I'll judge him at the end of this season and hopefully next year we're in a much better place.

Honest interview.

We created enough chances in the first half to win four games and first half played a style of entertaining passing football not seen last season.

We have too much deadwood from last season in the team and need another experienced striker, a commanding centre back, an experienced ball winning midfielder and id suggest a further creative one before I would be confident of us guaranteeing a play off position. Im not convinced theres the ambition to make those further investments and that's not Stubbs fault.

That was one very serious and blatantly obvious mistake to make, which is a worry and I would much rather see young players introduced than the same old failures rolled out week on week. I'm just hoping he is half as good as he says he is.

Bloody hell matey! Its only 3 games into the league season and you have written him off as a manager already. Crazy.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I appreciate you're entitled to your opinion but that's absolutely bonkers to make that call 4 competitive games in, especially when we've won one of them and git a draw at ibrox after playing a big chunk of the game with 10 men.

From the interview, it sounds like those behind the dugout have been having a go at Stubbs. Classy, if so.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    From the interview, it sounds like those behind the dugout have been having a go at Stubbs. Classy, if so.
    Yep brilliant. Hibs must have some of the most miserable fans on the planet.

@hibs.net private member h185forever's Avatar
    Everyone has an opinion....thats the game

I'm not for condemning him yet .....as there are good signs of change...however some of the problems persist ...we are too soft, we ran out of ideas about 60 mins in and it was obvious that changes needed to be made ....but we changed like for like players ..keeping the same shape to no avail. AS said he wanted us to have diff styles of play ....not obv yesterday...tho it is still early.

I get we have no money ...but do wonder whats happened to the season ticket money that was supposed to be ring fenced fir players ...it certainly hasn't gone there.

The so called bed wetters get a hard time on here ....but they say what they see and were ultimately proved right .....the last half of last season they were being told ..all is good ..one more result ........you're worrying about nothing .......it was obvious to a lot of fans ....it wasn't coming .

i suppose the the real question's are..how long before we should worry this time round...how will it get fixed....do we have realistic expectations....what's for breakfast ?

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Am I the only one to think we played alright yesterday? 18 chances, I'll settle for that every week. Some of the comments I've seen on here have been a bit cringey.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeejeebies View Post
    Am I the only one to think we played alright yesterday? 18 chances, I'll settle for that every week. Some of the comments I've seen on here have been a bit cringey.

GGTTH
    Surely only if we convert some of the chances? We could make 50 chances in a game but if none of them go in then we won't win games which is all I'm looking for

@hibs.net private member
    He looks and sounds like a man shell shocked by the level of abuse and non support levelled at himself and his players. Must be wondering why he is bothering. More than anything else his comment about fans needing to "get behind us" is very telling. Hibs fans need to become supporters again. Yelling abuse is only destructive.

The perception about Butcher and Malpas was that their management style was all about abuse and how demotivating that was. Yet a significant number of our fans seem to think abuse is the way to motivate our team on the park and inspire our coaching staff. Aye right. Change will be a long time coming if fans can't find it in themselves to become supporters once more
    Last edited by CentreLine; 24-08-2014 at 07:52 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    He looks and sounds like a man shell shocked by the level of abuse and non support levelled at himself and his players. Must be wondering why he is bothering. More than anything else his comment about fans needing to "get behind us" is very telling. Hibs fans need to become supporters again. Yelling abuse is only destructive.

The perception about Butcher and Malpas was that their management style was all about abuse and how demotivating that was. Yet a significant number of our fans seem to think abuse is the way to motivate our team on the park and inspire our coaching staff. Aye right. Change will be a long time coming if fans can't find it in themselves to become supporters once more
    Completely agree.

First Team Breakthrough
    Some of the comments on here are crazy. Lets give the man a bit time.

I think he will do a good job for us.

I am however disappointed that Heffernan gets a start before Cummings. Can't be a training thing as if Heffernan was at least quicker at training he would be quicker during matches. He's got to go. Cummings needs a run out of a few games to see if he can step up.

Also, AS should not be afriad to make early changes, even at the half, instead of letting the second half start off as the first half ended and watch the game drift away.

But for me it still comes down to one thing, support from the board. Have other teams spent huge amounts of money? No, but they are not stuck with players from last season who should not be anywhere near our team. In fact, has Stubbs had any money to spend? We are paying wages for our 'signings' but has he actually been given any money to go and secure the quality players we have been assured we will be signing?

I think he knows what's he's doing but we have to admit we have a weak squad and some left over from last year, though he is doing his best to rebuild their confidence are maybe too far gone. Only takes a penalty miss from Craig against them and all the 'good work' of Stubbs is shattered in an instant.

I certainly am not giving up on Stubbs...yet He has only managed 4 competitive games and we have seen glimpses of what he can achieve but I am under no illusion that this squad can produce the same quality over 90 minutes week in week out.

Allan seems to be pretty good, Kennedy also. I really do not like 'picking' on players but it seems that it is the leftovers from last year, Craig, Heffernan, Robertson and I am most reluctant to say Harris. The latter is still young but it really might be better for him to go elsewhere in an attempt to recapture the promise he showed 2 years ago. But certainly Craig, Robertson and Heffernan in pivotal positions are just not up to it.

Just my opinion as I don't see every game although with the Hamilton games, the Rangers and Hearts game, seen 4 out of the last 6 competitive games.

Not going to include Nelson as he has been told he can leave and at least has tried and pretty much done and will do as much as we can expect from him in a professional manner.

So for me:

1) Finish what was started after the end of last years debacle - Craig, Heffernan and Harris out.
    2) The board support the new manager with some cash to bring in 'quality'. And if not at least be honest that there is no money (well obviously this does not apply to back room staff) and effectively admit that the cull was just to reduce operating costs.
    3) I still have some confidence in Stubbs.