hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Maybe this would be a good year to dump our own debt? Every other club seem to have done it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    QUOTE=Waxy;4150327]Maybe this would be a good year to dump our own debt? Every other club seem to have done it.[/QUOTE]

It really does beg the question: why not adopt the Hearts and The Rangers approach to finances? Debt's written off whilst still being able to recruit players on OTT salaries. Unsustainability is completely disregarded.The worst case scenario is a repeat of the same - administration, two fingers up to all the creditors and start all over again -and yes, retain the history and all the honours won fairly or otherwise.

Will it be like this...

...this...

....or maybe this?

First Team Breakthrough Smiggy 7-0's Avatar
    Suggestion to admins..................Please make it members only until after tomorrow......too many Yams looking in especially on the Griffiths thread.

Left by mutual consent!
    It really does beg the question: why not adopt the Hearts and The Rangers approach to finances? Debt's written off whilst still being able to recruit players on OTT salaries. Unsustainability is completely disregarded.The worst case scenario is a repeat of the same - administration, two fingers up to all the creditors and start all over again -and yes, retain the history and all the honours won fairly or otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Typical short-sighted opinion of the selfish fan - no care or thought for THE most important, vital people in our club - THE BOARD !

Administration would/could mean the end of these director's careers - would we really want to do that all for the sake of a football-club with a few thousand fans and a long history ??. Shame on us !
    Last edited by Deansy; 31-08-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How come Hearts managed to sign enough new players to have a 100% record and top of the league? They surely can't have all that much more ST money than us.

What they DID do was show some intent instead of waiting until the ST sales started. They signed players, Fans were encouraged, ST sales go up.

How is it SO difficult for Hibs to do that?
    Agreed. I understand the whole idea of taking our time to get the right players instead of quickly bringing in anyone. However, after last season, the fans were (understandably) very low, demoralised, angry and many unwilling to renew ST's as a result of this. We NEEDED to do something that gave the fans a lift, that gave the fans something to feel optimistic about.

I don't know what (if any) deals hibs have lined up for tomorrow but the current squad is nowhere near good enough to win promotion, especially now that we are looking now at our main striker being out a few months. Griffiths would have been a fantastic signing, it would certainly have given the place a lift but we can't depend on one signing taking us from very average (at best) to title pushers, our problems in the team are far bigger than that i'm afraid.

I hate to admit it but look at hearts - I know they had been preparing for the championship long long before us, however, they assembled their squad early and got them playing well together. We pissed about for too long when it came to getting in players and now still have a very weak squad, still consisting of too many of the gutless no marks that got us relegated.

Sorry for the doom and gloom post but thats how I see it atm. I hope by tuesday when all the transfers are done i'm feeling more optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    One minute we have a Farid and Leigh forward line.Next we have neither.
    Do we sign two forwards tomorrow?
    Yes wouldn't want to continue with heff etc

Quote Originally Posted by yankyhibby View Post
    QUOTE=Waxy;4150327]Maybe this would be a good year to dump our own debt? Every other club seem to have done it.
    It really does beg the question: why not adopt the Hearts and The Rangers approach to finances? Debt's written off whilst still being able to recruit players on OTT salaries. Unsustainability is completely disregarded.The worst case scenario is a repeat of the same - administration, two fingers up to all the creditors and start all over again -and yes, retain the history and all the honours won fairly or otherwise.[/QUOTE]

It would be the easy option to do what the huns and the mini huns did and rob and thieve to cheat our way to success. However, look at the big picture - would I really want to rob charities and small businesses just for a bit of football success. no.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    How come Hearts managed to sign enough new players to have a 100% record and top of the league? They surely can't have all that much more ST money than us.

What they DID do was show some intent instead of waiting until the ST sales started. They signed players, Fans were encouraged, ST sales go up.

How is it SO difficult for Hibs to do that?
    The club will argue it's because they had a new manager in place before us abd levein will have been scouting players fir months prior to officially taking over. Fair argument to an extent but the delay in punting butcher is what's really cost us here, giving him a wee fortnight holiday before the poor wee sausage had to get a bit bad news is a complete joke. Should have been sacked immediately.

One other difference which I do think is valid is that hearts didn't start the season with confidence completely sapped from the club, not for a second am I blaming the fans but it has been a factor.

All that said, I agree with you, the club have shown no intent to try and get us promoted. They're just hoping for the best and expecting the fans to just turn up and take it.

What is clear here is no matter what happens regarding players arriving tomorrow Leigh or what have you. The board have done it all wrong again. We are 6 players short of being just good. Not even very good!

They themselves called it the wind of change. Well where it matters which is on the pitch no change has happened. We are still losing game but in a league lower than before. We are still scrambling for signatures on the last day as before, and we are no where near ready to compete for the top spot.

This means one thing... Rod Petire LIED! He said when LD came in this would change well it hasn't. I was shot down for attacking him before yet I know now for a fact I was right!

Oh one other thing I was going to leave off but to be honest I don't care anymore. Me Petrie still over looks all transfer deals that come in and go out! He still controls wages as well.

Back seat?? Sure! This will all come out anyway soon enough. But it's time folk knew the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    What is clear here is no matter what happens regarding players arriving tomorrow Leigh or what have you. The board have done it all wrong again. We are 6 players short of being just good. Not even very good!

They themselves called it the wind of change. Well where it matters which is on the pitch no change has happened. We are still losing game but in a league lower than before. We are still scrambling for signatures on the last day as before, and we are no where near ready to compete for the top spot.

This means one thing... Rod Petire LIED! He said when LD came in this would change well it hasn't. I was shot down for attacking him before yet I know now for a fact I was right!

Oh one other thing I was going to leave off but to be honest I don't care anymore. Me Petrie still over looks all transfer deals that come in and go out! He still controls wages as well.

Back seat?? Sure! This will all come out anyway soon enough. But it's time folk knew the truth.
    Was it not dempster that came out with that wind of change pish?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    No before she was appointed we were told change is coming. Things are about to improve and the club can and will go into a new direction. Then she came in.

Maybe she carried it on mate I don't know. These are empty words from a board that's failed us. The proof is we are in the championship and sitting down the wrong end. How far do we drop before they get the hell away from ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    No before she was appointed we were told change is coming. Things are about to improve and the club can and will go into a new direction. Then she came in.

Maybe she carried it on mate I don't know. These are empty words from a board that's failed us. The proof is we are in the championship and sitting down the wrong end. How far do we drop before they get the hell away from ER.
    Consultation tomorrow night though, that'll make all the difference.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Maybe this would be a good year to dump our own debt? Every other club seem to have done it.
    We don't have to do much to do this. All scottish banks are desperate to shed football debt, even it means a big hit. Aberdeen and Dundee Utd have each shed millions of debt in the last year. We seem to be the only club that plays by the rules. What good does it do ?

She did however say that the clubs main aim this season was promotion!!

We shall see what happens tomorrow then.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    "Wind of change" was a stock Petrie statement released as we were heading for the Championship.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    "Wind of change" was a stock Petrie statement released as we were heading for the Championship.
    .......... in other words, 'farting against thunder'. :-)

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    09:07
    Here's some early-morning news for you...
    Sporting Gijon striker Stefan Scepovic has pulled out of a transfer to Celtic. The 24-year-old Serbian international had agreed a four-year deal with the Scottish champions, who had arranged a medical and work permit for him.
    However, Celtic were informed on Sunday that Scepovic had decided against a move to Scotland.