hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liam Craig

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I sit in ff lower and it took a long time before anyone was booing anyone
    Relatively early in the 2nd half down near me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    There were actually times today when you could be forgiven for thinking was playing sweeper, embarrassing how awful he really is

Listen I'm not making excuses for Liam Craig but the game should have been dead and buried by half time we had plenty chances . That's my worry , not scoring goals . I still don't understand why he plays so deep though?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    And there was me thinking he had turned over a new leaf following his emphatic win as the teams on field hide and seek champion last season.

He had started the season well against der Hun and Livi and barring his pen miss was no too bad last week but today it seems he was back to normal.

We have no leaders in the team and Craig for me should not be captain.
    Am coming round to your way of thinking Aldo .

@hibs.net private member
    I am starting to worry about Stubbs. I just don't see what captain material Stubbs see's in him that we don't. I just can't see how team mates can be motivated by him, he constantly moans at the ref about decisions, if he put that effort into his game or organising the team he would maybe play a little better.

Liam Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Who?
    Scott Allan and Stanton
    Last edited by Amit; 23-08-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    I am starting to worry about Stubbs. I just don't see what captain material Stubbs see's in him that we don't. I just can't see how team mates can be motivated by him, he constantly moans at the ref about decisions, if he put that effort into his game or organising the team he would maybe play a little better.
    Louis van Gaal has just said yesterday that he expects players to take 3/4 months to become comfortable with a new philosophy. Yet he is a world class coach dealing with world class players.

We have people here worrying about our team and manager after 3 games......football, bloody hell

Quote Originally Posted by TowerHibs View Post
    Louis van Gaal has just said yesterday that he expects players to take 3/4 months to become comfortable with a new philosophy. Yet he is a world class coach dealing with world class players.

We have people here worrying about our team and manager after 3 games......football, bloody hell
    I think people have been worried about Hibs for much longer than that

Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    Since last season the only things I have said about Craig are

1) I thought he was sure to go in the clear out but Hibs must have thought his contract was too high.

2) If Stubbs thought he could get more out of him and felt 'compelled' to keep him on I would have to support it.

However, I have to say the man offers nothing, has no confidence, is NOT a captain by nature and even for his benefit should find another club.

And take Heffernan with him.

I have tried to see what they give but it eludes me.

Hibs should not have Hibs TV but Hibs re-run TV because it looks ominously like last season.

I can't believe how crap we already look from the way we played against the Rangers.

May I just ask who in the present squad. Could replace him?
    Time to take a reality check here me thinks because we are a football club very much lacking in instantaneous replacements, but hey push on people.

Too much pressure being put on LC as captain as his performances are showing.

He's not captain material but the problem we have is there is no-one at the club that is of captain material to take the job.

He needs to be dropped for a couple of weeks then played in his best position just behind our shot shy strikers.

First Team Breakthrough
    Funny thing is that he was not our worst player the day but yet again harris gets off scot free again, few comments about Craig heart but it's harris that pulls out challenges but nuffin said and as far as the comments that Stanton is the man to play in the middle get a grip the lad had about 3 descents games the first team.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Waiter View Post
    Scott Allan and Stanton
    Interesting, I've seen nothing from them to say they'd be better. Certainly not got the track record.

@hibs.net private member
    We pass up a barrow-load of chances to win the game by half time and it's Liam Craig's fault we didn't win? Craig put in tackles, took the ball off the centre halfs and gave it to the wingers. Probably exactly what Alan Stubbs asked him to do today.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    We pass up a barrow-load of chances to win the game by half time and it's Liam Craig's fault we didn't win? Craig put in tackles, took the ball off the centre halfs and gave it to the wingers. Probably exactly what Alan Stubbs asked him to do today.
    Crap. He took the ball from the centre backs and passed it back to them or our keeper or gave it away. His free kicks were a joke. We would have been better off a man short. A captain ? Never in a million years.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Crap. He took the ball from the centre backs and passed it back to them or our keeper or gave it away. His free kicks were a joke. We would have been better off a man short. A captain ? Never in a million years.
    aye ok then. you've clearly picked your scapegoat so I'm no going to argue

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Am coming round to your way of thinking Aldo .
    I was never turned.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Relatively early in the 2nd half down near me.
    Me too. It was bad.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Me too. It was bad.
    So was it his first touch or the second half that you heard it?

