hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If getting the "best return" is all that STF & RP were interested in, then why didn't they just pocket the dosh when the old car park was sold? Why did they spend £5m on East Mains? Why did they rebuild the East stand?

I've noticed a few of your ill informed mega negative posts tonight though I can't be bothered responding to them all.
    The ironic thing is you asking "when are you going to understand...", when you yourself appear to understand the square root of sod all.
    Good question.

2. Log in to remove the advert

When the ST renewal brochures were sent out in April, IIRC, it was intimated that every penny would be used for the Playing Budget.

I've since read that some are suggesting that not all the ST money is/will be used for the Playing Budget, and instead a significant chunk has been diverted into the compensation packages for the management staff & players whose contracts were terminated early or are currently on Gardening Leave.

If this is true, then those of us who renewed in April have been seriously misled.

Therefore in the interests of transparency, Ms Dempster should publicly clarify exactly what the 2014/15 ST monies have been spent on.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    1. Leeann, I gather you are looking for fan input. Well here is the input that matters. Sign the players we need to make a serious title challenge. Once you have done that, then we can talk. Anything else is just meaningless window dressing pi5h. We know that and you know that. We've been made mugs of by your employers for several years now and so I'm afraid we are well acquainted with the script. So, first action on your part - then we can talk.

2. Hibernian owners and management, you will be aware we were relegated last season. You're reaction in respect of any serious determination to come straight back up has been at best directionless and at worst non-existent. I cannot see any tangible evidence whatsoever that you genuinely are trying to bring us back to the SPL at first time of asking. It feels like we have an absentee landlord and a disinterested accountant stewarding our club.

The badge, the shares and the title deeds betoken legal ownership of the club, but the spirit of the club lies with the fans and the Hibernian community. I say to you with a heavy heart that you are killing this club with indifference. Most of us bleed green as Hibs supporters. Do any of you?
    Totally agree, instead of encouraging fans to turn up, the club seems hell bent on scaring every fan from the place!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailrodders View Post
    Dear One Day Soon,

1. We haven't got any money.

2. I am responsible for the day-to-day running of the club. I do not have the authority to incur debt on behalf of the club without Board approval.

Signed,

Leeann

Dear Leeann Substitute

Thanks for your email - here's my reply to your points.

1. We haven't got any money.

a) We will have even less money next year if we fail to get out of this division because next year we will almost certainly not have The Rangers and Hearts with us in the Championship and failure to even seriously attempt to get promoted this year will drive hundreds if not thousands of our supporters away.
    b) We have assets to borrow against and owners with money to spend should they choose to do so. We also have a supporter base willing to buy season or part season tickets should the club give them a reason to believe that it is serious about turning things around - for example by making significant signings.
    c) The main issue here is the cost of additional wages week to week rather than transfer fees. Start asking supporters and those interested in transforming the club what they are prepared to do to offset the cost of the additional players we need.
    d) A final thought - even in our supposed constrained financial circumstances can you explain why other clubs in our league have a bigger squad than ours? Where is the quality not quantity?

2. I am responsible for the day-to-day running of the club. I do not have the authority to incur debt on behalf of the club without Board approval.

No, but you do have the authority to take proposals to incur debt to the Board for discussion. And you do have the rather powerful option of resigning or threatening to resign should the Board fail to back up the club's public words with action. And you well know that if you walk because the club is failing to back you up or failing in its purpose as a football club then the owners and remaining management will be left in a weak position with little alternative but to face the fans or leave. Perhaps that will be what it will need to come to.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

A Home Defeat Without a Whimper

Apart from the fans, does anyone associated with Hibernian care any more? It seems not based on the attitude and performance of our players today.

The last 15/20 minutes were a disgrace. No fight or desire. Sad times for Hibernian

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Our lack of incoming transfer activity has been a joke and it'll bite us on the arse big style. I genuinely didn't mind paying SPFL prices for my season ticket because I felt the team needed rebuild and I know the season ticket money is important to do that.

