hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boo Boys

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was shocked at ft to hear the boos. Poor result, poor second half but it wasnt deserving of that.

Shocked? Really? It was never going to take much for a lot of the fans to act like that after last year and I don't blame the ones that did boo.

Maybe a nice applause to appreciate their effort would have been better for the wee lambs

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by jane_says View Post
    Come and sit mid way up sect 43 and I'll let you hear. Same folk every week.
    In the words of my mate who sits up there. "More idiots in Section 43 than anywhere else in the ground." He moved this season because of folk like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pmackinnon2004 View Post
    Hasn't taken us too long to get back down too it. it didn't accomplish too much last season, and doubtless won't help too much this season. But ah well hope it made the perpetrators feel a wee bit better.

Totally agree, fans fault all the time, should close the ground down for the wee darlings in green just in case there poor wee feelings get hurt.

Fans out Seagulls in.

What a pish thread

Booooooo boooooo booooo

Bloody crap Hibs.

Booooo
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds green View Post
    What a pish thread

Booooooooo
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Booing our own players while we applaud the opposition of the park.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Totally agree, fans fault all the time, should close the ground down for the wee darlings in green just in case there poor wee feelings get hurt.

Fans out Seagulls in.
    Ice bucket challenges at half time to wake them all up SH, that's what I say Or maybe just throwing ice buckets fae the Doocot at them fae the stands

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    What really gets to me is why we are paying more for STs than Hearts and Falkirk and were beaten by both. Lets be honest also, if we play like that this season, Falkirk and certainly Hearts will end above us. Where is this money going? Booing is all fans have tbh, board are happy for this situation to continue clearly. I feel we are getting taken for mugs.

The new players look good but you can see we have 3-4 decent new players that when tired, we are bringing on the same trash as last year...

Lets hope we finish mid-table, eh...

It's anything but the fans fault.

I don't boo and their are a fair few idiots who do boo at ER.

But the bottom line is the club has been in decline for several years and while we play better football on the eye this season and while changes have been made behind the scenes...but...

we still have the same owners who no one has faith in. We are also at least 4 players from a team who can challenge. A team who have creativity ( Kennedy looked decent today-positive) and firepower (goals).

I can't remember the last time I went to ER - controlled a game and won. We seem to always look vulnerable at the back and teams with players I've never even heard of come and make us look very average.

Groundhog Day once again sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by pmackinnon2004 View Post
    Hasn't taken us too long to get back down too it. it didn't accomplish too much last season, and doubtless won't help too much this season. But ah well hope it made the perpetrators feel a wee bit better.

Words fail me, seasons upon seasons of utter pish but we are all just meant to sit there and not say a word. Yes its the fans fault that players can't pass, tackle or shoot and we should keep it a secret that they can't. Well unfortunately the secret is out, every other set of players and fans in the land know how poor we are and how little bottle this current team have. The problem is not a surplus of booing which in my opinion is richly deserved, its a lack of talent, bottle, ambition and direction, manifesting itself in a really crap side. Boooooooo !

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Fans out Seagulls in.
    We should close the players entrance before the game and let 11 fans play

United we stand here....

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar
    Football fans cheer and applaud there team when they play well/win.

When they lose some fans boo

Thats football all over the world

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Fans are doing their bit. There will be less than 9000 at the next home game.
    Well here's hoping it's the ones who boo the team and hurl abuse at the players who stay away!

Yes we pay to watch our team play and no one likes to see them lose but I would love for someone to show me the statistics where booing and verbally abusing someone brings positive results?

Moving my seat this season because of one such person - boos and hurls abuse from kick off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I never heard any boos after five mins. I heard a few clapping backing us. To be booed off at the end though is 100% correct IMO.
    I think folk just make things up, never heard any booing 5 minutes in to the game.

Testimonial Due
    Where did the OP say it was the fans' fault? I'm completely with him, the abusing of our own players was well underway even before Falkirk scored. Given how early the goal was, that's just depressing.

Two people within earshot of me spent the entire first half doing nothing but offer a continual 'critique' of Liam Craig, even blaming him for Alex Harris doing a foul throw. (Apparently, it's the captain's fault if someone does that, who knew?)

It's not for me or anyone else to say these people shouldn't go to games, or should conduct themselves any differently, but I just wonder what they actually get out of going to Easter Road if they hate it all so much?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Fans fault
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

In the words of my mate who sits up there. "More idiots in Section 43 than anywhere else in the ground." He moved this season because of folk like that.

Funnily enough that is where i sit and there is more backing giving to the team from that section than there is anywhere else in the ground.

