hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar

Alloa v Hibernian. Pre match drinks

Posted on another thread but started new thread on advice from someone else. See below. Ta

Right folks. I am a lifelong Hibby and long time member of the Alloa branch and also a long time member of Alloa rugby club. The club would like to extend an invitation to visiting Hibbies as Alloa town centre only has half a dozen pubs and 2000 Hibbies will struggle to get in!! We can cater for 120 (2 busloads)so if you are interested, the first 2 organisers who reply to me can book into the club. We are about a 15 minute walk to Recreation Park and buses can be parked at the club till after the match if required. I think that some of the Alloa Hibs boys will be down and I'll be serving behind the bar. So if you want to put a face to the slavering pish of Spike Mandella give me a shout. Cheers. This invite will not be extended to the visiting yam and huns. Edit. No PMs on phone as PC is goosed and don't think I can get PMs on phones

2. Log in to remove the advert

Fantastic offer.

Sure you'll have plenty people keen to take you up on it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Posted on another thread but started new thread on advice from someone else. See below. Ta

Right folks. I am a lifelong Hibby and long time member of the Alloa branch and also a long time member of Alloa rugby club. The club would like to extend an invitation to visiting Hibbies as Alloa town centre only has half a dozen pubs and 2000 Hibbies will struggle to get in!! We can cater for 120 (2 busloads)so if you are interested, the first 2 organisers who reply to me can book into the club. We are about a 15 minute walk to Recreation Park and buses can be parked at the club till after the match if required. I think that some of the Alloa Hibs boys will be down and I'll be serving behind the bar. So if you want to put a face to the slavering pish of Spike Mandella give me a shout. Cheers. This invite will not be extended to the visiting yam and huns. Edit. No PMs on phone as PC is goosed and don't think I can get PMs on phones
    You have a P.M.

Quote Originally Posted by IFONLY View Post
    You have a P.M.
    Ive replied, i think! phones and me being a technophobe are a bad combo.

First Team Breakthrough Spoonjilloun's Avatar
    How do I pm? We have a minibus of 16 if u'll have us haha. Would be perfect for parking too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive replied, i think! phones and me being a technophobe are a bad combo.
    Nothing received yet

First Team Breakthrough Spoonjilloun's Avatar
    Ignore! Done it

Quote Originally Posted by IFONLY View Post
    Nothing received yet
    I've tried again but not sure its gone. I got your number so will call you tomorrow to organise it. Whats best time to call?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonjilloun View Post
    Ignore! Done it

Got your PM but i don't seem able to reply! PM a mobile number and best time to phone and I'll call you tomorrow

I've tried again but not sure its gone. I got your number so will call you tomorrow to organise it. Whats best time to call?
    Cheers......after 7-00pm will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonjilloun View Post
    How do I pm? We have a minibus of 16 if u'll have us haha. Would be perfect for parking too.

Spoonjilloun PM sent and message left on phone. Can you bet back to me please. Ta
    Anyone else interested give me PM. Still have some room. Cheers

Blog Entries
    Where are some decent pubs for those of us who go on our own? Apologies if this is not the appropriative thread but I'll be leaving Glasgow in plenty of time

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cheeky *******

Quote Originally Posted by <3Morrissey View Post
    Where are some decent pubs for those of us who go on our own? Apologies if this is not the appropriative thread but I'll be leaving Glasgow in plenty of time
    There genuinely are only a handful of pubs left in the town so here goes on a rundown
    Station Hotel. Good old fashioned mans pub. Alloa supporters club meets there. Primrose Bar as above good old fashioned mans bar. Star Bar ditto. Thistle bar/junction. Decent bar as the others with a lounge as well. Wither spoons, as you would expect. Old Brewery, trendier of the pubs and probably the biggest in town. All of these will be ok but be very prepared to bump into many many Huns!! Peppes bar, Celtic pub so should be ok but be prepared to be patronised as their wee cousins and tales of the old country from guys who have never left Scotland. The Bank, full of the biggest nuggets on the planet, only to be used in an emergency. There is Weir pumps club but it is members only usually but would be ok if you can get in. Unfortunately a wee bit down on the towns heyday of about 27 pubs😢. Good luck and don't let the amount of Huns give you the wrong idea of Alloa!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Cheeky *******
    You heading down rugby club? Might even buy you a drink!!

