hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boo Boys

Quote Originally Posted by jane_says View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you look back at my post I said 'screaming abuse'. I absolutely guarantee Craig and Al Alagui were getting abuse after 5 minutes. The booing started in the second half. If what you say is true and the back half of sect 43 is really supportive throughout then I'll get my season ticket changed to there because I'm not really interested in sitting beside the lads that do it every week.
    I can back up the abuse report, I heard it myself and I sit in row EE, right next to the section 43. There were three or four guys right at the back of 43 who dished out relentless abuse towards our players and from very early in the game. They got so bad that one S43 regular turned and told them to bolt which needless to say just made them worse. Each time the lady steward walked up to the top of 43 she was harassed and made fun of and at one point a coffee cup flew over my head as it was aimed towards her. Eventually she returned with two other stewards and the ar5eholes were ejected from the ground. It's true that S43 does it's best to provide solid backing but there are the odd f@nnies who can't help themselves when it comes to dishing out abuse to our players
    This is how it feels

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    After watching that I'm surprised that anyone can defend any player, they were all shocking, remember it a 1st division team that beat us and every player out there deserved to be boo'd & loudly boo'd, every one was culpable.
    Sorry but your post is nonsense You are trying to tell us that Allan- Kennedy- Cummings -and the 2 full backs were shocking I know its all about opinions but NO they were all decent If you want to fire flak anywhere try our captain I have stood up for him in the past but not anymore im afraid

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    [QUOTE=The Green Goblin;4138023]Yup. Fans out. All their fault.[/QUOTE]

This is the standard response to any suggestion that the fans are less than perfect. I don't think I have ever read a post on here saying it's the all the fans fault yet as soon as someone suggests we could have done more this gets chucked in. No single person or body of people are to blame for where we are now, Butcher, Petrie, other board members, players and guys in the stands all have contributed to differing degrees. To say folk in the stand have no bearing on what goes on on the pitch is naive in the extreme. The negativity in some quarters is getting beyond a joke.

Eg high punt from them today, Nelson controls it as it comes over his shoulder and passes to another hibs player, i shout well done and guy in front he turns round shaking his head. Now getting to the stage your getting criticised for cheering / encouraging your own players at home.

For some of our players it doesn't matter what they do they are never going to win fans over.

Left by mutual consent!
    Michael Nelsons Mrs' words on the abuse/booing of the players, when arguing back with a few cringey Hibs News accounts on Twitter...

"@dawnynel: @HibeesLatest maybe if the fans didn't abuse the players, they might play better #justsaying"

"@dawnynel: @HFC1875Rumours @HibeesLatest never ever have I been to a game (& I've been to lots) where the players get so much abuse as they do @ hibs"

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Here we go another 30 pager about uber fans and boo boys.

First Team Breakthrough
    The only boos that pi&s me off was when in the 2nd half we played the ball back to oxley to keep possession there was aloud boos. We r trying to play football no hoffball thought it was abit harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Michael Nelsons Mrs' words on the abuse/booing of the players, when arguing back with a few cringey Hibs News accounts on Twitter...

"@dawnynel: @HibeesLatest maybe if the fans didn't abuse the players, they might play better #justsaying"

"@dawnynel: @HFC1875Rumours @HibeesLatest never ever have I been to a game (& I've been to lots) where the players get so much abuse as they do @ hibs"
    She's got a point. Didn't think we played bad today at all yet they still get booed off the pitch.
    It's like people getting annoyed with Kennedy in the 1st half when he got tackled once ffs he's new and a young laddie who's trying to make a difference, his confidence will be drained after a couple more games at ER

Dear Mrs Nelson - Tell your husband that not losing crap goals and having your forwards score some helps ease fan tension.

You know, those fans that have paid vast amounts of money to see 14 home wins in over 3 years. Yes, 14.

(edited to include last 3 years)

Quote Originally Posted by 1987kev View Post
    The only boos that pi&s me off was when in the 2nd half we played the ball back to oxley to keep possession there was aloud boos. We r trying to play football no hoffball thought it was abit harsh.
    I said this last week. As a support we need to learn to tolerate the slow build up as opposed to the early long ball. As long as it's leading to something of course.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I said this last week. As a support we need to learn to tolerate the slow build up as opposed to the early long ball. As long as it's leading to something of course.
    Personally I thought the support only became frustrated in the latter part of the game when the pass along the back option wasn't doing much to reverse a 0-1 scoreline!

She's bang on the money for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Have you regularly attended other teams games to allow a fair comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Have you regularly attended other teams games to allow a fair comparison?
    Yes mate

Whenever I can't get back up the road to ER I take in a game down south.

Thanks for asking

Could it be that she's just sticking up for her husband?

I do not condone singling out any player for constant abuse, but I'm afraid fans of all clubs do criticise/shout abuse (call it what you like) at their own players.

