hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liam Craig

He should've been dropped after the Derby. He was poor in that game too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by The Waiter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just go. You offer absolutely nothing. Like playing with a man down.
    Or like Harris

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    How come he was good for Saints ans was described as "a god" by their fans, but can't replicate the same thing at us?
    Who told you he was good for the Saints., average player.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Think you are making that up to be fair
    Im not. I heard it with my own ears. I really dont understand it. It never ends well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Im not. I heard it with my own ears. I really dont understand it. It never ends well.
    Where were you sitting? I didn't hear it in the east but if it's true it's poor IMO. Fair enough after the game he had but before he had even touched the ball is out of order

As someone else said, it'll be interesting to see if he's dropped when Robertson and Allan are both available for selection. Far better midfielders. LC should be playing in behind the striker. Take him off free kicks and corners, his delivery is woeful.

Where were you sitting? I didn't hear it in the east but if it's true it's poor IMO. Fair enough after the game he had but before he had even touched the ball is out of order
    I was in the FF and the bulk of it was coming from the South side of the East. I moved from the East a couple of years ago having been there for over 30 years. Im glad I did tbh. I just hate hearing it. Not the way to back your team imo.

@hibs.net private member
    I was in the FF and the bulk of it was coming from the South side of the East. I moved from the East a couple of years ago having been there for over 30 years. Im glad I did tbh. I just hate hearing it. Not the way to back your team imo.
    You are in the FF and heard folk booing Liam Craig from the south end of the east?? Wow you have amazing hearing. I sit in section 42 in the east and did not hear any of that until towards the end of the game.

You sure it wasn't the away fans booing an ex player?

Never really understood the criticism of Craig before but it was evident today for all to see. Backpass, side pass, moan at ref and repeat. Absolute passenger and never a captain in a million years. Get him stripped of that captaincy and get him away from ER as far as possible. Useless.

He was getting booed as soon as the ball arrived at his feet. The start of your user name is very apt.
    i agree

You are in the FF and heard folk booing Liam Craig from the south end of the east?? Wow you have amazing hearing. I sit in section 42 in the east and did not hear any of that until towards the end of the game.

You sure it wasn't the away fans booing an ex player?
    It was clear as you like. Its called acoustics. You dont get the true perspective of the noise if youre in amongst it sometimes. Being further away gives you a better perspective. Im sure others sitting in other parts of the ground will agree.

The two main attributes a Captain should possess for me:

1) He should be able to lift the entire team to believing they can get something out of a game even when it looks lost.
    Craig is the polar opposite - he seems to drag the rest of the team down and get them believing it's hopeless even when there are point(s) there for the taking.

2) He should be a sure fire selection in the starting 11 based on how he's playing.
    At the moment I'd pick Robertson, Allan and Stanton before him for a two man Centre Midfield and very probably Stevenson.
    Tudor-Jones has been poor when I've seen him.

Add to that the fact his personal confidence is obviously seriously fragile - to let your head go down after making a total shop front of a penalty in a derby isn't great.
    For it to carry over into the next match suggests a serious lack of character.

As for his performance today - I thought it was terrible.

He got caught in possession far too often and his dead ball work was dreadful - one of his corners in the second half arrived about 3 foot off the ground and a couple of yards short of the near post which, if you're the designated corner taker is frankly unacceptable.

And somebody needs to take him to one side and tell him to seriously cut back on that little pitching wedge pass he seems to love so much.

And there was me thinking he had turned over a new leaf following his emphatic win as the teams on field hide and seek champion last season.

He had started the season well against der Hun and Livi and barring his pen miss was no too bad last week but today it seems he was back to normal.

We have no leaders in the team and Craig for me should not be captain.

@hibs.net private member
    It was clear as you like. Its called acoustics. You dont get the true perspective of the noise if youre in amongst it sometimes. Being further away gives you a better perspective. Im sure others sitting in other parts of the ground will agree.