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You heading down rugby club? Might even buy you a drink!!
    You know I'm working nights so it will only be a soft drink ya tight git!

See you there.

There genuinely are only a handful of pubs left in the town so here goes on a rundown
    Station Hotel. Good old fashioned mans pub. Alloa supporters club meets there. Primrose Bar as above good old fashioned mans bar. Star Bar ditto. Thistle bar/junction. Decent bar as the others with a lounge as well. Wither spoons, as you would expect. Old Brewery, trendier of the pubs and probably the biggest in town. All of these will be ok but be very prepared to bump into many many Huns!! Peppes bar, Celtic pub so should be ok but be prepared to be patronised as their wee cousins and tales of the old country from guys who have never left Scotland. The Bank, full of the biggest nuggets on the planet, only to be used in an emergency. There is Weir pumps club but it is members only usually but would be ok if you can get in. Unfortunately a wee bit down on the towns heyday of about 27 pubs. Good luck and don't let the amount of Huns give you the wrong idea of Alloa!!
    Any relatively close to the ground?

Station Hotel. Good old fashioned mans pub. Alloa supporters club meets there. Primrose Bar as above good old fashioned mans bar. Star Bar ditto. Thistle bar/junction. Decent bar as the others with a lounge as well. Wither spoons, as you would expect. Old Brewery, trendier of the pubs and probably the biggest in town. All of these will be ok but be very prepared to bump into many many Huns!! Peppes bar, Celtic pub so should be ok but be prepared to be patronised as their wee cousins and tales of the old country from guys who have never left Scotland. The Bank, full of the biggest nuggets on the planet, only to be used in an emergency. There is Weir pumps club but it is members only usually but would be ok if you can get in. Unfortunately a wee bit down on the towns heyday of about 27 pubs. Good luck and don't let the amount of Huns give you the wrong idea of Alloa!!
    Ah, the Primrose ..remember when old mr Greasley ran the place ..many moons back ..

I forgot about Crams bar. A great wee pub!! Again a proper old pub but 25 folk fill it!! My living room is bigger

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Any relatively close to the ground?
    Clearly you've never been to the metropolis that is Alloa😀. Everything is close by. All the pubs in the town are 10 mins from the ground!!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Clearly you've never been to the metropolis that is Alloa😀. Everything is close by. All the pubs in the town are 10 mins from the ground!!
    What about car parking?

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Ah, the Primrose ..remember when old mr Greasley ran the place ..many moons back ..
    I played for the Prim football team back then when I was about 16. It really hasn't changed much

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    What about car parking?
    There is a small car park at the ground. A large Morrisons car park 5mins away. Large Tescos and Asda that have decent sized car parks in the town centre, again only 10 mins from ground.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    There is a small car park at the ground. A large Morrisons car park 5mins away. Large Tescos and Asda that have decent sized car parks in the town centre, again only 10 mins from ground.
    Thanks, driven by the ground a few times in recent times, but didn't think we'd been be playing there sometime soon

Blog Entries
    Thanks a lot for that, looks like I'll be giving the Primrose bar a go

I played for the Prim football team back then when I was about 16. It really hasn't changed much
    Was like stepping back in time when ye entered that place ..

Do you know a Tam Wilson who travels or used to travel on the Alloa bus with his friend Eddie ?

We have 1 bus and 1 minibus booked in to the rugby club. Anyone else interested PM me. Cheers

First Team Regular
    alloa, i remember it well from my days as the token Stirling Hibee. I recall wondering if my car would still be in the car parkopposite the Thistle after racing at the last min to the connecting bus to ER prior to the away leg at Anderlecht in 92.

Does treetops still exist or is it long gone? That was the most upscale place i think. Ventured by chance on another occasin to a place called theShip which had a bit of an edge. Later told by alloa hibees it was rough as hell. Does this still exist.

Back of dyke i vaguely recall going to after the Clackmannan council Xmas party one year.

Ah nostolgia!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Token Stirling Hibee? There are hunners o us! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Token Stirling Hibee? There are hunners o us! :-)

You should organise a supporters bus