And was it from the FF or from the south end of the east which you said earlier?

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Some Hibs fans can GTF they contribute to the negative attitude at ER than effects the players. LC has not set the world on fire with his performances but he is the target of the boo boys. I have a bigger issue with the performance of Stanton, Harris, Cummings and Heff more than I with his performances.
    Thousands already have - and it is watching imposters like Captain Coward that has driven them away...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    Thousands already have - and it is watching imposters like Captain Coward that has driven them away...
    I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Just over 9,000 there today? The last thing we want is more fans deserting us.

On a separate note, is your username relating to an X-Zibit song... if so I'm quickly becoming one no thanks to Hibs.

I am going to the Dumbarton match n Tuesday. Will Stubbs ring the changes? Let's see what the team looks like without Craig. Get to the final and this tournament could be worth half a mill to Hibs, lose on Tuesday with or without Craig and it really looks bleak for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    So was it his first touch or the second half that you heard it?

And was it from the FF or from the south end of the east which you said earlier?
    Wtf are you on? The guy said he heard the booing from the FF lower. How does that not tie in with what I said earlier?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Wtf are you on? The guy said he heard the booing from the FF lower. How does that not tie in with what I said earlier?
    The guy said the boos came from the FF lower, you said they came from the south end of the east.

You said you heard the booing from when Liam Craig first touched the ball, he said he heard it at the start of the second half.

Doesn't tie in at all IMO

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    It's a very important role - but I agree, Hibs have lacked leaders in key areas since the McLeish days.

You need organisers, not players who just shout for shouting sake - but in each area of the pitch, a player who can read the game and instruct.

Hanlon is way way too quiet. Craig spends all game like a petulent kid and doesn't concentrate on his game or the game around him......up top Farid is ploughing a lone furrow it seems.

The true problem with this squad though, as with last three or four seasons, is a lack of pace in all areas of the pitch, especially middle to wide. Alex annoys me now with this lack of wanting to go outside - he has bloody pace to burn, he really needs told, 'get that ball and stretch that full back'. I'm not buying this confidence thing - he's doing the 'easy thing' by cutting inside and passing square.

Pace, bravery and creativity - it's what Hibs need (reading that back that sounded very Roy Castle )

I agree on all counts.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I defended him last week but that today was a disgrace.

Stanton and Allan in central midfield next week please.
    Struggling to see sense in the Stanton love in. Proved today in 10 mins that he's not good enough. Passenger at Tynecastle as well.

The guy said the boos came from the FF lower, you said they came from the south end of the east.

You said you heard the booing from when Liam Craig first touched the ball, he said he heard it at the start of the second half.

Doesn't tie in at all IMO
    Youll see the reply on the boo boys thread. Not sure why youd be implying Im making this up. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by The Waiter View Post
    Just go. You offer absolutely nothing. Like playing with a man down.
    Even after everything he still goes backwards with the ball..unbelievable

You are in the FF and heard folk booing Liam Craig from the south end of the east?? Wow you have amazing hearing. I sit in section 42 in the east and did not hear any of that until towards the end of the game.

You sure it wasn't the away fans booing an ex player?
    I was also in E 42 and heard nothing like a boo coming from anywhere towards Craig, my guess is imaginative hearing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by TowerHibs View Post

And the whole of last season when he was captain? Did you see captain material then? He hasn't just suddenly became suspect since Stubbs came in, he was mince last season and showed zero leadership capabilities!

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    Think you're getting mixed up with Allan, it was him and not Craig that was giving it to the wingers, all craig done was be a poor Barry Ferguson, very crabesque.