hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boo Boys

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whilst I've never been someone who has taken part in any booing, I have always been quite sympathetic to those who have booed, given some of the dross we've had to put up with over the last three or four years.

However my opinion is changing a little bit on this. I think we've reached a point now where those who are still continuing to attend games should be supporting the team and refraining from any negativity.

We don't have a particularly great record over the last few years either home or away but our record at Easter Road is particularly shocking. I haven't worked out any stats on this but we must have one of the worst home records in Scotland over the last three or four years. Now I'm not suggesting at all that that record is down to the fans as our players and managers are ultimately responsible for that. However I don't see that it's helping anyone by constantly berating the players. They don't deliberately go out to lose games or make bad passes or miss easy chances, they're just not good enough.

The people who have continued to turn up to games should ultimately be commended for their loyalty but I think we need to pull together and create a bit more unity at the club because all the booing is doing is creating even more negativity and division within the club and whilst it's perhaps not the reason why we're losing games, it certainly isn't helping us to turn it around.
    Good post

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post

Butcher (@ ICT), McCall and someone I forget () have all been quoted in the press that the "boo boys" at ER gave their teams an an edge and put some of the Hibs players under extra pressure... They LOVE it when we start booing.... Ah well.....
    Can you show me quote's where they have said this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    On a brighter note, the booing will get a lot quieter as the number fans drops week on week.
    You will hear a pin drop on Tuesday night.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Isn't the only thing worse than fans turning up and booing, fans not turning up at all?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I think folk just make things up, never heard any booing 5 minutes in to the game.
    If you look back at my post I said 'screaming abuse'. I absolutely guarantee Craig and Al Alagui were getting abuse after 5 minutes. The booing started in the second half. If what you say is true and the back half of sect 43 is really supportive throughout then I'll get my season ticket changed to there because I'm not really interested in sitting beside the lads that do it every week.

Quote Originally Posted by jane_says View Post
    If you look back at my post I said 'screaming abuse'. I absolutely guarantee Craig and Al Alagui were getting abuse after 5 minutes. The booing started in the second half. If what you say is true and the back half of sect 43 is really supportive throughout then I'll get my season ticket changed to there because I'm not really interested in sitting beside the lads that do it every week.
    Yep, Craig was getting it tight from the moment I took my seat (for the record I dont rate him either but...)

Quote Originally Posted by jane_says View Post
    Your more than welcome, we do our best to get a bit atmosphere going in the ground.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I will manage them.
    Can I get pulled off at half time

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Can you show me quote's where they have said this.
    In radio interviews after games so can't give you any specifics :-(

But others have mentioned similar previously.

All that said.... We DO have to show the powers that be that we're no' happy.... Just maybe not during the game when it "might" help the opposition.... To whatever degree.

Edit: so "quoted in press" maybe not the best phrase
    Last edited by Just Alf; 23-08-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    I've never been one to boo, but can understand perfectly why many do. Many of the players who failed us last season are still wearing the shirt and, yes, failing us again.

So its the fans fault we are pish and not the board? Good one. Dempster has a lot to answer for already

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That's for a different thread entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Depends how pish you play.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Booing achieves absolutely nothing other than making it much easier for the opposition and harder for Hibs. If you need to do it because it makes you feel better then I hope it really works for you, cause it does **** all good for our players and staff.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I thought the crowd were remarkably patient today. Clapped off at half time and the frustration only started to show near the end. It's understandable and I would doubt if any other fans in a similar predicament as ourselves would have acted differently . I didn't boo anyone but I left Easter Road today feeling as depressed with the club as I ever have . You start to wonder if it is ever going to end.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Booing achieves absolutely nothing other than making it much easier for the opposition and harder for Hibs. If you need to do it because it makes you feel better then I hope it really works for you, cause it does **** all good for our players and staff.
    Do you really think people boo the team because it makes them feel better? Every hibs fan goes to the game wanting us to win and some people express their frustrations by booing, I agree it doesn't help but neither does a football team that can't win games.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Dalkeith Hibee View Post
    So its the fans fault we are pish and not the board? Good one.
    Another one

NO-ONE IS SAYING THIS!

