hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

SDS Fans Consultation

The next step in the process is to get as many fans to give some feedback to the independent Supporters Direct to allow any plans to be fan driven

http://www.scottishfans.org/Hibs/
    Last edited by Mikey; 22-08-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Fixed link

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thanks for the update

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The next step in the process is to get as many fans to give some feedback to the independent Supporters Direct to allow any plans to be fan driven

http://ScottishFans.org/Hibs
    Before anyone else mentions it, the link doesn't work from here but does work if you copy and paste it into your browser.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Before anyone else mentions it, the link doesn't work from here but does work if you copy and paste it into your browser.
    Weird, the link does work in my reply saying that it didn't work in the original post.

Apologies if I've added a dud link.

Admin - can this be a sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Spam
    Corned beef !.

Apologies if I've added a dud link.

Admin - can this be a sticky?
    Link fixed.

To be honest, we've found that people don't pay any extra attention to stuck threads. It would be better just to bump it up the board every so often.

Spam
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Corned beef !.
    C'mon folks, let's leave the important threads alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Link fixed.

To be honest, we've found that people don't pay any extra attention to stuck threads. It would be better just to bump it up the board every so often.
    Thanks mikey

C'mon folks, let's leave the important threads alone.
    But it is SPAM...since when are people allowed Company Advertising?

But it is SPAM...since when are people allowed Company Advertising?
    It's part of the consultation process. Whether you agree with how it's done is up to you but people will want to have a look and discuss it.

Having got to this stage it might be worth NW letting us know who he is and what his part in it all is though!

http://www.scottishfans.org/Hibs/
    Would you care to provide a bit of transparency by declaring what your role is in any group involved in a potential takeover given that you have been talking down the value of the club at every opportunity, drip feeding information and also criticising Leeann Dempsters record in recent days, apparently in the interests of 'balance.'
    Also, who is the group who asked supporters direct to get involved? I don't know what process you are talking about without knowing that information. We all want what is best for the club but if it's a fan lead future then surely we need people to be upfront with us right from the start.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

It's part of the consultation process. Whether you agree with how it's done is up to you but people will want to have a look and discuss it.

Having got to this stage it might be worth NW letting us know who he is and what his part in it all is though!
    I have not mentioned any business of mine and I have no businesses who are involved.
    I am an independent fan who contact SDS some months ago , I have since been working behind the scenes trying to unite as many groups as possible and then drive a fans engagement for the fans but done by SDS.

Depending what the feedback is , depends where we go from then and ideally we are keen to run workshops etc to get the experts to provided info and education to fans

Coaching Staff
    So yet another group of interested people, no names, led by Paul Goodwin, who is he, trying to fascilitate a hibs take over.
    1) We now have the Low group, offer made, offer rejected.
    2) The Paul Kane group, offer made, offer rejected.
    3) The Goodwin, SDS, group, someone maybe able to enlighten me as to who & what they are.

All in all this rumbling on is doing nothing for stability at hibs just now.

Read the news article. Any group that I am aware of apart from the David Low group are pulling in and working with this SDS backed consultation.

Coaching Staff
    Read the news Goodwinarticle. Any group that I am aware of apart from the David Low group are pulling in and working with this SDS backed consultation.
    Again who constitues SDS ? Who Is Goodwin, new name to me. Have read the article and it is light on detail.

I'm not convinced that the Hearts model can be labelled as a success yet, as the supporters money hasn't really done much / anything yet?

It was Budge's money that bought the club, it remains to be seen whether their fans will carry on with their direct debits in the long term, which is the only way that such a scheme can be judged a success.

It strikes me as far too volatile a model, all it takes is a bad season, an unpopular manager, an embarrassing result and these payment contributions could drop noticeably. At the least you'd need a person with cash to back the whole thing up, a la Budge over the road. I'm all for supporters owning shares, and the current 'Manager's Fund' seems a good way for fans who want to contribute over and above attending games, but the idea of funding the club primarily on a source of income as potentially fickle as a large group of fans seems worrying to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    So yet another group of interested people, no names, led by Paul Goodwin, who is he, trying to fascilitate a hibs take over.
    1) We now have the Low group, offer made, offer rejected.
    2) The Paul Kane group, offer made, offer rejected.
    3) The Goodwin, SDS, group, someone maybe able to enlighten me as to who & what they are.

All in all this rumbling on is doing nothing for stability at hibs just now.

Lots of Fans have said they think we need regime change at Hibs. The fact that STF is already 73 means it will have to have happen reasonably soon. We've also had complaints about Petrie and the desire for a clean slate, which isn't going to happen while STF is still in charge. In the main, there appears to be a desire for some form of Supporter Engagement in the ownership of the club.

So the desire is there.

Also, many posters have complained about the lack of transparency in what is happening within bids and also about lack of engagement with Fans. As I see it, this group now appears to be attempting to tackle these issues.

Surely that's to be welcomed, not complained about? Or are we as a group of Suppprters just going to complain either way? The phrase 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Lots of Fans have said they think we need regime change at Hibs. The fact that STF is already 73 means it will have to have happen reasonably soon. We've also had complaints about Petrie and the desire for a clean slate, which isn't going to happen while STF is still in charge. In the main, there appears to be a desire for some form of Supporter Engagement in the ownership of the club.

So the desire is there.

Also, many posters have complained about the lack of transparency in what is happening within bids and also about lack of engagement with Fans. As I see it, this group now appears to be attempting to tackle these issues.

Surely that's to be welcomed, not complained about? Or are we as a group of Suppprters just going to complain either way? The phrase 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' springs to mind.
    I agree. So who are the people involved in setting up this consultation?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i reckon we must have the most fans groups in world football

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Spot on.

Well I've filled out the form, hope others do too, whether you agree with it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post

You could always ask the guy promoting it on here.

Coaching Staff

So the desire is there.

Let me assure you I am not complaining. You speak of the need for transparency, I agree, however here we have yet another opague group promising transparency.
    As I said we now have 3 groups promising (?) to take over hibs from STF there has been plenty of time for the first two to engage with the fans, but nothing.

I have. He simply ignored the question.

I think he already has.

I'm starting to lose track to be honest with all this takeover stuff. Personally, I just want to watch a football team, not own a club.

Supporters Direct have been involved with Hibs for 2 years. They came to a LWT meeting in January 2013 and when the Big Issues group ran Green Views the results were shared with Supporters Direct.

There has been extensive WT/SD consultation on Kick Off times and we had a dozen or so Hibbies up in Stirling for their conference in June. It was an informative day especially meeting other fans from North and South of the Border. Club management were also in attendance.

We heard at the last WT meeting that Big Issues team are proposing to invite SD to another meeting by way of follow up. I can't see anything happening very quickly on the ownership front so maybe information and discussion will do for now, while we wait for more signings to arrive?