They always have done, and always will do, until such time as that is also banned at football grounds and spectators have to sit quietly and say nothing.

I have been at Anfield, Highbury (as it was), White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge, Celtic Park, and lots of other grounds around the UK and have heard much better players than Michael Nelson getting absolute pelters.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    The boo boys were out in force today. Some clearly don't understand football. ER is become a tiresome place to watch football. Hibs played well in the 1st half but some fans think we should score with every attack and don't expect the other team to have the ball.
    Totally agree. I hate to use the word, but sometimes in the context of a football match, the support needs to be patient. At one point the boos were ringing out because we had to go back to keep possession, then when the defence got it forward and lost the ball, boos again.

It must be brutal being a player and hearing your own fans remind you how *****e you are.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough
    I said at the start of last season on here that the negative at ER is bad that we will win more games on the road I think last season had a right to boo but this a new season a new manger playin football the right way it's going to take time for it work 100% but in a few months we r getting better. It's clear on here everyone got there fav players and a couple players get it tight were in my opinion there is a few players get of lightly on here and at the games.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Not to sure about that, she must have sat and watch killie play a few times and there fans are no angels towards there players either, and yes i have watched killie before when not playing Hibs and it was nasty stuff from the killie fans, it happens at football games around the world every weekend, it's not a exclusive thing at ER.

She should keep her opinion to her self, after all her husband was part of the team that got us relegated.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Totally agree. I hate to use the word, but sometimes in the context of a football match, the support needs to be patient. At one point the boos were ringing out because we had to go back to keep possession, then when the defence got it forward and lost the ball, boos again.

It must be brutal being a player and hearing your own fans remind you how *****e you are.
    Not so much annoyance that the ball is played back but more a case of a realisation that players often pass the buck and refuse to accept the responsibility of trying something creative.

Are you saying its all the fans fault?

Win the game = No booing is it really that hard.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Not to sure about that, she must have sat and watch killie play a few times and there fans are no angels towards there players either, and yes i have watched killie before when not playing Hibs and it was nasty stuff from the killie fans, it happens at football games around the world every weekend, it's not a exclusive thing at ER.

She should keep her opinion to her self, after all her husband was part of the team that got us relegated.
    She's perfectly entitled to her opinion!

Fenlon said that Stuart McCall told him he wouldn't manage Hibs because of the abuse the fans give the team and how often have we heard stories about opponents who think the ER crowd helps them?

There is huge frustration and rightly so, but anyone who seriously thinks Hibs fans aren't some of the most abusive are kidding themselves.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Not so much annoyance that the ball is played back but more a case of a realisation that players often pass the buck and refuse to accept the responsibility of trying something creative.
    And why do you think they don't want to take responsibility to try something creative, what sort of reaction should they expect if it doesn't come off?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    The team get support in the majority of games. Even at the end of last season they had our backing and what did they do? ***** themselves and get relegated. It's not the fans fault at all. Maybe some of the players need to step up and show that they have what it takes to play for this club.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The team get support in the majority of games. Even at the end of last season they had our backing and what did they do? ***** themselves and get relegated. It's not the fans fault at all. Maybe some of the players need to step up and show that they have what it takes to play for this club.
    It's definitely not the fans' fault. Nobody has said it is.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Could it be that she's just sticking up for her husband?

I do not condone singling out any player for constant abuse, but I'm afraid fans of all clubs do criticise/shout abuse (call it what you like) at their own players.

They always have done, and always will do, until such time as that is also banned at football grounds and spectators have to sit quietly and say nothing.

I have been at Anfield, Highbury (as it was), White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge, Celtic Park, and lots of other grounds around the UK and have heard much better players than Michael Nelson getting absolute pelters.
    She could just be backing up her husband but she says in her opinion we are the quickest fans to show disproval at our team.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

Like you and me SH she's entitled to her opinion and that's all she is doing

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    She's perfectly entitled to her opinion!

Fenlon said that Stuart McCall told him he wouldn't manage Hibs because of the abuse the fans give the team and how often have we heard stories about opponents who think the ER crowd helps them?

There is huge frustration and rightly so, but anyone who seriously thinks Hibs fans aren't some of the most abusive are kidding themselves.
    Sorry, but that simply isn't true. What do you base that statement on? Is there a league table of which club has the most abusive fans?

Hibs fans are venting their anger and frustration at p*** poor results over a number of seasons now, culminating in the club being relegated in the most disgraceful manner. What do you expect?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    It's definitely not the fans' fault. Nobody has said it is.
    Apart from Mrs Nelson and those who agree with her.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    And why do you think they don't want to take responsibility to try something creative, what sort of reaction should they expect if it doesn't come off?
    They're professional football players and it's up the Manager to ensure they don't shirk their responsibilies regardless of what the nasty crowd may think or say.

Blog Entries