hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's one of our catchphrases, every manager over the last 10 years or more has said the same thing, it's propaganda to get people excited and buy season tickets, as usual they miss out on the big targets if they even had any and will get last minute rank rotten loan players on the deadline day, it's like Groundhog Day

I'd love to stand corrected but just can't see it
    I dunno, Punxatawney Phil would give us some much needed dig in midfield

2. Log in to remove the advert

Failure to sign some quality players this week will cost Stubbs his job. It will only be a matter of time.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Failure to sign some quality players this week will cost Stubbs his job. It will only be a matter of time.
    Steady now, let's be realistic.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Are 'quality' players even available at this time of the window, without spending money on fees which we wont do.

Too little, too late I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Every player signed by Stubbs is quality (jury out on Oxley imo). What we need is a quantity of quality signings.

Heff, Craig and Harris were shocking. Craig has all the posturing and pointing of a captain and shows for the ball but he does absolutely nil with it. He's too busy pointing where folk should be without giving thought as to what he should do with the ball when he has it. He's like a traffic warden on LSD.

Allan is a touch of class, I spotted that straight away. Kennedy is eager and talented too. El Alagui starved of support.

IMHO, if Harris hugged the touchline like Kennedy did we would have won that. This formation is set up to play triangles between defence and midfield until such an occasion arises to spread it. If you had two wingers with chalk on their boots, we could have sucked in their midfield and played it out wide to a winger leaving him one on one with the full-back with two strikers in the box. As it was, Harris kept drifting in and did hee haw whilst Heffernan was disinterested. If we had two El Alaguis and two Kennedys we would have won that game at a canter.

Over to you, Stubbs and Dempster.
    That's pretty much how I see it PD. The players Stubbs has brought in are a definite improvement. The problem is the nucleus of the side, including our captain, is still the same as last season. Dundee got rid of 16 players and brought in 14. We got rid of a similar amount. How many have we brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I am. This squad will get him the sack unless he brings in players who can improve it.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    Are 'quality' players even available at this time of the window, without spending money on fees which we wont do.

Too little, too late I would imagine.

the Moustached man will breathe a huge sigh of relief at that, infact....i can see his big grin from here

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    To be fair, you can't blame the club for feeding us bullcrap because as a fanbase, we have sat back and swallowed it for years. Not only that but anyone on here with the temerity to point it out is either a doom and gloomer, a boo boy or a Jambo. The word I would use is a realist !

Fickle

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    To be fair, you can't blame the club for feeding us bullcrap because as a fanbase, we have sat back and swallowed it for years. Not only that but anyone on here with the temerity to point it out is either a doom and gloomer, a boo boy or a Jambo. The word I would use is a realist !

i believe the Default word used is 'bedwetter' :(

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    He's probably right.

I like Stubbs and feel sorry for him, a promising young manager being hung out to dry.

From what I can see if things are going badly and the fans start to turn the 'wind of change' board will do exactly what has been done before and deflect attention from themselves.

They have done exactly what has happened before when it comes to transfer activity so far so why would their attitude towards managers be any different?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i believe the Default word used is 'bedwetter' :(
    Surely you are only a 'bedwetter' if you worry about something unlikely to happen.