hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Transfer Deadline Day

When is this? Can't be far away now.It's sometimes different from the English TDD.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When is this? Can't be far away now.It's sometimes different from the English TDD.
    Monday 1st September 11pm

After a lot of speculation that we'd, for once, have the squad sorted out early this year, it looks like we are going to have an interest in Deadline Day after all.

I can just imagine it being dominated by posts along the lines of 'now that we didn't get Griffiths, who are we signing instead?'

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    After a lot of speculation that we'd, for once, have the squad sorted out early this year, it looks like we are going to have an interest in Deadline Day after all.

I can just imagine it being dominated by posts along the lines of 'now that we didn't get Griffiths, who are we signing instead?'
    Going by Stubbs' comments this morning, maybe we won't have an interest in TDD. Worrying that we may be prepared to go into the next 4 months with a squad with so little depth

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875

I think snacks and dinner choices will dominate, I love deadline day even the flat ones like January's offering but I do wish we had it all done with maybe bringing in if someone leaves but we need to do more business before the 1st that much is certain

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Going by Stubbs' comments this morning, maybe we won't have an interest in TDD. Worrying that we may be prepared to go into the next 4 months with a squad with so little depth
    What was AS saying? I've had a suspicion for a while now, because of the deafening silence from ER on the signings front, that Hibs will not be making any further signings before TDD because the money is simply not there. Or, those running the club will not "speculate to accumulate" as has been suggested elsewhere on these forums.

If that's the case, we have very little chance of winning this league this season IMO. A few injuries and suspensions and we are toiling.

I hope I'm totally wrong though.

I'm not confident we will have any interest.
    I get the feeling the club are settling for a prolonged stay in the championship.
    Our lack if activity is a real kick in the teeth after last season.

NO MONEY. = NO NEW FACE'S COMING INTO ER.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    What managers are saying and what happens are two different things IMO especially coming up to deadline day, I am sure Hibs will have offers in place for 3 or 4 players however the players are likely to have options also.

Lets see where we are on the 1st though IMO we do need 2 or 3 players in especially if we are going to be getting players sent off at the rate we currently are.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I'm not confident we will have any interest.
    I get the feeling the club are settling for a prolonged stay in the championship.
    Our lack if activity is a real kick in the teeth after last season.
    Makes complete sense that

The prospect of a few injuries and suspensions before January will dictate that we will bring in a couple of new faces on or before TDD............surely.

Blog Entries
    What comments were these? I just listened to his 9 minute interview on Hibs TV from yesterday & there was no mention of transfers. He was however refreshingly open & honest re Nelson. Basically said at his age he needed to be playing & he couldn't guarantee him first team football at ER. Praised his professionalism & his performance on Sunday.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    What comments were these? I just listened to his 9 minute interview on Hibs TV from yesterday & there was no mention of transfers. He was however refreshingly open & honest re Nelson. Basically said at his age he needed to be playing & he couldn't guarantee him first team football at ER. Praised his professionalism & his performance on Sunday.
    Just his comments in the Scotsman. It looks like 1 in, 1 out at best so if Nelson goes, we'll see another centre half. It's players further up the park we need tho.

The comment - “But nothing’s changed. I think Nels may have one or two options and there may be some movement over the next few days on that. I hope that would allow me to bring someone else in. I don’t really want to be losing someone and not bringing another one in. We are actively making progress on that front.”

One minute we have a Farid and Leigh forward line.Next we have neither.
    Do we sign two forwards tomorrow?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I'm predicting the usual deadline day disappointment of loans or journeymen. Both if we're lucky.

I'd love to be proven wrong but history suggests that is very unlikely. We have no ambition and no drive.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    I'm predicting the usual deadline day disappointment of loans or journeymen. Both if we're lucky.

I'd love to be proven wrong but history suggests that is very unlikely. We have no ambition and no drive.
    I have that feeling too.
    Really hope that I'm wetting the bed too early but we still seem a shambles .
    What a sorry state of affairs.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

The state we are in just now it might be better if we got Leigh later. Maybe next window or further. He'd be wasted playing with some of the current players we have.

@hibs.net private member
    The injury to Farrid has surely set the cat amongst Stubbs & Leanne's transfer deadline pigeon coop. There is absolutely nothing for it - we HAVE to sign at least one striker and a good one at that - promising might-be loanees and wandering has been journeymen will be a gamble when what we need is a proven goal scorer (or two) at this level or above.

I'll be watching in with more hope than expectation as I'll be amazed if "the winds of change" blow in anything more than our standard "who-he?" grade of deadline day signing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    The state we are in just now it might be better if we got Leigh later. Maybe next window or further. He'd be wasted playing with some of the current players we have.
    TBH Leigh could play the mugs in this league own his own. Saved us from going down on his own, or just about, the last time he was here. Would bring back the memory of when the late, great Joe Baker returned. Easter Road was buzzing.

I'm a bit concerned at what transfer deadline day may bring and more importantly how our business may be perceived by our own fans.

All the Griffiths talk has whipped us up into a frenzy and it's going to be very difficult for Hibs to meet our now sky-high expectations.

Before Farid joined could we regard him as anything other than a journeyman? Is Kennedy anything other than a promising youngster with very limited first-team experience? What about David Gray's cv? Man Utd youth ( a bit like Colin Murdock) then journeyman at best.

Yet all of these players have breathed life into the team and have highlighted further how poor some of those that remain from before are.

I am almost sure there will be disappointment tomorrow. But let's give anyone who comes in a chance before writing them off.

What's happening with the guy's from Everton? Any of them likely to come?

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    NO MONEY. = NO NEW FACE'S COMING INTO ER.

How come Hearts managed to sign enough new players to have a 100% record and top of the league? They surely can't have all that much more ST money than us.

What they DID do was show some intent instead of waiting until the ST sales started. They signed players, Fans were encouraged, ST sales go up.

How is it SO difficult for Hibs to do that?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    How come Hearts managed to sign enough new players to have a 100% record and top of the league? They surely can't have all that much more ST money than us.

What they DID do was show some intent instead of waiting until the ST sales started. They signed players, Fans were encouraged, ST sales go up.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Even if Leigh signs tomorrow the frailties in our team all over the park are too numerous to mention. If anybody still thinks Hibs are serious title or promotion candidates they are deluding themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    What's happening with the guy's from Everton? Any of them likely to come?
    Stubbs has indicated no as the ones he wants are getting on bench for their European games and they won't risk letting them go so unless they have a changed of heart that one is clear cut

One day we will have new owners who understand football, and their supporters. I may be 6 feet under by then, but Im convinced that one day in the future, we will start a season full of intent at every level, and hit the ground running, and not take the foot off the gas until the last kick of the ball of the season.

Left by mutual consent!

It helped by not paying about £40 million of debt they had accrued. They and The rangers are **** so never forget that. Both Dundee Utd and Aberdeen done deals with their banks to write off their debts. Time to take the mits off, free the funds and get some streetfighters in.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

They are doing better because they brought in the right players to compliment what was there already

Left by mutual consent!

My sentiments also.

That's the question that needs put to Leeann in these consultation meetings as I it's a mystery to me why we don't learn from others and get things right .We just seem to repeat the same mistakes but with different managers and different personnel .