Whilst I've never been someone who has taken part in any booing, I have always been quite sympathetic to those who have booed, given some of the dross we've had to put up with over the last three or four years.

However my opinion is changing a little bit on this. I think we've reached a point now where those who are still continuing to attend games should be supporting the team and refraining from any negativity.

We don't have a particularly great record over the last few years either home or away but our record at Easter Road is particularly shocking. I haven't worked out any stats on this but we must have one of the worst home records in Scotland over the last three or four years. Now I'm not suggesting at all that that record is down to the fans as our players and managers are ultimately responsible for that. However I don't see that it's helping anyone by constantly berating the players. They don't deliberately go out to lose games or make bad passes or miss easy chances, they're just not good enough.

The people who have continued to turn up to games should ultimately be commended for their loyalty but I think we need to pull together and create a bit more unity at the club because all the booing is doing is creating even more negativity and division within the club and whilst it's perhaps not the reason why we're losing games, it certainly isn't helping us to turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Ice bucket challenges at half time to wake them all up SH, that's what I say Or maybe just throwing ice buckets fae the Doocot at them fae the stands
    Waste of ice mate.

Testimonial Due
    Funnily enough that is where i sit and there is more backing giving to the team from that section than there is anywhere else in the ground.
    If you're in the back half of S43 it is quite positive and I can understand not hearing any booing etc as I don't think any of it originates from up there. The front half (seats hit by the sun at kick off is probably a good rough 'line' to split the stand) is the worst for booing/abuse etc though. The rest of the stadium is quite moderate but there's a really sharp contrast just within section 43.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Where did the OP say it was the fans' fault? I'm completely with him, the abusing of our own players was well underway even before Falkirk scored. Given how early the goal was, that's just depressing.

Two people within earshot of me spent the entire first half doing nothing but offer a continual 'critique' of Liam Craig, even blaming him for Alex Harris doing a foul throw. (Apparently, it's the captain's fault if someone does that, who knew?)

It's not for me or anyone else to say these people shouldn't go to games, or should conduct themselves any differently, but I just wonder what they actually get out of going to Easter Road if they hate it all so much?
    Exactly - couldn't have put it better myself 10/10 👍

Fans out Decent players in

Not my words bud. I've never sat in the East since it was built. I used to sit there but I found it packed with ********s, one boy I remember used to racially abuse big Maka and his mates found it funny. I sit in the West and it has it's fare share of idiots yeah but nothing like the east did.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aunty joyce View Post
    Well here's hoping it's the ones who boo the team and hurl abuse at the players who stay away!

Yes we pay to watch our team play and no one likes to see them lose but I would love for someone to show me the statistics where booing and verbally abusing someone brings positive results?

Moving my seat this season because of one such person - boos and hurls abuse from kick off!!!

Butcher (@ ICT), McCall and someone I forget () have all been quoted in the press that the "boo boys" at ER gave their teams an an edge and put some of the Hibs players under extra pressure... They LOVE it when we start booing.... Ah well.....

On a brighter note, the booing will get a lot quieter as the number fans drops week on week.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    We should close the players entrance before the game and let 11 fans play
    I will manage them.

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    I have to disagree I did not hear any boos until the end of the game

how do we tell the board team we are not happy with the performances if we don't give a wee boo or shout

its not the fans fault we are in this position please remember this
    This argument(if you say booing is a bad idea, you are somehow saying poor perfomances are the fans fault) is crap, to be honest.

Maybe its because I was in a new seat in the east today, but I thought the atmosphere verged between flat and poisonous. Iheard screaming abuse at Craig and Harris (you f****ing *****bag harris, and Craig you are f ing *****) which was audible to both of them low down in the east on about 65 mins. On 70 mins we were attacking up the right, won a corner, noone on their feet, no buzz, no encouragement. At least three incidents of fans swearing at each other at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    If you're in the back half of S43 it is quite positive and I can understand not hearing any booing etc as I don't think any of it originates from up there. The front half (seats hit by the sun at kick off is probably a good rough 'line' to split the stand) is the worst for booing/abuse etc though. The rest of the stadium is quite moderate but there's a really sharp contrast just within section 43.
    Two seats down from the drummer, even he got bored in the 2nd half.

Not my words bud. I've never sat in the East since it was built. I used to sit there but I found it packed with ********s, one boy I remember used to racially abuse big Maka and his mates found it funny. I sit in the West and it has it's fare share of idiots yeah but nothing like the east did.
    Funny that bud, i used to sit in the West up the back from the dug out and the abuse the players/manager got was just not fitting with the prawn sandwich brigade, i decided to move up to the East.