To have signed 3 players and a couple of loanees, is a farce and an utter insult to those of us stupid enough to dip into our pockets for season tickets.
    It's hard to disagree with any of this, sadly!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    If getting the "best return" is all that STF & RP were interested in, then why didn't they just pocket the dosh when the old car park was sold? Why did they spend £5m on East Mains? Why did they rebuild the East stand?

I've noticed a few of your ill informed mega negative posts tonight though I can't be bothered responding to them all.
    The ironic thing is you asking "when are you going to understand...", when you yourself appear to understand the square root of sod all.
    Not as if the money came from their own-pockets, though - East Mains/East Stand money was largely helped by selling our 'Golden Kids', Brown, Thomson, Fletcher etc and from the player-budget/. Petrie said that once the stadium was complete, all monies would be invested in the team. The stadium's been complete for some time now yet the standards have continued to deteriorate year-after-year ?. In almost every other area, investing in bricks & mortar is a sound, sensible decision. It's not in football - having a superb-stadium is pointless if, year-after-year, less and less people attend it.

Meanwhile we've continued to lose to Hearts and become famous for 'Last-minute signings' of 'free-signings' who've been gash.

Quote Originally Posted by geohibby View Post
    ive got a question, why are Hearts better than us?
    they show some balls at least and get stuck in, even with there points deduction they still got in about it, im sick and tired of being the weaker team, the soft team, when are we going to show a pair and smash them and be proud to be a true hibee!!!!!!
    Totally agree! Sick if being 2nd best to the ****bos!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Why would the board agree to spending when so much talk of takeovers etc?
    Has Stubbs got budget left and just being cautious or is there no budget left? Guessing no-one knows fir sure

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    For a woman who said she wanted to communicate more with the fans, you would have never known it, FFS she hasn't even used her twitter account never mind hibs.net one for months.

And when are we going to start seeing all these kids in Hibs tops, easily implemented and will get done straight away.
    More and more i'm beginning to think her initials stand for Lame duck.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Our lack of incoming transfer activity has been a joke and it'll bite us on the arse big style. I genuinely didn't mind paying SPFL prices for my season ticket because I felt the team needed rebuild and I know the season ticket money is important to do that.

To have signed 3 players and a couple of loanees, is a farce and an utter insult to those of us stupid enough to dip into our pockets for season tickets.
    I'm surprised that you are surprised, this club have took the piss out of each and every one of us for years. I dont believe anything that comes out the club, new patsy or not.

In some ways it was possible the best I've seen hibs play for some time. But that said we looked vulnerable when Falkirk broke forward and we missed chance after chance. Some of the sideways passing was I suppose pedestrian too. We really need a few players in before August disappears, any chances?
    Last edited by gegs70; 24-08-2014 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Apart from the fans, does anyone associated with Hibernian care any more? It seems not based on the attitude and performance of our players today.

The last 15/20 minutes were a disgrace. No fight or desire. Sad times for Hibernian
    I think you will find that the fans do not really care anymore, apathy has set in and are leaving in their droves.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I think you will find that the fans do not really care anymore, apathy has set in and are leaving in their droves.
    Sadly I think this is right and its happening now. Amongst my group of 8 or so who usually go irrespective I haven't been able to get one other to go this season and haven't done it myself, a mix of reasons but the one that's clear is all are fed up of the talk and are waiting to see the delivery of what's now been promised.

Shame for the current regime but they are blighted by recent history and the feeling that there is still evidence of doing it Rods' way. Hopefully that will change before the window closes.

Its been a long turgid grind that's got us to where we are now, short term we are still falling in my opinion, fans all have different tolerance levels and I think a few of my generation are falling off the bus for the time being because there is not much else we can do in the current situation.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by djs69 View Post
    Why would the board agree to spending when so much talk of takeovers etc?
    Has Stubbs got budget left and just being cautious or is there no budget left? Guessing no-one knows fir sure
    Two reasons.

Firstly the club would be a more attractive proposition if it is well placed to be promoted at the first attempt.

Secondly, the club needs an injection of cash to improve the paying squad. The new owners will have to budget for that if the current regime hasn't provided the money, so if Farmer has already done so then they can repay him instead. The club will still have the same level of funds but benefits from receiving the money earlier.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.