Don't think I've ever boo'd I just silently seeth

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    I thought the crowd were remarkably patient today. Clapped off at half time and the frustration only started to show near the end. It's understandable and I would doubt if any other fans in a similar predicament as ourselves would have acted differently . I didn't boo anyone but I left Easter Road today feeling as depressed with the club as I ever have . You start to wonder if it is ever going to end.

Couldn't agree more.

Today's performance is the final confirmation that we really do have a very poor squad of players and it's almost incidental whom the Manager is. I was especially disappointed in the performance of a couple of our younger players today. One in particular has the heart of a mouse and his substitution was inevitable.

New players are required this week otherwise it's already got the makings of yet another dismal season.

Quote Originally Posted by pmackinnon2004 View Post
    Hasn't taken us too long to get back down too it. it didn't accomplish too much last season, and doubtless won't help too much this season. But ah well hope it made the perpetrators feel a wee bit better.

My self and 2 boys never booed. But that was a hopeless performance. We will not be out of this division this year. 34 years a season ticket holder but the football is so bad I find it hard to drag myself along and the board are taking the Pis* Falkirk deserved to win because the players gave their all and as for last week how many times have we been Shi* in a derby. Enough is enough. They have my money this season but it may be my last. It is like getting divorced when you don't want to I have fallen out of love and I hate it.

@hibs.net private member
    The boo boys were out in force today. Some clearly don't understand football. ER is become a tiresome place to watch football. Hibs played well in the 1st half but some fans think we should score with every attack and don't expect the other team to have the ball.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    The boo boys were out in force today. Some clearly don't understand football. ER is become a tiresome place to watch football. Hibs played well in the 1st half but some fans think we should score with every attack and don't expect the other team to have the ball.
    So the fans are to blame again. Great stuff.

Just like the players then.

Or

I cant decide if anyone is serious with this anymore.

Or some do understand football, are disgruntled that we don't score a goal (all too frequent at ER) and were annoyed that we lost a goal from a set piece. Basically, the forwards or the defence didn't do their job.

If it was a one off then booing would be ridiculous. After four years it's perfectly understandable. The only reason ER is a tiresome place is because we very rarely win.

@hibs.net private member
    Did he say that?

I got the feeling that fans generally were trying hard not to express their anger, frustration and disappointment at yet another familiar defeat at ER today.

As I've posted before, Hibs supporters are no better or worse than fans all over the world when it comes to "booing". Win games - no booing. Lose games week in week out, especially at our home ground, - booing.

When does it become OK to boo? After the club is relegated again?

I'm sick and tired of the fans being blamed for the state the club is in. That's just a smokescreen for what's really wrong.

First Team Breakthrough

Okay you win

Right guys you win I'm the OP, if we get beat on Tuesday night, I'll join in. I shall boo wholeheartedly I will give it my all. Then hopefully the players will take a long hard look at themselves, give each other a damned good thrashing and win six nil next week. Next time I'm at the pictures and I think it's a bad film, I'll just give it a damned good booing near the end and next time they'll sign up a decent actor. Justification for this will be I'm a Hibby And I've been paying to get into this picture house since 1964 so I'm entitled to do it. By the way at no time did I say it was the supporters fault I only said that it doesn't help. To the guy who said it was a p1sh thread "you took the time to reply" nuff said. If I replied to every thread on here that I thought p1sh I'd have a bad case of RSI by now. This will most probably be my last post because in all honesty I have supported Hibs since being lifted over the turnstiles in 64 or getting in free at half time when you couldn't get a lift. This was long before social media came along, when a ten year old listened to older wiser sages guys who'd been coming since before the war, guys who knew football good and bad and thought that Boo was something a ghost said. I leave this forum in your capable hands lads, I'll be there Tuesday night the old guy,West Stand with the cowboy hat and walking stick, win loose or draw because that's what we do.

Cheers
    Peter MacKinnon
    in deepest darkest Blackford

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    The performance wasnt that bad and we deserved to win the match IMO, however its the usual culprits who let the team down, Liam Craig, Nelson and Harris.

I thot Booth and Kennedy were terrific in the 1st half and looked like they had played together for years. Allan was tidy and Gray was solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    It lets them know that you are unhappy with the sh*t you are watching