We will see

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    Never really understood the criticism of Craig before but it was evident today for all to see. Backpass, side pass, moan at ref and repeat. Absolute passenger and never a captain in a million years. Get him stripped of that captaincy and get him away from ER as far as possible. Useless.
    Or maybe just try playing him in a role where he was good with his previous club?

I'd like to see him play more attaching midfielder and see what he offers, as like watching ray Wilkins again when he plays CDM. take pressure off and give captain arm band to someone else.....then see how he goes.

Some unbelievable dross on this thread. Try backing the guy instead of booing him for once eh?
    If this is upsetting you I would stay away from Hibsnet this season. The team is largely the same bunch of bottle merchants (led by bottler in chief Craig) as last season. The club is still owned by Farmer and the boardroom is still 'owned' by Petrie both of who have through neglect and incompetence have led us on an increasingly rapid downward spiral. If they won't open the chequebook and let Stubbs sign some decent quality players then the Livy result will be the high point of our season.

Spot on OP. Never a Hibs captain and should have been emptied after relegation. Too busy telling you in the papers about what he is going to do and then not actually doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    If this is upsetting you I would stay away from Hibsnet this season. The team is largely the same bunch of bottle merchants (led by bottler in chief Craig) as last season. The club is still owned by Farmer and the boardroom is still 'owned' by Petrie both of who have through neglect and incompetence have led us on an increasingly rapid downward spiral. If they won't open the chequebook and let Stubbs sign some decent quality players then the Livy result will be the high point of our season.
    Ive been on this site from when it was the old rivals board. It has become a more frequently depressing place post-match over the past few years. Kind of mirrored by the atmosphere in the stands. Im not upset just find it hard to get my head round the actions of some of our support. <shaking head smiley>

@hibs.net private member
    Some Hibs fans can GTF they contribute to the negative attitude at ER than effects the players. LC has not set the world on fire with his performances but he is the target of the boo boys. I have a bigger issue with the performance of Stanton, Harris, Cummings and Heff more than I with his performances.

It's funny but last week at Tynecastle the Hibs fans were immense. Never shut up until Hearts scored and even then tried to keep backing the team. At the end of the game a decent number applauded the players from the park. We still lost.

Yet today we lost and the big bad fans were a huge factor. Doesn't add up to me.

Fwiw I never really noticed any booing or abuse until about 15 minutes to go when we had totally fell out the game. I wasn't surprised by the applause and encouragement at half time and equally I wasn't shocked by the booing at full time.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

A football player ? He's bloody terrible, just moans and does **** all. A bad example and to be captain is just a farce.

@hibs.net private member
    He needs to go there are far too many looking to blame him for everything. A guy near me had to stop mid-boo today cos he played a decent ball.

Get himself a frash start (like Collins has) and before you know it we'll be applauding him off the pitch when he's playing for the opposition.

He was getting booed as soon as the ball arrived at his feet. The start of your user name is very apt.
    That's nonsense.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day View Post
    That's nonsense.
    It's true for the famous 5 lower.

Liam Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    He needs to go there are far too many looking to blame him for everything. A guy near me had to stop mid-boo today cos he played a decent ball.

Get himself a frash start (like Collins has) and before you know it we'll be applauding him off the pitch when he's playing for the opposition.
    I don't think people are blaming him for everything. He's simply not good enough to play the DM role.

Strip him of the captaincy and bench him. He needs to play in the No.10 position (behind the strikers) but there are better options in that position ahead of him.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Or maybe just try playing him in a role where he was good with his previous club?
    Good shout, do you think St Johnstone will want him?

I don't see the point in calling him all the names under the sun and booing him. It won't make him a better player

As DaveF says above, the best thing for both the club and LC would be for him to move on
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It's true for the famous 5 lower.
    I sit in ff lower and it took a long time before anyone was booing anyone

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Waiter View Post
    I don't think people are blaming him for everything. He's simply not good enough to play the DM role.

Strip him of the captaincy and bench him. He needs to play in the No.10 position (behind the strikers) but there are better options in that position ahead of him.
    Who?