hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More Quality less quantity

Anyone out there still believe this absolute bullcrap lie fed to us by the club?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone out there still believe this absolute bullcrap lie fed to us by the club?
    Am hearing what you say - put the post on ice until after the window closes then it might be open season?

We still have too much quantity on the books though.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    I think we have signed players who will genuinely contribute to the team, whereas a lot of signings in the past have been fairly questionable. If the aim of the club is promotion then I dont think we signed anywhere near enough 'quality' however.

Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    I think we have signed players who will genuinely contribute to the team, whereas a lot of signings in the past have been fairly questionable. If the aim of the club is promotion then I dont think we signed anywhere near enough 'quality' however.
    I will say this TMD that we have nowhere near enough quality to be promoted at the first attempt.

I agree that Allan, Farid, Gray and Kennedy are better quality but we are still a long way from having a quality team that will challenge for promotion.

Unless we sign 3 quality signings before the window slams shut then we are in for a season of mediocracy once again.

To be fair, you can't blame the club for feeding us bullcrap because as a fanbase, we have sat back and swallowed it for years. Not only that but anyone on here with the temerity to point it out is either a doom and gloomer, a boo boy or a Jambo. The word I would use is a realist !

I thought Allan strolled through the game today. Literally.
    Lazy player.

Lazy player.
    Allan played very well for 70 minutes and then should have been subbed as he's not yet match fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Allan played very well for 70 minutes and then should have been subbed as he's not yet match fit.
    Good when on the ball. Off the ball he is lazy.

Lazy player.
    I actually thought he was one of the bright points today.
    Seemed to find some space and looked like he had a decent range of passing and actually looked like he might be capable of playing a killer pass.

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    To be fair, you can't blame the club for feeding us bullcrap because as a fanbase, we have sat back and swallowed it for years. Not only that but anyone on here with the temerity to point it out is either a doom and gloomer, a boo boy or a Jambo. The word I would use is a realist !

very well sad delbert 100% agree

It just seems nothing changes, we win, we lose, we dont do nothing to sort the problems out to why we lose, club says something which alot of people just accept it.

Imo at the moment we ll be mid table, no chance of going up and at the moment we would lose a play off.Unless something happens

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Good when on the ball. Off the ball he is lazy.
    Like Klinsman then?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Lazy player.
    For once I agree. Lacked pace and urgency like the rest of the team today.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post

i agree but this seems to be a problem with us, we are losing and there seemed to be like a stoll in the park mentality about the game in parts.

On a side note, did anyone else notice the hibs fan(s) in the ff lower that were messing with the ball and then when the ball person came to get the ball they throw it towards the west?

It was in the second half when WE were losing

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyhibs1983 View Post
    i agree but this seems to be a problem with us, we are losing and there seemed to be like a stoll in the park mentality about the game in parts.

On a side note, did anyone else notice the hibs fan(s) in the ff lower that were messing with the ball and then when the ball person came to get the ball they throw it towards the west?

It was in the second half when WE were losing
    They're just wee laddies.

In other words we have no ambition so we arent giving Stubbs the funds he needs. The guy is completely restricted. Different cheif exec but same old story

Was thinking this on way home - we have quantity in a strange way but seriously lacking in quality.

There were 2 or 3 Falkirk players I would have in our side today.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    If (and it is a big but very possible IF) the club are playing the long game with no intention of promotion this season due to The Rangers and THEM, I wish they would have the balls to admit it, because to me, that appears to be the plan : scrimp and scrape as usual this season with the aim of promotion next season

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    I thought Allan and Kennedy showed a lot of quality today, Farid's goal last week would suggest he has quality and I think everyone has been impressed with Gray. So I suppose there would be at least an element of truth in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    I thought Allan and Kennedy showed a lot of quality today, Farid's goal last week would suggest he has quality and I think everyone has been impressed with Gray. So I suppose there would be at least an element of truth in it.
    I think the real issue is we need a quantity of quality.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    You might have to get used to that if we don't sign players this week.
    :-(

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    Well said pretty boy

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    If (and it is a big but very possible IF) the club are playing the long game with no intention of promotion this season due to The Rangers and THEM, I wish they would have the balls to admit it, because to me, that appears to be the plan : scrimp and scrape as usual this season with the aim of promotion next season
    If that's the case then I'll just save my cash for next season. I won't be the only one.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    nail on the head.

Coaching Staff
    And how long will said 'quality' need to get match fit PB.........as per f ing usual with Hibs, the transfer activity is way too slow, way too late, and way too underwhelming.

It's an absolute given that Hibs will do what they seem to do best.....scrimp and save, wait 'til the eleventh hour, and bring in a 'Matt Done' - let's be brutally honest about things, nothing behind the scenes seems to have changed, the emphasis clearly is not getting out this division and winning the thing. It's merely to just be here and make up the numbers. Well and truly sick of it.

And will we see this??

I do think we will see at least 2 loanees. Maybe more dependent who if any we move on.

Not getting hopes up

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Every player signed by Stubbs is quality (jury out on Oxley imo). What we need is a quantity of quality signings.

Heff, Craig and Harris were shocking. Craig has all the posturing and pointing of a captain and shows for the ball but he does absolutely nil with it. He's too busy pointing where folk should be without giving thought as to what he should do with the ball when he has it. He's like a traffic warden on LSD.

Allan is a touch of class, I spotted that straight away. Kennedy is eager and talented too. El Alagui starved of support.

IMHO, if Harris hugged the touchline like Kennedy did we would have won that. This formation is set up to play triangles between defence and midfield until such an occasion arises to spread it. If you had two wingers with chalk on their boots, we could have sucked in their midfield and played it out wide to a winger leaving him one on one with the full-back with two strikers in the box. As it was, Harris kept drifting in and did hee haw whilst Heffernan was disinterested. If we had two El Alaguis and two Kennedys we would have won that game at a canter.

Over to you, Stubbs and Dempster.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    And will we see this??

I do think we will see at least 2 loanees. Maybe more dependent who if any we move on.

Not getting hopes up
    Will we see this?

No imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Will we see this? No imo.
    This is just it PB.

LD is going to be taking quite a bit of flack this coming season if we fail to deliver promotion or at least put up a good fight.

Sad sad state of affairs.
    Years and years of mismanagement has us in this state and I cannot see us doing much this season( hope I'm wrong).

Few injuries and suspensions already and we are struggling

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    We won't spend what we don't have. Is this the season to speculate in any case? We will be in the play offs.
    Last edited by greenlex; 23-08-2014 at 08:32 PM.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    It's one of our catchphrases, every manager over the last 10 years or more has said the same thing, it's propaganda to get people excited and buy season tickets, as usual they miss out on the big targets if they even had any and will get last minute rank rotten loan players on the deadline day, it's like Groundhog Day

I'd love to stand corrected but just can't see it